Groups

booked flights via travel trolley

basically booked flights with travel trolley on turkish airlines. I have received the e tickets and can login to turkish airlines website I can't seem to choose seats ?
    They didn't ask for passport detials apart from name and dob. is this normal these days?
    I paid with a debit card will I need take this plus a bank statement as I don't have paper statements can I just login to online banking and show them if this is necessary?
    and finally how does online check in work if I check in online doe that mean I can't take the large luagge just hand baggage.

14 Comments

Original Poster

and thanks for your time and information

Original Poster

also what does unticketed passenger mean as it say that on turkish airlines when I login.

never used that website, but flew Turkish many times and it's usually a day or two before you can see the booking on their website. I always thought you could only book seats before checkin if you booked direct, but I could be wrong there...
    online check in lets you specify how many bags you will be checking (only the first is 'free' ). you drop them at the bag drop where you basically check in again (but with the seat you chose online)

Travel Trolley is Southall Travel, which I've used many times with no issues in terms of being genuine if that's what you're worried about. They have however sometimes left out minor details which would have helped like hotel surcharges or check in/out times. With regards to seat allocation some airlines only let you choose a day or two before check in so with check Turkish Airlines website. The airline is quite good and I found the food nice and seats comfortable. Hope you have a great time.

Just to add I booed with them yesterday and they called me about 3 hours later for passport details. I was then issued with the exception tickets and used the PNR number to check my booking on the airlines website

Original Poster

​which airline was this for I'm thinking some airlines don't ask for passport number I know pia always does so maybe they didn't rig as turkish airlines it's not necessary.

booked with travel trolley on many occasions, never had an issue. it not essential to add your passport details to a booking , this normally can be done if you login to your booking via the airlines website ( same when u checkin / book seats online 24hr before departure) . alternatively if you haven't then , they add your details when you check in at the airport . nothing to worry about. however contact Turkish airlines if your not happy & want to double check .

Original Poster

t4r

Just to add I booed with them yesterday and they called me about 3 hours … Just to add I booed with them yesterday and they called me about 3 hours later for passport details. I was then issued with the exception tickets and used the PNR number to check my booking on the airlines website

​​​​which airline was this for I'm thinking some airlines don't ask for passport number I know pia always does so maybe they didn't ring as turkish airlines it may not be necessary.

Original Poster

chrisom

booked with travel trolley on many occasions, never had an issue. it not … booked with travel trolley on many occasions, never had an issue. it not essential to add your passport details to a booking , this normally can be done if you login to your booking via the airlines website ( same when u checkin / book seats online 24hr before departure) . alternatively if you haven't then , they add your details when you check in at the airport . nothing to worry about. however contact Turkish airlines if your not happy & want to double check .

​ok thanks it's just me probably been over worried as once a friend wasn't allowed on a flight after booking online and couldn't find his credit card he used for booking.

MynameisM

​​​​which airline was this for I'm thinking some airlines don't ask for pa … ​​​​which airline was this for I'm thinking some airlines don't ask for passport number I know pia always does so maybe they didn't ring as turkish airlines it may not be necessary.

Yes with PIA yesterday. Also with Emirates last April who also requested Passport details.

I travelled on TA through Travel Up. didn't ask for passport details but I think you should check with airline to give you peace of mind. Also always a good idea to carry the credit/debit card you used to book with in case of alterations etc.

Original Poster

t4r

I travelled on TA through Travel Up. didn't ask for passport details but … I travelled on TA through Travel Up. didn't ask for passport details but I think you should check with airline to give you peace of mind. Also always a good idea to carry the credit/debit card you used to book with in case of alterations etc.

​what about bank statement I's that necessary these days or not.

MynameisM

​what about bank statement I's that necessary these days or not.

Haven't heard about bank statements! Where was that? I think your card will be sufficient

Always excellent service from Travel Trolley.
    Sometimes online check in does not work especially if two codeshare airlines are providing your journey. I recently used BA and Cathay Pacific to go to Bali and could not check my details on CX website. Gave the airline a call and all sorted.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians78
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions