Expired

Boiler/radiator cover

Found 15th Nov 2017
I'm currently in the market to buy boiler/ radiator cover, but having never needed to get it before, haven't got a clue what is and isn't a good deal.

Having my energy with Scottish Power, I've become aware of their Boiler Care Plus cover which is currently £18.90/month (1st 4 months half price) with £30.30 cashback via TCB making it effectively £158.78 for 12 months - £13.23/month

Their blurb is as follows:

- Annual boiler service and safety check
- Unlimited calloutsAccess to our 24/7 emergency call centre - 365 days a year
- We meet the cost of labour and parts for any necessary repairs to your boiler and controls and we'll look after your radiators too
- Qualified Gas Safe registered engineers
- Helpful energy advice to ensure your system operates efficiently
- First 4 months half-price - Offer is available to new customers in their first year only.
- Monthly direct debit of £9.45 will be collected in months 1 to 4. Monthly direct debit of £18.90 will be collected in months 5 to 12. Boiler Care Plus terms and conditions and exclusions apply.

Please could I get some opinions on this? is it a good offer?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
if your boiler is new or still under warranty then parts are covered. a yearly service is about £50 to £60 to maintain your warranty. go onto the gas safe register to find a local engineer. the engineer should do all the safety checks as part of their service. i don't understand how they'll look after your rads apart from bleeding them which you can do yourself.
Edited by: "discozohan" 16th Nov 2017
discozohan7 h, 13 m ago

if your boiler is new or still under warranty then parts are covered. a …if your boiler is new or still under warranty then parts are covered. a yearly service is about £50 to £60 to maintain your warranty. go onto the gas safe register to find a local engineer. the engineer should do all the safety checks as part of their service. i don't understand how they'll look after your rads apart from bleeding them which you can do yourself.

Thanks for that.
I've just moved into the house and don't have any paperwork for the boiler. It's a Worcester one though and doesn't look too old but still want to get it covered.
One of the radiators has a very tiny leak, so I'd actually appreciate the radiator cover at the moment.
Homeserve also do boiler cover £8 per month for the first year.
paulday56446 m ago

Thanks for that. I've just moved into the house and don't have any …Thanks for that. I've just moved into the house and don't have any paperwork for the boiler. It's a Worcester one though and doesn't look too old but still want to get it covered.One of the radiators has a very tiny leak, so I'd actually appreciate the radiator cover at the moment.

So you plan on taking out an insurance policy, then making a claim for an existing issue?

32447054-DCNiA.jpg
You'll save money by repairing the rad and taking discozohan's advice.
Most of them will do an initial inspection before agreeing cover so you may want to just see if you know anyone that can just tighten the nut a little first if it's just leaking from a joint. They may not notice it or if they do they may just tweak it there and then it depends.

Just be sure what is and isn't covered as some deals just cover the boiler and not the pipes, electrics to the boiler or the radiators/valves etc. Some also have set fees for callouts but lower premiums so it's up to you which you prefer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants