Booking A Holiday..

Posted 5th Jun
Just read an article about some places re-opening as soon as mid June.. With things seeming to ‘ease’ a little, wondering what most people’s thoughts are on booking holidays?

Anyone too fussed about having to quarantine for two weeks on return?

There anyone out there who’s just going to book first flight possible or most people leaning towards staying in the UK this year?

Community Updates
Ask
43 Comments
Waste of time
Booked a UK break for mid July yesterday, They wouldn't dare go back into lock down now.
I wouldn't fly right now (with kids) there's too many variables
jimhuf05/06/2020 09:06

Booked a UK break for mid July yesterday, They wouldn't dare go back into …Booked a UK break for mid July yesterday, They wouldn't dare go back into lock down now. I wouldn't fly right now (with kids) there's too many variables

Nice. Where you off to? Seen quite a few places are back in full swing from July!
Libre1105/06/2020 09:10

How come?

Can’t guarantee what will and won’t be open when on holiday. Too many idiots jumping at the chance to go away as well. Let it calm down properly.
Libre1105/06/2020 09:10

Nice. Where you off to? Seen quite a few places are back in full swing …Nice. Where you off to? Seen quite a few places are back in full swing from July!

Cottage up in the dales, We are working on the assumption things wont be open, so no point in going anywhere built up. Take the bikes, boots and fishing rods and that will do us for the week.

We had a Holiday in greece (should have been 2 weeks ago) and week in Cornwall in the summer and Spain in Nov. But cancelled them all. Will take last minutes if things change
We're thinking about a UK holiday later in the year, although it's going to be in the school holiday for us due to kids. The main issue we see is that we go for the pool and the food, both of which will be heavily restricted or closed.

I have to admit though, while we're trying to think positive I suspect it won't happen, 2020 as a whole will just be a non-event. Roll on Christmas and new year, maybe 2021 will be better.
_Whatever_05/06/2020 09:11

Can’t guarantee what will and won’t be open when on holiday. Too many idi …Can’t guarantee what will and won’t be open when on holiday. Too many idiots jumping at the chance to go away as well. Let it calm down properly.

Yeah fair point. I was meant to be going Maldives this month (gutted) not really fussed about anything being open personally, I’d only want to chill on a beach for 2 weeks
Libre1105/06/2020 09:16

Yeah fair point. I was meant to be going Maldives this month (gutted) not …Yeah fair point. I was meant to be going Maldives this month (gutted) not really fussed about anything being open personally, I’d only want to chill on a beach for 2 weeks

That is gutting! Sorry to hear that I was only due to be going Butlins later this month so more gutting for the kids. You rebooked Maldives?
jimhuf05/06/2020 09:15

Cottage up in the dales, We are working on the assumption things wont be …Cottage up in the dales, We are working on the assumption things wont be open, so no point in going anywhere built up. Take the bikes, boots and fishing rods and that will do us for the week. We had a Holiday in greece (should have been 2 weeks ago) and week in Cornwall in the summer and Spain in Nov. But cancelled them all. Will take last minutes if things change

Sounds perfect mate. I was hoping to do that this month at some point (if lockdown eased) as I have time off work towards end of June. Looking like most places are restarting July though!
Putting my foreign holiday on ice for this year, wanted to go back to Vegas and I know full well Vegas won’t be Vegas with all the pool parties, shows and clubs shut. Even if it’s “open” it’s not going to be fun.

Going to look at a U.K. break, a centre parcs type of thing maybe. Roll on 2021
Libre1105/06/2020 09:18

Sounds perfect mate. I was hoping to do that this month at some point (if …Sounds perfect mate. I was hoping to do that this month at some point (if lockdown eased) as I have time off work towards end of June. Looking like most places are restarting July though!

4th july i think i read
uk has more coronavirus daily deaths than europe combined and most deaths in eu as well. let that sink in before you go on holidays
Edited by: "mtsk" 5th Jun
_Whatever_05/06/2020 09:17

That is gutting! Sorry to hear that I was only due to be going Butlins …That is gutting! Sorry to hear that I was only due to be going Butlins later this month so more gutting for the kids. You rebooked Maldives?

Not rebooked yet, just figuring out weather to go down the route of rebooking, getting a credit note or asking for a full refund

Ah Butlins is great for the kids, hopefully you can go next month
Kratos6905/06/2020 09:19

Putting my foreign holiday on ice for this year, wanted to go back to …Putting my foreign holiday on ice for this year, wanted to go back to Vegas and I know full well Vegas won’t be Vegas with all the pool parties, shows and clubs shut. Even if it’s “open” it’s not going to be fun.Going to look at a U.K. break, a centre parcs type of thing maybe. Roll on 2021

Yeah definitely, you can’t do Vegas half heartedly what a place!
mtsk05/06/2020 09:20

uk has more coronavirus daily deaths than europe combined and most deaths …uk has more coronavirus daily deaths than europe combined and most deaths in eu as well. let that sink in before you go on holidays

That makes me want to go away more, rather than stay here
Libre1105/06/2020 09:24

That makes me want to go away more, rather than stay here

you and people like you are the reason this is the case
Libre1105/06/2020 09:22

Not rebooked yet, just figuring out weather to go down the route of …Not rebooked yet, just figuring out weather to go down the route of rebooking, getting a credit note or asking for a full refund Ah Butlins is great for the kids, hopefully you can go next month

Hard to know what’s best isn’t it. Makes sense though for you to get away if you just want to chill on a nice beach We decided to take the money back instead of rebooking, just to see what the new normal becomes
mtsk05/06/2020 09:20

uk has more coronavirus daily deaths than europe combined and most deaths …uk has more coronavirus daily deaths than europe combined and most deaths in eu as well. let that sink in before you go on holidays

"with" coronavirus not from coronavirus. If you are fit and health you will be fine
jimhuf05/06/2020 09:28

"with" coronavirus not from coronavirus. If you are fit and health you …"with" coronavirus not from coronavirus. If you are fit and health you will be fine

why do you talk about something you dont understand?
fullfact.org/hea…hs/
mtsk05/06/2020 09:27

you and people like you are the reason this is the case

You’re not making any sense? I’m still social distancing & it seems like where I live, one of the only few still doing so. My original question was, if & when we’re allowed to go away, who is?

Other than to travel to work I’ve barely left the house
_Whatever_05/06/2020 09:27

Hard to know what’s best isn’t it. Makes sense though for you to get away i …Hard to know what’s best isn’t it. Makes sense though for you to get away if you just want to chill on a nice beach We decided to take the money back instead of rebooking, just to see what the new normal becomes

Yeah I agree definitely. I think I am just going to get the refund and be patient to be honest, as you said, figure out the new normal
mtsk05/06/2020 09:32

why do you talk about something you dont …why do you talk about something you dont understand?https://fullfact.org/health/covid-deaths/

Stay inside then, ill crack on with living my life
40982198-4QPVg.jpg
Libre1105/06/2020 09:23

Yeah definitely, you can’t do Vegas half heartedly what a place!

Haha I love it! Was supposed to be my 4th trip there this year but thankfully in hindsight, I didn’t get round to booking. Went to NYC for the first time in February though which was awesome! Kinda scary thinking about it now because Corona must have been spreading like wildfire while I was there!
Still got a deposit for Cyprus in August but don’t think I’ll go and leave it for another time. Main reason other than it won’t be the same is the locals really don’t want anyone from uk there, I know this as have friends over there. I’m guessing it’s the same everywhere else. They’ll welcome all other countries that have got this under control. Until we have low daily figures like most of Europe the perception of uk holiday makers bringing the virus into the country won’t change in locals minds , so i feel it will be an uncomfortable holiday.
jimhuf05/06/2020 09:39

Stay inside then, ill crack on with living my life

are you aiming to win darwin award? but it;s good to know how selfish and careless you are
No holiday for us this year.

If I'm entirely honest I don't know why people need to rush things,not having a holiday for a year and staying put is not really the end of the world.
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 5th Jun
mtsk05/06/2020 09:49

are you aiming to win darwin award? but it;s good to know how selfish and …are you aiming to win darwin award? but it;s good to know how selfish and careless you are

Darwin, as in survival of the fittest? Yes that's exactly what i'm advocating.
jimhuf05/06/2020 09:51

Darwin, as in survival of the fittest? Yes that's exactly what i'm …Darwin, as in survival of the fittest? Yes that's exactly what i'm advocating.

not the brightest bulb in the box arent you?
mtsk05/06/2020 09:54

Don't worry about my intellect, id concentrate on sealing the letter box before the virus gets you.
jimhuf05/06/2020 09:56

Don't worry about my intellect, id concentrate on sealing the letter box …Don't worry about my intellect, id concentrate on sealing the letter box before the virus gets you.

what intellect are you referring to because so far you have not displayed any....
mtsk05/06/2020 09:57

what intellect are you referring to because so far you have not displayed …what intellect are you referring to because so far you have not displayed any....

K
Spain have said they will try n reopen soon, last i heard.

then from the uk goverment, they wiil open airports more but people coming back will have to iso for 2 weeks, then states only for essential travel, so the advice regardless of country like spain open, if u dont need to fly ur not really permitted.... / but then says if u do go on holiday, then u got to iso....

as bad as "do go to work dont go to work".....

aessential travel is not a holiday, so cut the god dam claims out idiots!. this is what gives folks that edge to think they can.

We go turkey every year, same place. we have children with disabilities so we keep it to the norm, but this year we are staying at home, not taking the risk. if can or not.
Edited by: "sarden84" 5th Jun
Just a month or two ago, people were complaining about the government not doing anything when they were stuck abroad while on holiday. Now people are complaining about not being able to go anywhere. We seem to have forgotten that most corona cases in UK were imported from Europe, not China.

"Covid-19 is still not under control, but we want our holiday. And if something happens again, it is the government's problem".
Today should have been first day on Thassos Greece, gutted. Would love to be there but waiting till next year.
We are lucky that we got away in early March just before the lockdowns. We missed 4 days of Disney and had to cut the holiday short by a day. Disney have given us 4 day park hopper plus tickets (4 days parks + 4 days waterparks) valid for 5 years and they also gave us £1200 back. No rush to go away again, unless any bargains pop up
sarden8405/06/2020 10:07

Spain have said they will try n reopen soon, last i heard.then from the uk …Spain have said they will try n reopen soon, last i heard.then from the uk goverment, they wiil open airports more but people coming back will have to iso for 2 weeks, then states only for essential travel, so the advice regardless of country like spain open, if u dont need to fly ur not really permitted.... / but then says if u do go on holiday, then u got to iso....as bad as "do go to work dont go to work".....aessential travel is not a holiday, so cut the god dam claims out idiots!. this is what gives folks that edge to think they can.We go turkey every year, same place. we have children with disabilities so we keep it to the norm, but this year we are staying at home, not taking the risk. if can or not.

well some people are happy to lose a relative than holiday...
We'll be waiting a bit longer before even considering booking anything as the situation keeps changing.When we do probably be looking at something like a Cottage in the UK somewhere. I did read that even thou the large Holiday parks are opening again in the UK, due to social distancing most of the facilities like the swimming pools and entertainment complex will remain closed anyway
Im assuming if you book something now for July/August/Sept you wouldnt get insurance cover if it all goes to pot when you're out there? No insurance firm worth their salt would cover COVID related disruption surely.
Edited by: "AgentDaleCooper" 5th Jun
mtsk05/06/2020 09:54

Dont bite with Jim.
Post a comment
@
    Text