Found 3rd Feb 2011
hi just wondered if someone can tell me if this is right, i keep hearing my boiler fire up what seems like its doing it every few minutes then it will stop for a while then start doing it again. im sure it doesnt usually do this. if it does ive only just noticed. is it normal or could something be wrong. the heatings still on and hot water.

1. Misc
  2. Boiler
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Boiler
10 Comments

lol - that's what it's meant to do..

thats normal , just keeping the temperature of the rads

How long is it on for, and then how long is it off?
Do you have a thermostat?

Mine sometimes fires on and off twice in a minute. I'm told it's normal, especially for a condensing boiler.

Original Poster

ive just never noticed it before, when i was in the kitchen before it seemed to do it quite alot, the heatings on all day.

Original Poster

ive no idea about boilers so just thought id ask, strange how ive never heard it do it so often before.

You're obviously not in the kitchen enough. X)

normal or you may be low on water so the pressure gets too high and its turning off, may need to check pressure and add water

Original Poster

NBEB

normal or you may be low on water so the pressure gets too high and its … normal or you may be low on water so the pressure gets too high and its turning off, may need to check pressure and add water

i did add a bit of water as i think the pressure was slightly low. im so sure it never use to fire up so often, i will have to ask my partner when he gets home from work. its very very windy here so thought it might of been being blown out lol

moob

You're obviously not in the kitchen enough. X)

Careful there Andy
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien618
    2. Wireless headphones11
    3. Driving anxiety.2429
    4. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G916

See more discussions