Groups
    EXPIRED

bookguild have looked at my sample of work

Hia Guys

Not sure where to ask this question.
    I have being writing poetry since last year. Bookguild have seen a sample of my work and liked it. There offer at moment is 30% for me 20% for them. The other 50% proberly go on the book cover i think.

Really dont know what to do. I have nearly finished my poems and ready to post to them as they have asked for them. Also should i get copy right on them first. Or do you now of any other companys i can go to. I dont know what to do and would really appreciate your help. Thank you

3 Comments

mod

30% seems a reasonable offer for an unpublished writer to me
    You can do a cheap copyright by printing off your work; signing and dating each page; putting the lot in an envelope and posting it to yourself "recorded delivery" with the seal over the envelope seal. Never open it - until you are in court proving that you are the author - should the situation arise
    Read any T&Cs before agreeing/signing anything and get someone who knows to read the contract before you do anything/agree to anything
    And well done

Original Poster

Thank you so much. I will do that as soon as i have finished my book.

Henna

Original Poster

Hia
    I apreciate your help but i do want to purchase a copy right. Not sure which one. So is this really a good offer as there will not be much return with money. If 50% going to be used to produce book. I get 30% they get 20%. Just a bit confused with this. Or do you think since its my first book and i have never done this i should just go with it.

Thank you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7101342
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2368
      3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1826
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826369

See more discussions