Bonmarche latest High Street store to enter administration

Posted 18th Oct
news.sky.com/sto…901

There will be no redundancies at this stage, with its 318 stores and concessions staying open, while it looks for a buyer.

Time to get any vouchers or credit notes spent, and don't buy any more
Community Updates
11 Comments
Never heard of them. No loss to me then
Not surprising. The store near me is always not very busy, surprised it has lasted.
Edited by: "jamie15" 18th Oct
With any luck high Street hero Mike Ashley will scoop it up.
I thought that they had already gone bust a few years ago, I'm sure that all of their stores in the places I used to see them (Newcastle, Cramlington, and Sunderland I think) closed several years back.
Same company as Peacocks before they went under. The business model was flawed, as was peacocks. Only surprise is that they lasted so long
666FU18/10/2019 19:09

Never heard of them. No loss to me then

That skirt did suit you last Thursday though
Ringfinger18/10/2019 19:58

Same company as Peacocks before they went under. The business model was …Same company as Peacocks before they went under. The business model was flawed, as was peacocks. Only surprise is that they lasted so long

Peacocks is still open though, Bonmarche might have a chance but I think it is less likely.
jat247418/10/2019 19:57

With any luck high Street hero Mike Ashley will scoop it up.

jamie1518/10/2019 21:18

Peacocks is still open though, Bonmarche might have a chance but I think …Peacocks is still open though, Bonmarche might have a chance but I think it is less likely.

Peacocks and BonMarche were owned by the same company. They went into receivership and were sold off separately, with many Peacocks stores sold to Edinburgh wool but some stores closing for good. BonMarche were bought by someone else.

My wife worked there at the time. They were instructed to sell gift vouchers at full price, though KPMG (administrators) knew people would get nothing for them and be unable to use them.
Ringfinger18/10/2019 22:16

Peacocks and BonMarche were owned by the same company. They went into …Peacocks and BonMarche were owned by the same company. They went into receivership and were sold off separately, with many Peacocks stores sold to Edinburgh wool but some stores closing for good. BonMarche were bought by someone else.My wife worked there at the time. They were instructed to sell gift vouchers at full price, though KPMG (administrators) knew people would get nothing for them and be unable to use them.

Yeah I am aware Edinburgh Woolen Mill took over Peacocks. Was quite surprised it was saved at the time.

Selling gift vouchers in that way is disgraceful but would customers have even bought any given the financial situation?
Ringfinger18/10/2019 22:16

Peacocks and BonMarche were owned by the same company. They went into …Peacocks and BonMarche were owned by the same company. They went into receivership and were sold off separately, with many Peacocks stores sold to Edinburgh wool but some stores closing for good. BonMarche were bought by someone else.My wife worked there at the time. They were instructed to sell gift vouchers at full price, though KPMG (administrators) knew people would get nothing for them and be unable to use them.

Multi-national corp (KPMG) being unethical Who would have thought that?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants