Boots 70% Sale (off Christmas Gifts) 1st Feb

Found 18th Jan
In order to provide some useful links that might help people with a more definite date for the Boots 70% sale, here is the MSE forum link, the MSE boots page which provided the press-notice information, and for completeness the MSE Twitter page.

Hope this helps.
Community Updates
Top comments
I have gave up on this sale now and done all the shopping I needed to elsewhere. Got men's sets reduced to £1.49 each at Superdrug and some other bits for really cheap. Bought the 1 set I had my eye on in boots for the 50% off which is fine. By them messing about with their sale they have missed out on what I usually spend there which is over £80 usually but they didn't have the perfume set I usually buy while at the sale so this year they got £4 off me instead of £80. Won't be going back now even if the sale starts next week. Saved me a fortune really
I can’t cope with a week of this. Up early dressed and ready to get to boots for 8. It’s like being a firefighter waiting for the bell to ring!
missy25075 m ago

I agree although sometimes they bring out more stock when they do the 70% …I agree although sometimes they bring out more stock when they do the 70% - I remember seeing some items that I hadn't seen in the 50% sale! Just worth noting!

Yes, sometimes you see staff replenishing the shelves (at least it was that way when I was there circa 8.30am last year). Mercifully people were quite polite and there was no zoo-like behaviour.

The "other thread" about this is starting to make me cringe, so I think I'll just watch in stealth mode. You'd think this was the only sale in the world, ever.

I hate seeing people act all petulant and rude over something as frivolous as a sale. This time of year must be a nightmare for Boots staff.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 23rd Jan
36881747-DzVmf.jpg
229 Comments
Hi, went to my store locally .... no sale started no news on when it starts yet
Thanks for posting ickle_Dave
If any of u get any updates please post ASAP...can it be any day next week???
So it's not on still 50% been there myself and I know everyone was saying it wouldn't be, but was planning on gonna there for peace of mind. So when will It be, surely not on the weekend? So any day next week really then? X
prince.aubeeluck2 m ago

If any of u get any updates please post ASAP...can it be any day next …If any of u get any updates please post ASAP...can it be any day next week???

I would hazard a guess to Wednesday however can be any day.Could even be Sat/Sun.
Can't see it being the weekend reason being kids are off and they will be out and about, that's why I'm thinking sometime during next week x
steph83432 m ago

Can't see it being the weekend reason being kids are off and they will be …Can't see it being the weekend reason being kids are off and they will be out and about, that's why I'm thinking sometime during next week x

Said weekend because Boots have changed all this year. Am leaving all avenues open lol
MEGAONE1 h, 0 m ago

Said weekend because Boots have changed all this year. Am leaving all …Said weekend because Boots have changed all this year. Am leaving all avenues open lol

Yeah I'm thinking this weekend
Surely they wouldn’t do it on the weekend (I can imagine fights and overcrowding, bad enough in the week?)but they can’t leave it to long?
Edited by: "vw13" 18th Jan
My feeling is Wednesday 23rd. That gives Boots one more weekend of sales at 50% off.

I'll watch the MSE thread with interest!
I can’t cope with a week of this. Up early dressed and ready to get to boots for 8. It’s like being a firefighter waiting for the bell to ring!
Where does 23rd Jan come from? Can't find it onlinks
steph8343 h, 21 m ago

Can't see it being the weekend reason being kids are off and they will be …Can't see it being the weekend reason being kids are off and they will be out and about, that's why I'm thinking sometime during next week x

Crush injuries spring to mind!I’m amazed that kids in pushchairs have survived.
ickle_Dave30 m ago

My feeling is Wednesday 23rd. That gives Boots one more weekend of sales …My feeling is Wednesday 23rd. That gives Boots one more weekend of sales at 50% off. I'll watch the MSE thread with interest!

Someone said their prices change on a Tuesday So it might be Tuesday
Went to my local Boots Carlisle and was ques up escalator, the assistants stood at top greeting everyone saying if come for the 70%, its not on!! and kept repeating selfs!!, loads left empty handed lol!!, Iv got my Dads Joules hat just in case none left then, as only 2!!
Matzi200047 m ago

Someone said their prices change on a Tuesday So it might be Tuesday

More likely to be a Friday as the last 2 years it’s been a Friday since the company was bought out, that’s when it all changed. It was on a Wednesday before but I don’t see why they would change it this year back to a Wednesday who knows though, just gotta keep checking!
Just popped in to say hello . Bumped into someone this morning who had queued at my local boots today , she said there were approx 50 disappointed customers waiting outside at 8am .

In terms of guessing prospective dates , I know that boots tries to have the sale on a day that they don’t start any other big promotions or the day they change offers. If anyone could confirm the offer change date that might narrow it down slightly .
Great thread thanks
In will be checking MSE and boots website early in mornings to see when the 50% sale dissapears. Could literally happen any day so no predicting can be done really.
It was my day off, so I thought I would go sales shopping anyway. When I got to Boots there were hoards of people waiting, once the store opened they magically vanished. poof. No idea where they went so I had a jolly old time on my own, leisurly lookign at all the lovely products. Have a wonderful time, no one pushing or stressing. Got some lovely pressies to put away - yes at 50 % off - still some great prices. I wont be able to go back when/if there are further reductions, I am pleased with my purchases.
FizzyIzzy4 h, 33 m ago

I can’t cope with a week of this. Up early dressed and ready to get to b …I can’t cope with a week of this. Up early dressed and ready to get to boots for 8. It’s like being a firefighter waiting for the bell to ring!

You must have nothing better to do!
Boots cant afford to burn anymore margin.
ickle_Dave5 h, 34 m ago

My feeling is Wednesday 23rd. That gives Boots one more weekend of sales …My feeling is Wednesday 23rd. That gives Boots one more weekend of sales at 50% off. I'll watch the MSE thread with interest!

Yeah think i’ll be avoiding any guesses and stick to MSE like the old days lol
It might be tomorrow???
Matzi20005 h, 11 m ago

Where does 23rd Jan come from? Can't find it onlinks

Where did the other “info” come from, word of mouth, guesses by papers....does it matter? It was all a load of nonsense at end of day! If peeps have any sense they’ll follow MSE.However well done for all the hot votes, brilliant for a deal that was never a deal
Gave up on this years ago, usually only the things that people aren't really bothered about left in my local ones, most people take the 50% as they got fed up with all the 'when will the 70% Boots sale be'.
MEGAONE36 m ago

Where did the other “info” come from, word of mouth, guesses by pap …Where did the other “info” come from, word of mouth, guesses by papers....does it matter? It was all a load of nonsense at end of day! If peeps have any sense they’ll follow MSE.However well done for all the hot votes, brilliant for a deal that was never a deal

It came from MSE actually
It's not going to be the weekend. I was talking to the staff today. They said try next week. Probably not Monday either. I'm guessing Wednesday.
like this thread, gives me a clue which day to avoid going into town with all those people scratting over cheap wrapping paper - and big Soap & Glory boxes/Jack Wills scarf sets.
Matzi200057 m ago

It came from MSE actually

Oh so of all the info that came from MSE the only piece you didn’t edit into your posts was “Boots 70% off not tomorrow”you know the MSE article from yesterday evening
70% off sale starts Saturday. Friend (store manager) just been informed.
Oops, sorry, it’s Wednesday
stemjoly10 m ago

is it confirmed then?
stemjoly12 m ago

Are you just messing with us lol
Is anyone going to their local boots today? X
I was debating popping down didnt want another wasted trip lile yesterday
My other half was going to work and on his way he just had a look and he said the 50% signs are still up in my local boots x
Edited by: "steph834" 19th Jan
So it must be on a week day ? If it's not on today .
Definitely not today then ?
I’m waiting too contemplating going to the mall this early in morning
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants