Boots Advantage Card Points

Posted 16th May
Usually when you return a Boots order they take back the Advantage Card points.

Anyone got any experience of what happens when you return a Boots order but have already spent the points on another order?

They wouldn't be able to take back the points but would this affect the return?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
It would go negative on the account and you would have to rebuild on it
ndyanem16/05/2020 12:57

It would go negative on the account and you would have to rebuild on it

Is that a guess you're making or speaking from experience? Could you elaborate?
Notorious9116/05/2020 15:10

Is that a guess you're making or speaking from experience? Could you …Is that a guess you're making or speaking from experience? Could you elaborate?

if you paid via points they would deduct the points and it goes minus until you accumulate enough.
ndyanem16/05/2020 16:22

if you paid via points they would deduct the points and it goes minus …if you paid via points they would deduct the points and it goes minus until you accumulate enough.

What if you paid via credit/bank card?
Notorious9116/05/2020 16:30

What if you paid via credit/bank card?

Then the money would go back on those cards
ndyanem16/05/2020 18:06

Then the money would go back on those cards

Sorry I will clarify:

Order 1 I paid by card and got points.

Order 2 I used my points and the extra points for a purchase hence don't have any points left.

If I return order 1, I don't have points left for them to take back, so do I still get my card refund?

And this negative points thing, are you certain this is a thing? As in has it happened to you?
Yu
Notorious9116/05/2020 18:40

Sorry I will clarify:Order 1 I paid by card and got points.Order 2 I used …Sorry I will clarify:Order 1 I paid by card and got points.Order 2 I used my points and the extra points for a purchase hence don't have any points left.If I return order 1, I don't have points left for them to take back, so do I still get my card refund?And this negative points thing, are you certain this is a thing? As in has it happened to you?

Yes Negative points is a thing - I had the joy of an inexperienced assistant refunding me twice in error, which resulted in a negative points balance - took about 6 weeks to fix
Is this about the toy you bought for 94 points towards a Car Seat?
jsac16/05/2020 18:43

Yu Yes Negative points is a thing - I had the joy of an inexperienced …Yu Yes Negative points is a thing - I had the joy of an inexperienced assistant refunding me twice in error, which resulted in a negative points balance - took about 6 weeks to fix

Thanks for clarification and for the help.
jsac16/05/2020 18:44

Is this about the toy you bought for 94 points towards a Car Seat?

Aha no the toy wasn't needed in the end due to my hearing health check 150 points but it hasn't been dispatched and neither have I received the points for that yet. But I will return that and they'll just take back the points they'll eventually give me. It's for an order a few weeks prior that I forgot I used a 150 extra points voucher for. My 60ish current points (extra from the hearing test boost) would have covered the refund but of course its the extra 150 points I don't currently have anymore that I was worried about.
So order one , money will go back onto your card. Any points will be removed from you advantage card and will show a minus figure
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions