Groups

Book Ideas

I am not a big reader, actually I hardly read unless it is for my course.
    But my fiancee bought me Fry, Stephen (2000), Moab Is My Washpot: an autobiography and have bought
    Fry, Stephen (1994), The Hippopotamus
    Carwardine, Mark; Fry, Stephen (2009), Last Chance to See
    But looking for other books, really enjoyed the autobiography (so far) and was wondering what others have found interesting (especially if you have read this as well)

12 Comments

Original Poster

DLM;8367768

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/results.aspx?catalog=HighStDonated&category=Books_Non_Fiction_Biography

Cheers I'd only read autobiography I think as I'd want it from their memory and point of view. And out of those ones I think the only one I'd consider is Ramsey, but not sure if that would really be that good.
    I've been going through Amazon books as well, but not a lot has caught my eye.
    Maybe I should just get the fiancee to go out and buy me a couple, that is how I started reading this book!

Banned

awoodhall2003;8367796

Cheers I'd only read autobiography I think as I'd want it from their … Cheers I'd only read autobiography I think as I'd want it from their memory and point of view. And out of those ones I think the only one I'd consider is Ramsey, but not sure if that would really be that good.I've been going through Amazon books as well, but not a lot has caught my eye.Maybe I should just get the fiancee to go out and buy me a couple, that is how I started reading this book!

I am rubbish at reading also :oops:

Get down your local library and save a small fortune.

Original Poster

DLM;8367802

I am rubbish at reading also :oops:Get down your local library and save a … I am rubbish at reading also :oops:Get down your local library and save a small fortune.

That requires renewing and crazy stuff like that! I don't even take books out for my course from the Uni library as I prefer working at home and having my own books (cost me a fortune over the last few years though). Also our local one here in London is being refurbed atm. But yeah might be a good idea at least that way if I don't like a book I can return it and try another. Would also save me a fortune with the fiancee...she gets through books weekly sometimes!

Banned

awoodhall2003;8367834

That requires renewing and crazy stuff like that! I don't even take books … That requires renewing and crazy stuff like that! I don't even take books out for my course from the Uni library as I prefer working at home and having my own books (cost me a fortune over the last few years though). Also our local one here in London is being refurbed atm. But yeah might be a good idea at least that way if I don't like a book I can return it and try another. Would also save me a fortune with the fiancee...she gets through books weekly sometimes!

We can renew on-line at my library.

Original Poster

DLM;8367847

We can renew on-line at my library.

That would be ace, suppose ours must as well, especially being in London. Will check it out now!

Frankie Boyle - My **** Life So Far

Original Poster

donnydude;8367857

Frankie Boyle - My **** Life So Far

A good read then? I do think he is quite interesting, although know nothing about him as a person...could work out just as good though that way.

The Andre Agassi Autobiography was great - read it at christmas

Its next on my list to read. I think he's funny as and I've heard it is a right funny book

awoodhall2003;8367873

A good read then? I do think he is quite interesting, although know … A good read then? I do think he is quite interesting, although know nothing about him as a person...could work out just as good though that way.

TBH I read it as well and its ok not really an autobiography as such there is the odd story and then about two pages of guff - funny guff a lot of the time but guff non the less. Not your typical autobiography is what im basically saying

Original Poster

cbryanp;8367877

The Andre Agassi Autobiography was great - read it at christmas

Afraid never been a Tennis fan thus not interested directly, but cheers.
    donnydude;8367883

Its next on my list to read. I think he's funny as and I've heard it is a … Its next on my list to read. I think he's funny as and I've heard it is a right funny book

Yeah I think he is funny, a bit sick sometimes, but funny still.
    cbryanp;8367889

TBH I read it as well and its ok not really an autobiography as such … TBH I read it as well and its ok not really an autobiography as such there is the odd story and then about two pages of guff - funny guff a lot of the time but guff non the less. Not your typical autobiography is what im basically saying

Might have a look at it beforehand. Cheers again.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4121825
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764644
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927287
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846338

See more discussions