Found 21st Mar 2011
Are there any books that you feel would make a great movie?

27 Comments

Original Poster

Richard Laymon books would be AWESOME. Especially the Beast House Trilogy!

the catcher in the rye,but salingers estate will never allow it

not all good books make a good movie though.

Banned

The Qur'an in 3D

(Produced by Pixar).

I'm open to suggestions for voices.
Edited by: "FilthAndFurry" 21st Mar 2011

FilthAndFurry The Qur'an in 3D(Produced by Pixar).I'm open to suggestions … FilthAndFurry The Qur'an in 3D(Produced by Pixar).I'm open to suggestions for voices.

Cliff Clavin from Cheers
Edited by: "boabbyrab" 21st Mar 2011

Original Poster

boabbyrab

not all good books make a good movie though.

very true!

Kerouac's On The Road but I don't think they'd ever get it right.

I kind of think its best to pick really bad books... There are unfortunately so few examples of a film being anything like as good as the book, and even when they are good, they will never please all the fans. So pick a book with no fans at all and it's bound to please...

Or something...

danny champion of the world

Original Poster

it's not just books. if you get a quality director then he can make it work. look at the train wreck that is the last airbender!

Original Poster

Rupz

danny champion of the world

isn't that already a film?

FilthAndFurry

The Qur'an in 3D(Produced by Pixar).I'm open to suggestions for voices.

i think after that movie is released, your going to see Holy War 3D lol

ham82

isn't that already a film?

Well obviously great mind think alike lol

fly fishing by J R Hartley...

Slam by Nick Hornby would be amazing - They could get Tony Hawks involved too...

ham82

Richard Laymon books would be AWESOME. Especially the Beast House Trilogy!

think we talked about this before. and there is somewhere, a film from one of his books. forget which one though.
Out are the lights would make an amaaazing film.

HMS Ulysses by Alastair MacLean one of the best war at sea thrillers you will ever read - would make a great film but they'd screw it up my making the crew of the ship American and setting it in the Pacific and having a happy ending.....

The hobbit.

dungavel

The hobbit.

imdb.com/tit…24/

Can't wait lol

Original Poster

shanecr

think we talked about this before. and there is somewhere, a film from … think we talked about this before. and there is somewhere, a film from one of his books. forget which one though. Out are the lights would make an amaaazing film.

only in America, Bah humbug!

Original Poster

IF it's real!

Peter and Jane.

Epic

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e1qMawXZW9g/SJxeET3sBgI/AAAAAAAAEqM/seN4hARKRx0/s400/Alycia+reading+video,+Aly+carries+C+044.jpg

Original Poster

MY. MIND. IS. BLOWN.

slipperyid

I kind of think its best to pick really bad books... There are … I kind of think its best to pick really bad books... There are unfortunately so few examples of a film being anything like as good as the book, and even when they are good, they will never please all the fans. So pick a book with no fans at all and it's bound to please...Or something...

I read a lot of books, not all are A class. (_;)

The Australian author Matthew Reilly has wrote a few stinkers of late but his first few novels had a couple of books that read like Hollywood blockbusters, specifically 'Ice Station' and 'Area 7'.

Personally i'd like to see an epic space opera on the big screen, maybe a trilogy of films based on one of Peter F Hamilton's series. Would never happen or they would remove everything that made the books good .
Edited by: "Ungreat" 29th Mar 2011

Original Poster

I am really enjoying Linwood Barclay's books too. Could get some good films out of them!

Rainbow Six ( Tom Clancy )

Banned

peppa pig death match
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21118
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214656
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2744
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769540

See more discussions