Bonjela - has it been banned for use in children

Banned 39
Found 5th Mar 2012
Just come across a link that says it contains aspirin, and aspirin should not be given to under 16 yr olds, thats what i thought bonjela was for - teething in infants

39 Comments

Original Poster Banned

oh right, cheers for that as my children are both passed the teething age i was not aware, also i did not know children under 16 could not take aspiring, case of good job little man has never needed pain relief oO

wasn't even aware they did a childs and and an adult one, unless this came from the link between the aspirin and reye's syndrome
Edited by: "sassie" 5th Mar 2012

I don't understand why people insist on taking dangerous chemicals to relieve pain. How about accepting a tiny amount of pain? It will disappear within a couple of days.

The great thing about pain is that we never remember what it feels like once it leaves.

SpeedJunkie

I don't understand why people insist on taking dangerous chemicals to … I don't understand why people insist on taking dangerous chemicals to relieve pain. How about accepting a tiny amount of pain? It will disappear within a couple of days. The great thing about pain is that we never remember what it feels like once it leaves.

HAVE YOU GOT KIDS? u PRAT can some mod ban me from this site, like now>
Edited by: "timtom13" 6th Mar 2012

SpeedJunkie

I don't understand why people insist on taking dangerous chemicals to … I don't understand why people insist on taking dangerous chemicals to relieve pain. How about accepting a tiny amount of pain? It will disappear within a couple of days. The great thing about pain is that we never remember what it feels like once it leaves.

Any tips on how to rationalize this to a screaming infant?

Banned

danmc

Any tips on how to rationalize this to a screaming infant?

Tell them years ago infants were not such crybabies and didn't have all the pain relief they have nowadays, poisoning their bodies

SpeedJunkie

Ever had CHRONIC PAIN - pain 24/7 365 days a year? - Phantom Limb Pain, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Post-Stroke Pain, CRPS, Shingle etc The list is huge and affects 1:7 of the population.
See painrelieffoundation.co.uk if you or anyone you know need help etc.

But it tastes so good

SpeedJunkie

You are obviously childless & very fortunate that you have never had chronic pain. Either that or just plain sadistic.

Bonjela teething gel can still be used it's just Bonjela and Bonjela cool that is banned
Can I still use bonjela teething gel on my teething baby?
Yes. Bonjela teething gel has been specially formulated so it is suitable to use on babies over 2 months. I does not contain choline salicylate, instead it contains lidocaine.

Sorry just seen Numptys post
Edited by: "jeany123" 6th Mar 2012

hubby always said no to bonjela for the kids. he got some stuff from the surgery which we put on their gums to numb them....to be honest they still cried...there is no real cure to teething!

SpeedJunkie

So if you had a baby and it was screaming in agony because its teeth were pushing through you would be happy to leave it in pain?
Never have children, you are the next Baby P killer.

loulou11

You are obviously childless & very fortunate that you have never had … You are obviously childless & very fortunate that you have never had chronic pain. Either that or just plain sadistic.

Or numb in more ways than one

chocolate and cuddles pretty much works

I found whiskey and vallium worked well last time

(for me, not my daughter)

You can buy a Bonjella kids, which is especially for teething, a bit of that and driving round the Manchester ring road at 3am seems to work.

jonny619447

So if you had a baby and it was screaming in agony because its teeth were … So if you had a baby and it was screaming in agony because its teeth were pushing through you would be happy to leave it in pain? Never have children, you are the next Baby P killer.

oO That's quite a leap

We used that powder stuff when our daughter was teething

SpeedJunkie

and i bet you dont drink, smoke or eat fatty foods which are just as bad.

or an amber necklace, sounds completely barmy but have met alot of parents who swear by it

Alfonse

chocolate and cuddles pretty much works

What about the kids?

splatsplatsplat

What about the kids?

I almost lol'ed, good single dad joke though

Ashton & parson powder was effective for my children when they were teething or had an upset stomach.

I noticed that a lot of the mums at playgroup were always giving their little ones calpol at any kind of whinging or crying and wondered if kids form a resilience to it, hence the mums giving them more and more.

I bought one bottle for each of my.children but rarely used it. I found the ashtons & pardons powder worked wonders as did cuddles, hot water bottles and having them sleep in my bed if they were poorly.

The only medicine I had as a kid was some vile cough medicine and anything the Dr prescribed if you happened to be very ill, which was rare.

Nowadays there is a huge amount of over the counter products for children and adults and do believe a lot of it is unnecessary.

Banned

Successful trolling ITT.

Original Poster Banned

wow, anyway thanks for the posts guys, luckily my two never suffered badly with teething so bonjela was never used, also thankfully neither have been poorly children apart from very bad ear infections with the little guy but touch wood they they have passed now, whilst i was reading about something else i came across the aspirin thing and did not know about it, although aspirin is something i would/never have used anyway just wondered about it, so again thanks for the posts

ZedEx

and i bet you dont drink, smoke or eat fatty foods which are just as bad.

You obviously don't know who I am. No, I don't smoke or drink and I only eat fatty foods in moderation (i.e. once a year).

SpeedJunkie

You obviously don't know who I am. No, I don't smoke or drink and I only … You obviously don't know who I am. No, I don't smoke or drink and I only eat fatty foods in moderation (i.e. once a year).

most speed addicts don't eat

SpeedJunkie

You obviously don't know who I am. No, I don't smoke or drink and I only … You obviously don't know who I am. No, I don't smoke or drink and I only eat fatty foods in moderation (i.e. once a year).

lmao

and speed addicts double talk (post in this case)

sancho1983

oO That's quite a leapWe used that powder stuff when our daughter was … oO That's quite a leapWe used that powder stuff when our daughter was teething

even that guy started somewhere. this person would quite happily leave a baby in pain rather then give pain relief. strange.

jonny619447

even that guy started somewhere. this person would quite happily leave a … even that guy started somewhere. this person would quite happily leave a baby in pain rather then give pain relief. strange.

Change that to 'give dangerous chemicals' and it looks slightly less damning. I went through teething and didn't need any aids, so don't exaggerate the severity of the pain. I'm pretty sure that there are natural remedies that wouldn't compromise the long-term health of your child.

Edited by: "SpeedJunkie" 6th Mar 2012

Banned

I also hear he tortured pets and wet his bed a lot growing up...

master_chief

Speedjunkie is an obvious peado too...

??

Did you mean 'paedophile'?

If so, what the hell?

SpeedJunkie

??Did you mean 'paedophile'? If so, what the hell?

Nah just laughs when paedo's reoffend.

Original Poster Banned

asked for this to now be locked up, jeeze this place beggars belief at times

Banned

SpeedJunkie

??Did you mean 'paedophile'? If so, what the hell?

Paediatrician obviously...

sassie

asked for this to now be locked up, jeeze this place beggars belief at … asked for this to now be locked up, jeeze this place beggars belief at times

agreed

SpeedJunkie

You are Chris Akabusi, you like crap shoes and I claim my five pounds...

Dehumanization

Nah just laughs when paedo's reoffend.

Clutching at straws.

It's okay if you don't understand facetious comments. Heck, you probably don't even know what the word means.

SpeedJunkie

Clutching at straws. It's okay if you don't understand facetious … Clutching at straws. It's okay if you don't understand facetious comments. Heck, you probably don't even know what the word means.

I do..... it's a posh word for sarcy!

my mum used to say it to me, thinking she was posh but she aint.

MinstrelMan

I do..... it's a posh word for sarcy!my mum used to say it to me, … I do..... it's a posh word for sarcy!my mum used to say it to me, thinking she was posh but she aint.

If by 'posh' you mean formal, then yes.

This isn't a social gathering - thank God.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants