Groups

"Boiler room" Scam

has anyone see the film?

I had a call from a similar group based in switzerland a few months back, I was out of work so I just played along with it for a while until 5-6 calls later when I got bored and told them I had no money to invest

I just had another call from a similar company, this time I told him straight away that I wasn't intersted as I've seen the film and knew all about the scam, he started to talk about how offended he is of the suggestion... etc and then told me that he will remove my phone number from their records HAHA

4 Comments

would be funnier to feign interest if you can be bothered with the phonecalls just to see how increasingly desperate the phonecalls get. "what a coincidence you called-Ive just inherited 400k and was wondering how to invest it" should get them calling you about 6 times a day.

Nope, but all phone sales people make me mad:x

Such an intrusion, and they call all wierd times, usually withholding the number! Grrrrr

Original Poster

barky;6702152

would be funnier to feign interest if you can be bothered with the … would be funnier to feign interest if you can be bothered with the phonecalls just to see how increasingly desperate the phonecalls get. "what a coincidence you called-Ive just inherited 400k and was wondering how to invest it" should get them calling you about 6 times a day.

I did that last time, the first 3-4 calls were from one of the "account managers", when he didn't close the deal I got a call from someone supposed to be more senior, apparently the other guy was a junior and they sent him back for more training :-D

they are a bunch of ******s, I can easily see why people would fall for it though

they won't fool JFK though

I used to work for one of these very companies - I left very quickly, as I couldn't stand by and watch them literally rape investors of their money. Maybe I should have looked into them a bit more before I accepted the role (A very Senior one at that) but in the end I went to the FSA.....

Nuff sed.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fraudulent site2445
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …67117
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846273
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764497

See more discussions