Booked to go on hols to Bulgaria next week ,quite near sunny beach...any tips/advice welcome

Found 6th Jul
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
@thebiggishman which part are you staying in? don't know much about Bulgaria I've never been but hopefully members will be able to help with tips / ideas. I did check the weather for next week there it's meant to be similar to what it has been here this week so you'll need some good sun cream.
Went a couple of years ago. It's ok but don't expect five star luxury. The sand is very very hot indeed so wear shoes on the beach
Best thing about sunny beach is……………. the road out...………………...but then I might be saying that because I'm old and its full of drunken stupid young-uns .
Sunny beach is a hell hole. There's lots of lovely villages round about it that are well worth visiting. Really enjoyed Bulgaria other than sunny beach
Nessebar is lovely if you like a bit of history. Get the local bus rather than go for a tour bus. And khan's tent is a good night out.
Agree, Nessebar is lovely but lots of hassle from jewellery sellers who grab your arm and put their stuff on you. Also we couldn’t find a single decent restaurant and husband didn’t like local beer. Didn’t venture into sunny beach but could hear it across the water
The mrs and I went a few years back but we went to Obzor instead, was absolutely gorgeous but so much derelict land with so much potential.

We went to Varna for the day which I would highly recommend cause the place is stunning.

Hope you enjoy
I'd definitely 2nd khan's tent
13norfolk6th Jul

Agree, Nessebar is lovely but lots of hassle from jewellery sellers who …Agree, Nessebar is lovely but lots of hassle from jewellery sellers who grab your arm and put their stuff on you. Also we couldn’t find a single decent restaurant and husband didn’t like local beer. Didn’t venture into sunny beach but could hear it across the water

we found a lovely restaurant but it wasn't on the main drag at all. My son loved the film prop museum but I could take it or leave it. We were in a quiet area of sunny beach in an area away from all the louts and stag parties. Our hotel was a bit dated(since been refurbished) but I only paid £252 pp for a fortnight all inclusive so it would be a bit rude to complain.
Hi all just to say I think it's sveti vlas we are gonna be In
Edited by: "thebiggishman" 7th Jul
thebiggishman4 h, 53 m ago

Hi all just to say I think it's sveti vlas we are gonna be In

That's a bit out of sunny beach so might not be as busy
Don't taste any fruit from the gypsy sellers if you do go into Sunny Beach,as they harass you to buy it,also if you get a taxi ask for the total price for all the people traveling before you get into the taxi.Also a few years ago,not sure so much now they didn't like sterling notes which were tatty or had any pen marks on them.Been twice,but was a few years ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants