Boiler breakdown cover

Posted 7th Oct
Hi, I my boiler is 10 years old and when I moved to the house it’s sort of working ok but some buttons were off. I have a feeling it will give up this winter and I have small kids. I never did breakdown cover before on boilers is it worth? And do they pay for it fully?
I’m currently with avro energy

Any advice will be great

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Tbh I'd start saving to get it replaced.
Newer boilers are a lot more efficient and if you get one with a 7+ year warranty it's going to save a lot.
Get insurance and when it breaks down, they will likely pay out seeing as its 10yrs old. You should get around £350 for it. That can go towards a new one which will cost at least £700 with labour.
Hi, We had our Baxi boiler put in 9 years ago and it came with a 10 year guarantee, however a condition of that guarantee is that it must be serviced annually (Costs us £45 and the engineer signs, dates and stamps the log book we have to verify said service).
I think most boiler covers stipulate something like this. Also, many companies won't provide cover on a boiler older than 10 years. If you do find one that does, they usually say you can't make a call out for the 1st month.

I think you might struggle to find a company that will provide cover if it's over 10 years old but do let us know if you do.

Might need to look at saving for a new boiler just in case.

As a side not, we're with BG for gas/electric and the tariff we're on also provides 1 year free home emergency cover which includes boiler cover, worth checking if perhaps you're covered that way, or through home insurance.
Unnamed07/10/2019 23:08

Hi, We had our Baxi boiler put in 9 years ago and it came with a 10 year …Hi, We had our Baxi boiler put in 9 years ago and it came with a 10 year guarantee, however a condition of that guarantee is that it must be serviced annually (Costs us £45 and the engineer signs, dates and stamps the log book we have to verify said service).I think most boiler covers stipulate something like this. Also, many companies won't provide cover on a boiler older than 10 years. If you do find one that does, they usually say you can't make a call out for the 1st month. I think you might struggle to find a company that will provide cover if it's over 10 years old but do let us know if you do. Might need to look at saving for a new boiler just in case. As a side not, we're with BG for gas/electric and the tariff we're on also provides 1 year free home emergency cover which includes boiler cover, worth checking if perhaps you're covered that way, or through home insurance.

Or maybe thru bank accounts. Some offer certain insurance policies as a sweetener x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants