Expired

Boiler help.

Found 17th Sep 2017Edited by:"Danjw91"
Got a Vaillant ecotec pro 30 and the pressure is flashing and at 3.6 bar. I am pretty sure when fitted they shown me how to reduce pressure on the device or boiler itself but can't remember.

Ive Googled it and looked at downloaded manuals but still can't find anything.

Any help appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Bleed radiators
Take a pic of the around of your boiler, is there a loop of pipe somewhere with levers on it?
Original Poster
LeahsMintytoutou2 m ago

Bleed radiators

Ye did think that and read that.
Original Poster
hairray2 m ago

Take a pic of the around of your boiler, is there a loop of pipe somewhere …Take a pic of the around of your boiler, is there a loop of pipe somewhere with levers on it?

hairray2 m ago

Take a pic of the around of your boiler, is there a loop of pipe somewhere …Take a pic of the around of your boiler, is there a loop of pipe somewhere with levers on it?

777765628-1505662624.jpg
It's not showing on my phone! I need an iPhone X to see it
Original Poster
hairray2 m ago

It's not showing on my phone! I need an iPhone X to see it

Anyone who gets an iPhone X needs a brain
Danjw912 m ago

Anyone who gets an iPhone X needs a brain

Haha indeed.
I went on my laptop to look at your images.

See those two black levers near the flexi hose?
Make sure you've got your eye on the pressure, should should numbers 1, 2 and 3.

The levers are quarter turn.

Let the one on the right open gently, does it make a noise and is the pressure going up? If no, then let the one out on the left very gently, hear or see it? The pressure is going up. Keep it in the green, not above 3. Do it very gently, if you overcook it, you're ******!
Edited by moderator: "removed swear" 17th Sep 2017
Original Poster
hairray24 m ago

Haha indeed.I went on my laptop to look at your images. See those two …Haha indeed.I went on my laptop to look at your images. See those two black levers near the flexi hose?

Ye, tried turning them but didn't seem to do anything, also one won't turn for some reason
If you have 3.6 bar in your system you're too high - so you need to relieve the pressure (not add more water in).

You need to let some water out of the system - using the radiator bleed nipples is the easiest way if you don't have any spanners. You will need to let some of the water out (not just air) to bring the pressure down - use a rag to collect the water to avoid stains of your decorations.

If doing this does not bring the pressure down then water must be getting into the system as fast as it is leaving - i.e. the valves on the filling loop must either not be fully closed or are passing - try to make sure they are closed tight!

Here is a video similar to your problem .......
1st thing that pipe should not be left connected....After you fill the boiler up, pipe needs to be disconnected reason why is because of failure of valve will keep filling boiler up.....If you can't move the black lever then turn the screw on the left side pipe to horizontal at the moment it's vertical....that will stop boiler filling up.
Original Poster
Thanks all. Bled radiators and pressure has gone down
Adam7861232 h, 14 m ago

1st thing that pipe should not be left connected....After you fill the …1st thing that pipe should not be left connected....After you fill the boiler up, pipe needs to be disconnected reason why is because of failure of valve will keep filling boiler up.....If you can't move the black lever then turn the screw on the left side pipe to horizontal at the moment it's vertical....that will stop boiler filling up.

Lol I misread and thought you was trying to re-pressurise it.. sorry!!!
Adam7861232 h, 14 m ago

1st thing that pipe should not be left connected....After you fill the …1st thing that pipe should not be left connected....After you fill the boiler up, pipe needs to be disconnected reason why is because of failure of valve will keep filling boiler up.....If you can't move the black lever then turn the screw on the left side pipe to horizontal at the moment it's vertical....that will stop boiler filling up.

Edited by: "hairray" 17th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants