Groups

Books regarding law and business

Answered, thx

12 Comments

As you said, autobiographies can be great. Check out the Dragon's Den dragons for good ones. Also Steve Jobs, John Sculley, etc are worth a read.

Apart from these, books such as Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Think and Grow Rich, and anything by Antony Robins are good for business tricks and tips.

Original Poster

Tony68k

As you said, autobiographies can be great. Check out the Dragon's Den … As you said, autobiographies can be great. Check out the Dragon's Den dragons for good ones. Also Steve Jobs, John Sculley, etc are worth a read.Apart from these, books such as Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Think and Grow Rich, and anything by Antony Robins are good for business tricks and tips.

Ahh cheers

Original Poster

Tony68k

As you said, autobiographies can be great. Check out the Dragon's Den … As you said, autobiographies can be great. Check out the Dragon's Den dragons for good ones. Also Steve Jobs, John Sculley, etc are worth a read.Apart from these, books such as Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Think and Grow Rich, and anything by Antony Robins are good for business tricks and tips.

Would you know of any places that sell them at a good price and brand new? Cheers

amazon.co.uk/Mis…268
    not a great book, far too simplistic for real business owners, but ok for a curious kid
    probably available for a fraction of this price on eBay. i paid less than £3 for it on amazon (2nd hand)

also it depends what your kid wants to do with it. start a business? study it at uni?
    as far as business goes, nothing teaches someone more than teaching them how to be financially literate - how to understand financial statements, and this can be found in some basic accountancy books

Original Poster

DennisG

also it depends what your kid wants to do with it. start a business? … also it depends what your kid wants to do with it. start a business? study it at uni?as far as business goes, nothing teaches someone more than teaching them how to be financially literate - how to understand financial statements, and this can be found in some basic accountancy books

Yeah study at uni and start his own, would you be able to recommend some good ones, he understands complex stuff

what's he looking to get out of it? just something to pass the time, does he want to prepare himself for uni applications and the course, or get some advice to help in his own business?
    there are so many books to be honest, everything from autobiographies of tycoons to marketing books for beginners
    there are also books such as business law which aren't quite as exciting but very informative
    let us know and i'll have a dig around

here's amazon's bestseller list
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…/68

Original Poster

DennisG

what's he looking to get out of it? just something to pass the time, does … what's he looking to get out of it? just something to pass the time, does he want to prepare himself for uni applications and the course, or get some advice to help in his own business?there are so many books to be honest, everything from autobiographies of tycoons to marketing books for beginnersthere are also books such as business law which aren't quite as exciting but very informativelet us know and i'll have a dig aroundhere's amazon's bestseller listhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/books/68

Pretty much an all rounder tbh he wants to use his time wisely to gain extra knowledge because there is a pretty certain chance of him taking a business and/or law course at uni,also i'm looking for informative books aswell as interesting if you get what i mean, also something which has good reviews, thanks

Original Poster

Yeah looking for dos and donts of the whole world of business and common misconceptions just interesting stuff you wouldn't know also looking for law books which shows rights etc and also tells you stuff you wouldn't know anyway but useful stuff ty

your son should browse around this website

Try eBay. I get a lot of second hand books off the seller world of books. It says they are second hand but most are just unread with a sticker Mark or a bent front cover
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767343
      2. word association Game73944514
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions