Groups

Books........

Can anyone recommend me some decent books? I've got a £20 Waterstones voucher but have no idea what to spend it on.

I tend to read alot of autobiographies (just finished John Hartson, got Alan Sugar next), or crime type fiction. I've read the Stieg Larsson books, quite like Val McDermid etc.

All suggestions welcome!

12 Comments

Biff & Chip

Do you have a fireplace?

Jade Goodys bio is cheap

James patterson is good,harlan coben,jeffrey deaver. And michael caines autobiography is good.
    Edited by: "barky" 6th Feb 2011

Sidney Poitier has written two autobiographical books: This Life (1980) and The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography (2000). The Measure of a Man

The Lonely Life: An Autobiography by Bette Davis

Like Barky says James Patterson is good and Ive heard Martina Cole is also good

'Surely you're joking mr Feynman'
    Richard P Feynman

Harlan Coben - Tell no one

James Patterson alex cross series is also good

Banned

If you liked the dragon trilogy - read Jo Nesbo

Redbreast
    nemesis
    Devils star

great stuff

Conn Iggulden - if you like Genghis Khan , or Roman Legions
    also to do with Rome - Ben Kane, Anthony Riches, Simon Scarrow - all very good books !

already mentioned - James Patterson - Alex Cross novels...
    Tom Clancy - Jack Ryan novels
    Bernard Cornwell - Sharpe

The millienium trilogy.

The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie.......simply incredible! (The Blade Itself is the 1st book).

Just look at those covers (yes you can safely judge these books by their covers; they're that good lol)
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YhrLAYLQ8So/SNlE4SsbiVI/AAAAAAAAEjM/JYnm-I3pT0s/s400/The+First+Law+Trilogy.jpg
    Edited by: "hypnoticstate" 6th Feb 2011

Ask in the store - if you give them an idea of what you like they'll suggest some titles for you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1823
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      4. Large card print/poster..11

See more discussions