Groups

Bonfires what are the rules please?

A friend has told me there are certain exclusions and times that you musnt have a bonfire,can someone confirm what these are please?

I always thought you could have a bonfire whenever you wanted

12 Comments

check and see if your area is covered by the Clean Air Act - ours is and u cant have bonfires without following very strict rules

Have u not googled for info?

Banned

musn't be within 200m of a road

direct.gov.uk/en/…684

edit: my bad, if the smoke goes across a road you're screwed

Think it depends on your local council, before a certain time i think most dissallow it, possibly due to people having their washing out.

You in smokeless zone (or whatever their called now?).

You just need a nosy neighbour to call the council and you've a big fine coming your way. . .

Original Poster

im asking jeeves at the moment but not come up with anything as yet

ive had a few fires to burn straw to keep rats to a a minimum and it seems someone has complained so just wanted to check out the rules

most built up areas after 6pm but common courtesy would suggest dusk onwards and must not allow smoke to blow across highway for obvious reasons

Not sure, but last time I had one the neighbours called the fire brigade and they came round with the flashing lights and the hoses and put it out.

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;8740317

Not sure, but last time I had one the neighbours called the fire brigade … Not sure, but last time I had one the neighbours called the fire brigade and they came round with the flashing lights and the hoses and put it out.

whoops! lol

Mardyass;8740325

whoops! lol

I was very embarrassed.

Original Poster

bossyboots;8740322

http://www.environmental-protection.org.uk/assets/library/documents/Bonfires_leaflet_Oct07.pdfall rules and regs here

thats really handy thankyou

Statutory Nuisance applies if someone complains regardless of time and whether or not you're in a designated area.

You will be asked to put the fire out - if you don't you will get an Abatement Notice requiring you to do so and may be fined.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GCSE Results day56
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4882391
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!45
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846349

See more discussions