Found 9th Jan 2010
If your Boiler has stopped working and it is of the new Condenser Type, try pouring a few kettles of boiling water over the outlet pipe from your boiler outside, a lot have frozen recently causing the boilers to stop working.

1. Misc
  2. Boiler
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Boiler
4 Comments

I have been doing this every morning!! finally last night left it on all night on the minimun setting and it didn't freeze up for the first time!

Result!

Ours went on Thursday, spent yesterday freezing cos I can't reach the pipe. Oh has now thawed it and lagged it really well with foam insulation. Lovely warm house again - Bliss!!!

Banned

KazzyD;7483656

Ours went on Thursday, spent yesterday freezing cos I can't reach the … Ours went on Thursday, spent yesterday freezing cos I can't reach the pipe. Oh has now thawed it and lagged it really well with foam insulation. Lovely warm house again - Bliss!!!

Nothing worse than a cold house.

It makes me miserable x x

I done this about 5 hours ago round my OH house, then i put some hessien round the pipe outside and foam round the internal
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69773
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    4. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11

See more discussions