Boiling!!!!

Found 10th Sep 2010
Why do people stand and watch a kettle boil until it switches itself off????

It’s a safety feature!!!!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
33 Comments

Boring I know but I've often thought that if there was a sensitivity switch you could adjust how much power could be saved as I often see kettles that boil away for say 10-15 seconds after the water starts boiling.

Banned

You´re the only one.

Surely you checked?

Do people stand and watch kettles boil???

And it's not a safety feature it's the design of kettles, it's what they do, boil water to a specific temperature

Banned

toshapetriji

You´re the only one.

+1

never seen anyone standing by a kettle waiting

I'm the tightwad who stands there and turns it off as soon as the water starts to boil, saves around 15Kw per year.
Edited by: "MikeT" 10th Sep 2010

errrr maybe their waiting for it to finish so they can errrrrrrr make a cuppa????

I do that, but only because I don't let the water boil until the automatic shut off. I don't like mouth scorching drinks and don't see the point of letting them cool down .

I only drink hot chocolate and the waters not supposed to boil,although i don't stand there i can hear when it starts to boil and run over to it !!

Banned

deb8z

I only drink hot chocolate and the waters not supposed to boil,although i … I only drink hot chocolate and the waters not supposed to boil,although i don't stand there i can hear when it starts to boil and run over to it !!

cool story bro

MikeT

I'm the tightwad who stands there and turns it off as soon as the water … I'm the tightwad who stands there and turns it off as soon as the water starts to boil, saves around 15Kw per year.

haha u know how much u save...how did u work that out?

2Kw kettle, so say 10 secs saving by switching manually, 10 times a day = 100secs/day x 365 days = 10Hrs x 2Kw = 20Kw
But remove some for the days you dont have hot drinks or are away = 15Kw (_;)

Banned

MikeT

2Kw kettle, so say 10 secs saving by switching manually, 10 times a day = … 2Kw kettle, so say 10 secs saving by switching manually, 10 times a day = 100secs/day x 365 days = 10Hrs x 2Kw = 20Kw But remove some for the days you dont have hot drinks or are away = 15Kw (_;)

I do the same and use the cardboard in the middle of my toilet roll also

DLM

I do the same and use the cardboard in the middle of my toilet roll also … I do the same and use the cardboard in the middle of my toilet roll also

oO to wipe your a*se with !? ............ooh painful !

Banned

shopstilldrops

Yep!

No, I give them to my friend's hamster

Banned

shopstilldrops

Have you seen the size of it?

Banned

MikeT

2Kw kettle, so say 10 secs saving by switching manually, 10 times a day = … 2Kw kettle, so say 10 secs saving by switching manually, 10 times a day = 100secs/day x 365 days = 10Hrs x 2Kw = 20Kw But remove some for the days you dont have hot drinks or are away = 15Kw (_;)

so you stand by a kettle for a minute every day for a year to save £1.50 oO

Hmmm

DLM

Yep!No, I give them to my friend's hamster

Haha, yeh our Rabbit likes to nibble on these too !

vibeone

Have you seen the size of it?

lol, so the love/hate thing with you and dlm continues !

Banned

shopstilldrops

lol, so the love/hate thing with you and dlm continues !

He can't get a real gf so he has found himself a cyber one X)

Banned

DLM

He can't get a real gf so he has found himself a cyber one X)

Hahahahahah irony level off the chart.

Not only has DLM invented a "fella" - shes invented a cyber one too!

Sorry love, I'm not into cyber girlfriends, overweight girlfriends or mentally ill girlfriends.

I have a 3 strikes and you're out policy see.

Banned

vibeone

Hahahahahah irony level off the chart.Not only has DLM invented a "fella" … Hahahahahah irony level off the chart.Not only has DLM invented a "fella" - shes invented a cyber one too!Sorry love, I'm not into cyber girlfriends, overweight girlfriends or mentally ill girlfriends.I have a 3 strikes and you're out policy see.

Gutted :cry:

Banned

DLM

Aww don't cry DLM, just invent another!

Banned

vibeone

Aww don't cry DLM, just invent another!

What shall I call him?

DLM

oh well you,ve always got your ckickens ! ......there real arnt they ?:3

Banned

shopstilldrops

oh well you,ve always got your ckickens ! ......there real arnt they ?:3

That wasn't my garden.

Mine is lush

Banned

DLM

That wasn't my garden.Mine is lush

It wasn't your garden?

Oh... does that mean your house isn't a complete **** hole then?

I do apologise for mocking you DLM, I should have known your house wouldn't have been that disgusted, infested and dirty. Once again, I can only apologise for mistaking the photo for your own house.
Edited by: "vibeone" 10th Sep 2010

MikeT

I'm the tightwad who stands there and turns it off as soon as the water … I'm the tightwad who stands there and turns it off as soon as the water starts to boil, saves around 15Kw per year.

I do the same and I only put the water I need

Banned

vibeone

It wasn't your garden?Oh... does that mean your house isn't a complete … It wasn't your garden?Oh... does that mean your house isn't a complete **** hole then?I do apologise for mocking you DLM, I should have known your house wouldn't have been that disgusted, infested and dirty. Once again, I can only apologise for mistaking the photo for your own house.

Unfortunately it was my house.

I can't afford a cleaner :cry:

Banned

Never mind DLM, life's dealt you a crap hand. At least you are making the best of it. Oh wait wut?

Banned

vibeone

Never mind DLM, life's dealt you a crap hand. At least you are making … Never mind DLM, life's dealt you a crap hand. At least you are making the best of it. Oh wait wut?

I know it is soooooooooo tragic :cry: :cry: :cry:

Original Poster

souljacker

Do people stand and watch kettles boil???And it's not a safety feature … Do people stand and watch kettles boil???And it's not a safety feature it's the design of kettles, it's what they do, boil water to a specific temperature

'.......boil water to a specific temperature' !!!! Water boils at 100C at sea level! Leaving a kettle to boil continuously only results in steam. The automatic switch off is not a 'Design of the Kettle' ... its there for when steam has built up in the kettle sufficient to activate the bi-metal strip.

Banned

MikeL

'.......boil water to a specific temperature' !!!! Water boils at 100C … '.......boil water to a specific temperature' !!!! Water boils at 100C at sea level! Leaving a kettle to boil continuously only results in steam. The automatic switch off is not a 'Design of the Kettle' ... its there for when steam has built up in the kettle sufficient to activate the bi-metal strip.

LMAO - of course its a design of a kettle to switch off when it hits boiling! oO
Post a comment
@
    Text