Groups

boiler installation

The boiler scrap page coming to end this month
    Just wonder how much will it cost to install and to buy reasonable one for combi

Any one who done recently give idea how much will it be for installation , to buy boiler and how much savings you can do comparing against the old one
    At the moment paying about £40 per month average

Many Thanks in advance

17 Comments

Banned

have a mate who is a gas/boiler engineer, he advised me to get a Worcester Combi if I replace the idea I have at the moment he said about £650 ..

and I would surf the net and buy the boiler and him to fit
    Edited by: "dog_cop" 9th Jun 2011

I thought the boiler scrappage scheme ended ages ago?

Had my boiler replaced a few months back. Got a Baxi (95 I think) fitted for £1500 - it's supposedly much more efficient but I couldn't give you any price comparisons as yet.

Original Poster

Thanks Guys
    It looks like ended
    but remember saw some advertisement may be from energy companies running their own promotion
    Thanks for your reply

The cost can vary considerably depending on what other work needs done, just had a boiler fitted but because the house was built in 1990 and has a boiler fitted at that time the existing setup fell foul of newer gas regulations. This meant that the cost for a new boiler was much more than just the boiler fitting as it needed a new flue through the roof, a condensate pipe fitted and new wider diameter piping fitted.

Had to get a new boiler as the old one had completely failed but it's unlikely the new one will come anywhere close to lasting long enough to pay for itself.

John

Thinl british/scottish gas still offer the scrappage but they are expensive, when we got ours replaced few years back they were over a grand dearer than the other quotes, also by law you may have to have a condensing boiler installed unless it is too expensive or cannot fit

~ £2800 for a valiant pro 24 combi boiler + 1 year homecare 100 via british gas if it's just to swap the boiler + magnetic flush/ etc
    npower ~ £500 more but with longer home breakdown insurance
    ^^ recent quotes

Edited by: "biomehanik" 9th Jun 2011

Well, for my 5 bedroom house, with most powerful Worcester boiler and all new radiators and piping it was £3000. £1000 of that was for the boiler, but it's the most powerful domestic boiler they do so anything from probably about £500+ depending on the size of your house and number of bathrooms. Also as someone else said if the rads are old they may need a flush which can be a bit costly.

Oh and it depends on your area - in London I'd be expecting to pay half as much again for the same job.

Anything around £1500 for a boiler and fitting is reasonable, go for Worcester Bosch they are recognised as the best.
    Don't bother with a power flush unless the house is old, anything less than 20 years shouldn't require it.

Original Poster

Thanks guys again
    I done the flushing few year back when replacing the all radiators
    also my house is 2/3 bed room only
    so hopefully will be to get for around £2K but as Johnmcl7 said it might go higher as I am in same situation there is no flush going to the top of roof

ramkmr

Thanks guys againI done the flushing few year back when replacing the … Thanks guys againI done the flushing few year back when replacing the all radiatorsalso my house is 2/3 bed room onlyso hopefully will be to get for around £2K but as Johnmcl7 said it might go higher as I am in same situation there is no flush going to the top of roof

If you're anywhere apart form London I would be hoping to pay significantly less than that, £1500 maximum, particularly as it's a replacement, no re routing of pipes etc, just a days labour and the boiler. My plumber would do it for around £1200 (asked him for my mum's house) and he wasn't the cheapest when I got quotes.

Original Poster

Thanks Zannaz

zannaz82

Well, for my 5 bedroom house, with most powerful Worcester boiler and all … Well, for my 5 bedroom house, with most powerful Worcester boiler and all new radiators and piping it was £3000. £1000 of that was for the boiler, but it's the most powerful domestic boiler they do so anything from probably about £500+ depending on the size of your house and number of bathrooms. Also as someone else said if the rads are old they may need a flush which can be a bit costly.Oh and it depends on your area - in London I'd be expecting to pay half as much again for the same job.

How many bathroom/ shower rooms do you have, and do you have a combi boiler system or a boiler with a storage tank. We were told that a combi wouldn't be able to supply enough hot water for our 5 bedroom house.

solarforce

[quote=zannaz82] We were told that a combi wouldn't be able to supply … [quote=zannaz82] We were told that a combi wouldn't be able to supply enough hot water for our 5 bedroom house.

Depends on your water main

pinkleponkle

pinkleponkle

Really?

solarforce

How many bathroom/ shower rooms do you have, and do you have a combi … How many bathroom/ shower rooms do you have, and do you have a combi boiler system or a boiler with a storage tank. We were told that a combi wouldn't be able to supply enough hot water for our 5 bedroom house.

2- It's powerful enough to shower in both at the same time. Also, our supply from the main is split between 3 houses - only 1 external stop tap to share, so would've thought this makes our flow less powerful?

Edited by: "zannaz82" 12th Jun 2011

zanna probably has a Greenstar 42cdi, but if you are concerned about water issues you can go with the floorstanding Greenstar Highflow which gives significantly more hot water than the top of the range wall mounted boiler. They are seriously pricey mind.

Again all this depends on your water main, which is the most important part of the loop.

pinkleponkle

zanna probably has a Greenstar 42cdi, but if you are concerned about … zanna probably has a Greenstar 42cdi, but if you are concerned about water issues you can go with the floorstanding Greenstar Highflow which gives significantly more hot water than the top of the range wall mounted boiler. They are seriously pricey mind.Again all this depends on your water main, which is the most important part of the loop.

Sounds very familiar, and yes mine is wallmounted so that I can keep things below it in kitchen cupboards.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller55
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2463
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1014
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767371

See more discussions