Boiler last leg and replacement

Posted 21st Jun 2021
Recently purchased property and went to switch heating on today and boiler seems to be struggling to heat the place.

The boiler looks to be ancient and will likely need replacing.

The property has water tank in the loft and a hot water is heated by another tank in a separate bedroom.

I am waiting for proceeds of my previous property in order to start phase 2 of building works which will mean removing both tanks and replace by a combi boiler and move to a new location (rear extension once built in phase 2).

Was hoping the hot weather would mean i dont need to worry about boiler until Autumn by which i would expect all building work to be completed. The current dilemma im in i will need to replace boiler now and then install a new combi once building work is complete.

I've had house completed gutted and renovated since mid-April and now pretty tight on funds. This may not make sense but does anyone know if it is possible to switch to a combi boiler now with just installation of boiler without removing the two tanks and maintain function of them, then once set in new location then remove them?
Community Updates
Ask
Discussions
9 Comments
Post a comment