Expired

boiler flue extention from horizontal to vertical due to pir sensor and future conservatory

LocalFound 2nd Nov 2014
hello,
I have upgarded my flood light to the one with pir sensor
noticed that everytime the boiler kicks in the light comes on ( when dark)

I now the best quick -short term solution would be relocate pir
however
in the next 6 month I'm planing to have a roofed patio so the boiler flue would have to be extended anyway

I'm not sure what kit or parts should I get as I do not know if all flue pipes are same.
can someone advice me please?

thanks
Community Updates
18 Comments
http://s28.postimg.org/4jb0s5iu1/2014_10_30_16_05_32.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/fxd1fgzhb/2014_10_30_16_05_22.jpg

http://s27.postimg.org/hnw2gyh0f/2014_10_30_16_05_27.jpg
i would suggest a pluming kit. on the flue pipe you have pictured the outside of the pipe sucks air in and the center part throws out the fumes. its this part it fits onto. you can extend it straight up and come in 1m lengths. you have to buy the same brand as the boiler. part of manufacturer conditions also it would need to be done by a gas safe engineer.

google.co.uk/sea…oAg
if u are looking to extend the flue for the future. you will need a extension kit and 90 degree bend followed by a vertical flue. best to check the instruction as said by whatsthepoint. i would personally call a gas safe plumber and get quotes and pick there brain.
Not 100% certain but the last bit of tube will eith be 4" (100mm)dia or 3"(75mm)dia

a 90 deg bend and a short length (maybe 500mm) of straight (must be heat resistant - tell your supplier what it's for) to take it upwards but more than likely you are looking at resiting the whole boiler for the new conservatory depending of course on how the boiler is channeled/connected to existing vent
Edited by: "philphil61" 2nd Nov 2014
what a quick replies!

nice
ok my boiler is baxi solo 15 he

according to manulas max lenght 4m

were I could get the kit?
and how much I should be looking to spend for parts
and labour?

many thanks
I think it is illegal to alter flue unless you are a gas safe registered fitter. It could affect combustion and leaks are potential death risks.
mjccam

Buy this : … Buy this : http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/Retro-fit-Plume-Management-Kit-60mm?cPath=213_1_15_78&

nice price
what if I buy kit like this ( none geneuine baxi part) and plumber/gas safety engineer comes at tells me he can not/ will not install this?
Edited by: "werdas" 2nd Nov 2014
werdas

nice pricewhat if I buy kit like this ( none geneuine baxi part) and … nice pricewhat if I buy kit like this ( none geneuine baxi part) and plumber/gas safety engineer comes at tells me he can not/ will not install this?

Seriously? Ask first, then buy it?!
werdas

nice pricewhat if I buy kit like this ( none geneuine baxi part) and … nice pricewhat if I buy kit like this ( none geneuine baxi part) and plumber/gas safety engineer comes at tells me he can not/ will not install this?

normally it says only genuine parts on the installers manual. u can not mix and match other companies flues even though they fit. i would personally call the plumbers in first and ask them if the happy to do it it before buying any item. it will only take a hour to do from start to finish including all the gas checks the must do. it should just simply click and connect followed by a fixing bracket to the wall to hold it in place.
Seriously? You don't know what parts to order? Therefore you're clearly not competent to work on a gas appliance. Do not put your own life and your family's lives at risk and just employ a gas safe engineer to do the work.
Rab88

Seriously? You don't know what parts to order? Therefore you're clearly … Seriously? You don't know what parts to order? Therefore you're clearly not competent to work on a gas appliance. Do not put your own life and your family's lives at risk and just employ a gas safe engineer to do the work.

easy....
I did not say I will do the work!
werdas

Just phone a couple ( at least 3) local gas engineers and tell them you've bought a plume extension kit for your flue that you need fitted. Shouldn't be more than an hours labour, very simple job. They will need to do a performance test after it's fitted and remember to ask for the print out. If any of them act up, move on and find another guy
Simples
mjccam

Just phone a couple ( at least 3) local gas engineers and tell them … Just phone a couple ( at least 3) local gas engineers and tell them you've bought a plume extension kit for your flue that you need fitted. Shouldn't be more than an hours labour, very simple job. They will need to do a performance test after it's fitted and remember to ask for the print out. If any of them act up, move on and find another guy

thanks, will do .
Also be worth checking what the minimum allowed distance is between a flue and conservatory.
Get a professional in, either with advice or to u see take the works.
This is gas you're dealing with.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants