Groups

boiler help ideal isar he32

So I woke up this morning to find no heating on. I checked my thermostat which said the temp was 18degrees I asked for 21. Nothing, I checked the boiler it's making noise but shows -. As it's status, I've reset but nothing changes. Anyone got any advice before I pay aplumber a fortune as it's abit of a struggle this year thanks in advance

15 Comments

do you get hot water when you turn on the tap?

Banned

Have you got pressure check theres a dial should be about 1.5 bar.terrible boilers these ive got one.

If you can see one of these..
    http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/data/attachments/23/23361-24a8128ca3b78671f641ed7061ffda24.jpg

Move the lever to the manual override position, to the bit you can hook the lever behind on the slot cutout, the lever will have resistance as you move it.

Edit.. then see if you get heating
    Edited by: "cowsindahouse" 12th Dec 2016

what make of boiler is it?????

cowsindahouse

If you can see one of these..Move the lever to the manual override … If you can see one of these..Move the lever to the manual override position, to the bit you can hook the lever behind on the slot cutout, the lever will have resistance as you move it.Edit.. then see if you get heating

I think this is a combi boiler so not sure it would have one of those diverters.

My dad has one of these. If you are getting hot water then it is probably the diverter. If not then it could be the pcb (do you have any error codes?) The last time my dad had a problem it took a long time to figure it out and it turned out to be the wiring loom.

Original Poster

flickflack

what make of boiler is it?????

The fact I put ideal isar 32 in the title didn't answer that question?

Original Poster

Cheers all I will try when I'm back from work. It's awful.

We had one also where the internal wiring to the fan shorted out on the case, taking out the PCB.
    Look for any damage to the internal wiring insulation, as the fan started the wiring loom would move and rub against the case then over time exposed the conductor to create a short. I actually argued this was a design fault and got it repaired free of charge out of warranty.

bruntz2016

Have you got pressure check theres a dial should be about 1.5 … Have you got pressure check theres a dial should be about 1.5 bar.terrible boilers these ive got one.

I agree. If you're getting hot water then check the pressure.

Jonwilkie

The fact I put ideal isar 32 in the title didn't answer that question?

The reason i asked is that i can only find HE24,HE30 and HE35 on the Ideal site so must be a variant ????
    Anyway idealboilers.com/wp-…pdf

Banned

Ideal are the worst boilers out there!
    I spent £500 in 2-3years. It was awful

Original Poster

No heat no hot water boiler makes noise it just shows - it sounds like it's running. But no spark no fire and no status. PLEASE ANYONE??

Did you check the pressure?

It's the fan. If the fan can't spin then the boiler won't kick in. They can last for years but 5 to 6 years is not unreasonable. The bearings seize which can be replaced but you won't find many plumbers who will replace the bearings which is a shame as they are about £6.00 and a new fan is like £120.00. A simple test to find out if it's the fan is take the front cover off. The fan is on the top of the boiler. You will see the fan housing on top of the boiler which is fastened to like a square rectangular box. You will see a small motor with 2 wires going to it. MAKE SURE MAINS POWER TO THE BOILER IS TURNED OFF. Hopefully if yours is the same as mine you will see a cooling blade, looks a small propeller which attaches to the shaft of the motor. Try turning this. If you can't the bearings have seized in the fan. If it spins freely then it's something else. If it is seized try moving the small propeller left and then right, left and right until it unseizes. You can use a drop of oil, not WD40 on the top of the motor shaft. The bearing sits just underneath. You can't lubricate the bottom bearing without taking the complete unit off. It's quite easy to do but not something you should be really doing yourself. If you feel competent to do it yourself then not a bad idea to get a new fan and then have it serviced by a gas safe plumber afterwards. This is what I do when my fan goes. Don't buy bearings off eBay unless you recognise the brand. Get the original ones off the fan and take them in to a local stockist and get them matched with a known brand

Edited by: "Smartguy1" 12th Dec 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions