Groups

boiler broken :-(

boiler just out of warranty by about 3 weeks and its broken, no power to it, anybody know best way to get it sorted,

british gas want £165 one off payment or £20 a month (12 months minimum) as insurance and one off charge of £90

Premier heat (warm front) want £65 just for call out charge

in manchester area, any advice, help, appreciated, thankyou

12 Comments

have you checked the fuse?

Original Poster

chezz2;6659163

have you checked the fuse?

yes, had some guy check (not very reliable) it and said its the main part which costs like £130, but it could be something small, and don't really want to be paying a lot if it is

make and model of boiler?

Banned

Has it been serviced in the warranty period?

Call the manufacturer and explain it's just out of warranty and you wouldn't expect it to break so soon after. Stand firm that you want some contribution to the repair but bear in mind they will want you to prove you serviced it

Original Poster

dimebars;6659249

Has it been serviced in the warranty period?Call the manufacturer and … Has it been serviced in the warranty period?Call the manufacturer and explain it's just out of warranty and you wouldn't expect it to break so soon after. Stand firm that you want some contribution to the repair but bear in mind they will want you to prove you serviced it

tried , no luck, and yes its been serviced with them

Original Poster

souljacker;6659244

make and model of boiler?

no idea, il have a look

i would get a second opinion if i were you, corgi registered. but you could check the fuse yourself by changing it in the fused spur/switch that supplies the boiler, assuming of course that the boiler is safe! its so easy to get ripped off isn't it. i would not take chances with unreliable tradesmen when it comes to gas boilers though

Original Poster

chezz2;6659289

i would get a second opinion if i were you, corgi registered. but you … i would get a second opinion if i were you, corgi registered. but you could check the fuse yourself by changing it in the fused spur/switch that supplies the boiler, assuming of course that the boiler is safe! its so easy to get ripped off isn't it. i would not take chances with unreliable tradesmen when it comes to gas boilers though

thats why i turned to british gas, i have no idea how to check the fuse thing,lol, but apparently was checked and thats ok

kamy187;6659319

thats why i turned to british gas, i have no idea how to check the fuse … thats why i turned to british gas, i have no idea how to check the fuse thing,lol, but apparently was checked and thats ok

if you want i can tell you how to check the fuse, but all things considered it might be best to leave it to the experts. best of luck cos its gettin nippy! do you want me to send you some hot water for a bath?:)

Original Poster

chezz2;6659373

if you want i can tell you how to check the fuse, but all things … if you want i can tell you how to check the fuse, but all things considered it might be best to leave it to the experts. best of luck cos its gettin nippy! do you want me to send you some hot water for a bath?:)

lol no thats fine, stayin at parents in mean time,lol, really cold though, how to check the fuse please??

You'll also find a lot of boliers have fuses built into the pcb so if the fuse at the swicth is fine it could be thta one thats gone, if you find out what boiler it is would be a help

More likely to be the fuse on the PCB than on the spur. Otherwise it's a replacement PCB which is probably what the £130 person said. Don't just take someone's word as being genuine without checking things anyone can, fuse in spur, fuse on pcb (there may be 2 fuses on pcb. If they all ok then replace pcb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148

See more discussions