Boots given wrong click and collect order

Posted 21st Nov
Hi,

basically collected something from boots, all she asked for was my surname which I gave her and she came back with my package. Got home and noticed it’s someone’s else’s. Different first initial. Funnily enough though it has the same perfume in! This package has 2 though when I only ordered one. Now I’m thinking I really can’t be bothered to drive all that way back in to return it. Why should I? She’s should have asked for my first name or an order number, it was all in my hand ready to give her.

if they ring up and moan where do I stand with this? Can they charge me for the extra? I’m happy if they arrange to come and collect but I’m certainly not driving back in to return it.

cheers
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
The decent thing would be to return it, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.
go back again and pick up your order, they don't need to know you already collected someone elses
20 Comments
The decent thing would be to return it, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.
Ring them, they may send out a pre paid envelope or say thanks for being honest, keep it.
IamMT21/11/2019 13:12

The decent thing would be to return it, imagine if the shoe was on the …The decent thing would be to return it, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.

Sure, but at Boot's expense. I would call and say I can't get back to the store, they can arrange collection. If you're not missing anything they may just say keep it and sort the other person out when they collect theirs and complain.
I agree with IamMT
It all depends on your morals / conscience whether you contact Boots and explain the mistake, or keep shtum.

Boots made a mistake, not you, and they'll probably have to rectify it for the customer who is now a bottle of perfume light in their order (if they check it instore).

Imagine if you were the other customer who did what you did - collect their order and not bother checking it until they get home. They've left the store and only have half their order. I don't know what Boots, or any other retailer, would say if a customer came back saying half their order was missing.

Not saying they will contact you, but if they do, depending on your stance, you could play dumb with an excuse like 'I haven't checked my order, it was a Christmas gift which I hid as soon as I got it home' so you didn't have any knowledge of what was in your order.

The decent thing would be to return it, imagine if the shoe was on the …The decent thing would be to return it, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot.

Excuse me? Can you elaborate on that for me please. I am happy to hand it back if they collect it. Are you suggesting I should be out of pocket for this
psychedelicrenegade21/11/2019 13:18

It all depends on your morals / conscience whether you contact Boots and …It all depends on your morals / conscience whether you contact Boots and explain the mistake, or keep shtum.Boots made a mistake, not you, and they'll probably have to rectify it for the customer who is now a bottle of perfume light in their order (if they check it instore).Imagine if you were the other customer who did what you did - collect their order and not bother checking it until they get home. They've left the store and only have half their order. I don't know what Boots, or any other retailer, would say if a customer came back saying half their order was missing.Not saying they will contact you, but if they do, depending on your stance, you could play dumb with an excuse like 'I haven't checked my order, it was a Christmas gift which I hid as soon as I got it home' so you didn't have any knowledge of what was in your order.

Yes I think I’ll just ring them now. Apparently I’m out of order for not driving back in with it lol

Or I guess you could say “the boot on the foot”
BenjiMay21/11/2019 13:21

Yes I think I’ll just ring them now. Apparently I’m out of order for not dr …Yes I think I’ll just ring them now. Apparently I’m out of order for not driving back in with it lol

Who said that?
MadeDixonsCry21/11/2019 13:31

It was implied.

Exactly. I didn’t even bother responding to that comment. Trolls are everywhere
Edited by: "BenjiMay" 21st Nov
I can’t get through to boots, just on hold for the last 10 minutes.

Off to get on with my day, they will have to just contact me now.

Thanks to the few helpful replies.
BenjiMay21/11/2019 13:35

I can’t get through to boots, just on hold for the last 10 minutes.Off to g …I can’t get through to boots, just on hold for the last 10 minutes.Off to get on with my day, they will have to just contact me now. Thanks to the few helpful replies.

I trust mine was helpful.
go back again and pick up your order, they don't need to know you already collected someone elses
ctuk21/11/2019 13:38

go back again and pick up your order, they don't need to know you already …go back again and pick up your order, they don't need to know you already collected someone elses

still wouldn’t drive back in
Edited by: "BenjiMay" 21st Nov
BenjiMay21/11/2019 13:33

Exactly. I didn’t even bother responding to that comment. Trolls are e …Exactly. I didn’t even bother responding to that comment. Trolls are everywhere

I wasn’t trolling literally just asking as I didn’t see anyone saying for you to pay.
They don’t know who collected it. Depends on if it’s going to bother you if you don’t tell them. No one here is affected by your choice.
And with regards to the other person, they may well think theirs is not there if the staff member they collect from does their job properly. Boots will just replace theirs.
If you don’t collect your actual order you may well get a refund if it is there too long.
choccie3221/11/2019 13:58

They don’t know who collected it. Depends on if it’s going to bother you if …They don’t know who collected it. Depends on if it’s going to bother you if you don’t tell them. No one here is affected by your choice. And with regards to the other person, they may well think theirs is not there if the staff member they collect from does their job properly. Boots will just replace theirs. If you don’t collect your actual order you may well get a refund if it is there too long.

ctuk21/11/2019 13:38

go back again and pick up your order, they don't need to know you already …go back again and pick up your order, they don't need to know you already collected someone elses

Understand no one here is affected I only really wanted to know if they could charge me for the extra
Say nothing, collect the other parcel like nothing happened, sell the extras or save them as Christmas gifts.. win win

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Discussions

Top Merchants