Expired

Book your train ticket via virgin trains: Get £4 Cash back via quidco

Found 1st Nov 2009
I was booking multiple advance tickets to travel next week and noticed £4 cash back via quidco if you use virgin train portal to book your train tickets (any train service). Saved £20 (booked 5 tickets). Hope this is useful to someone.

43 Comments

Thanks for the heads up. Have some heat!!

You can get £4 from topcashback too (plus and extra 1% up to christmas!)

Always booking train tickets. Have checked through Quidco before but couldn't find anything. Is this new?

Excellent tip, thanks. Can you still use student railcard, etc?

beatrixkiddo79;6748066

Thanks :thumbsup:Always booking train tickets. Have checked through … Thanks :thumbsup:Always booking train tickets. Have checked through Quidco before but couldn't find anything. Is this new?

Yes, this is new, Virgin Trains only launched the program a few days ago. It is only for a limited time too (doing it on a trial basis I think).

Besford;6748112

Yep, all railcards etc are still valid.

Wow - this is hot for me - hubby pays £8.50 per day for train to work, so getting £4 quidco per booking almost halves the cost. Many thanks.

Would this work on a £5 fare?

it's £4 per transaction, not per ticket.

It was £5 Quidco per booking until a few weeks ago when they took it off Quidco. Still, not bad at £4 now though.

This is pretty good. Can you use the machines at the station to pick up your tickets? if so, i can buy my tickets to work for £10, and then get £4 back per transaction!

HOT

This isn't a deal. Mods change to Misc section please.

If you cannot get to one of the fastticket stations, how do you get your ticket? Can you just print it off yourself?

Mootgirl;6748187

Wow - this is hot for me - hubby pays £8.50 per day for train to work, so … Wow - this is hot for me - hubby pays £8.50 per day for train to work, so getting £4 quidco per booking almost halves the cost. Many thanks.

I suggest he buys a season ticket then as daily fares are almost certainly the most expensive way of paying for his fares.

dgreaves;6748345

it's £4 per transaction, not per ticket.

So just book numerous time ?

Should this be a deal? Wouldn't have thought so or we'd have every Quidco offer on here :-s

(nice tip though, so rep :gift: given)

It IS a deal, because the amount of cashback is so high.

Check if they charge for processing the purchase - Trainline does (though less than £4).

I did this - but ordered my tickets in two card payments. Its normally cheaper to get two singles rather than a return, spend £12 in total on the tickets and got £8 cashback. This is for two people, so if the cashback is paid i will get the tickets for £2 each return! Bargain!

voted cold from me, osrry - I tried to pursue a quidco earnings enquiry but was fobbed off with

Response from Merchant. Declined - Merchant is no longer working with the … Response from Merchant. Declined - Merchant is no longer working with the affiliate network

despite thie prominent position on quidco! :whistling::x

bounty;6748874

voted cold from me, osrry - I tried to pursue a quidco earnings enquiry … voted cold from me, osrry - I tried to pursue a quidco earnings enquiry but was fobbed off with despite thie prominent position on quidco! :whistling::x

Voted HOT to counter-act that. Never had a single quidco problem :w00t:

Hi Guys,

Looks like a wicked deal!

Looked through the comments, but no reponse to this.

Stafford to Lichfield would be £6.30 anytime returned with quidco £2.30 return

Can you use this with the fast ticket machines (I dont seem there to be a problem with this but just wanted to see)

Thanks all Gonna give heat 'cos it is a good deal!

Great find.

Don't forget (already posted) First Great Western are still doing their 10% discount off advance fares so could be better value on more expensive tickets. If you have an account there is no booking fee either. (]fgw.co.uk)

Original Poster

yes. all cards accepted

Original Poster

Besford;6748112

yes all rail cards accepted

Original Poster

Johnboy_1975;6748223

Would this work on a £5 fare?

worked on a £10 transaction. Should work :).
Worth trying in the absence of any decent cash back. Trainline charges £1 booking fee, this offsets their cashback.

Original Poster

shipton1;6749068

Hi Guys, Looks like a wicked deal! Looked through the comments, but no … Hi Guys, Looks like a wicked deal! Looked through the comments, but no reponse to this. Stafford to Lichfield would be £6.30 anytime returned with quidco £2.30 returnCan you use this with the fast ticket machines (I dont seem there to be a problem with this but just wanted to see)Thanks all Gonna give heat 'cos it is a good deal!

have to book online to get Quidco and collect tickets at any fast ticket machine

Original Poster

Besford;6748830

Check if they charge for processing the purchase - Trainline does (though … Check if they charge for processing the purchase - Trainline does (though less than £4).

No processing fee with virgin

Thanks for posting

Please follow this link to add images-

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/33994...images-for-thr

Original Poster

TUSSFC;6748454

Should this be a deal? Wouldn't have thought so or we'd have every Quidco … Should this be a deal? Wouldn't have thought so or we'd have every Quidco offer on here :-s(nice tip though, so rep :gift: given)

In real sense this is not a 'DEAL' as you define, but this is an extraordinary Quidco offer for a train ticket.

mahenraina;6749433

In real sense this is not a 'DEAL' as you define, but this is an … In real sense this is not a 'DEAL' as you define, but this is an extraordinary Quidco offer for a train ticket.

Don't use Quidco - Topcashback are offering 1% more on cashback until Xmas and are far becoming a better cashback site than Qudico.

Excellent deal.

Is there a booking free or credit card transaction fee when you use virgin?

Original Poster

J400uk;6749550

Is there a booking free or credit card transaction fee when you use … Is there a booking free or credit card transaction fee when you use virgin?

Na.....

Heat & Rep added :thumbsup:

at what stage do u get the £4 discount or does it go into your Quidco account?

Original Poster

gavanmooney;6751113

at what stage do u get the £4 discount or does it go into your Quidco … at what stage do u get the £4 discount or does it go into your Quidco account?

The goes to your Quidco account. It is cashback, not discount.

Original Poster

GreenDoor;6748438

If you cannot get to one of the fastticket stations, how do you get your … If you cannot get to one of the fastticket stations, how do you get your ticket? Can you just print it off yourself?

Unfortunately national rail don't do 'print your ticket' yet

Pity this has been dumped to misc: 1p off a £100 item is a deal, but £4 cashback on a sub £10 minimum spend isn't - common sense 0 HUKD rules 1!

Come on mods, even UEFA admit when the rules are wrong & changes them!

Rep added OP.

What happens if the original fare is under £4?

Does the puchased ticket have to be for Virgin Trains service or does it apply to any journey?

Original Poster

KingBruss;6761983

Does the puchased ticket have to be for Virgin Trains service or does it … Does the puchased ticket have to be for Virgin Trains service or does it apply to any journey?

any value and any network.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laptop for <£200 - Chinese laptop or black friday deal?46
    2. boiler / radiator - quote - is this a good deal?811
    3. Any else struggling for gift ideas for a teenage boy ?1014
    4. The cost of moving schools36

See more discussions