Booking.com cancellations

Posted 27th Jun 2020
Quick question.Booked a local holiday through booking. com with free cancellation up until 2 weeks before we arrive.The free cancellation period is up in about 4 weeks.However I’ve noticed from my CC statement that they’ve taken the money already.Just looked on the details and it states “You’ll pay in advance.property will charge you in full before your stay”
Is this normal?If I DO decide to cancel they’ll just refund me?
Find it a bit of a strange process
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
If it’s free cancellation they’ll just refund you. A lot of them do it to stop you booking different ones at different times (as prices fluctuate) then cancelling last minute.
anthonyjames9027/06/2020 23:39

If it’s free cancellation they’ll just refund you. A lot of them do it to s …If it’s free cancellation they’ll just refund you. A lot of them do it to stop you booking different ones at different times (as prices fluctuate) then cancelling last minute.

With booking.com you're guaranteed the price you reserve it at. The only thing that can change is the exchange rate which changes the price
MonkeyMan9027/06/2020 23:48

With booking.com you're guaranteed the price you reserve it at. The only …With booking.com you're guaranteed the price you reserve it at. The only thing that can change is the exchange rate which changes the price

I meant if you reserve it at £200, but closer to the date it drops to £100, you could rebook at £100 and cancel the £200 booking. The issue would be you’d need £300 to start with.
anthonyjames9027/06/2020 23:51

I meant if you reserve it at £200, but closer to the date it drops to …I meant if you reserve it at £200, but closer to the date it drops to £100, you could rebook at £100 and cancel the £200 booking. The issue would be you’d need £300 to start with.

I see. I always choose pay at destination. Even if it's a little bit more money. I don't like spending money and not receiving anything haha
Post a comment
@
    Text