Boots online waiting time. What’s happening ?

Posted 25th Mar
Trying boots and it says your in a virtual que.
been 10 mins already !
Worst that Boxing Day sales
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
What's happening? A global pandemic of an infectious disease, shops closed, and a lockdown order for people to stay at home and not go out unless it's essential to do so. Have some patience and maybe use your waiting time to have a little think about the crisis that this virus has caused in this country.
30 Comments
What's happening? A global pandemic of an infectious disease, shops closed, and a lockdown order for people to stay at home and not go out unless it's essential to do so. Have some patience and maybe use your waiting time to have a little think about the crisis that this virus has caused in this country.
Haircut_10025/03/2020 17:24

What's happening? A global pandemic of an infectious disease, shops …What's happening? A global pandemic of an infectious disease, shops closed, and a lockdown order for people to stay at home and not go out unless it's essential to do so. Have some patience and maybe use your waiting time to have a little think about the crisis that this virus has caused in this country.

Obviously I understand that but it’s 1 hour ques
Misslovely25/03/2020 17:41

Obviously I understand that but it’s 1 hour ques

wonder what everyone is ordering from boots? i can't think of anything there that is worth stock piling except sanitary towels!
mutley125/03/2020 17:54

wonder what everyone is ordering from boots? i can't think …wonder what everyone is ordering from boots? i can't think of anything there that is worth stock piling except sanitary towels!

From Boots, the Chemist?

Medicines, perhaps?
miikeyblue25/03/2020 17:56

From Boots, the Chemist?Medicines, perhaps?

i did think that, but you go to another site as i just tried and the online chemist site is fine. it is just the online shop.
Paracetamols
rimalpatel00725/03/2020 18:02

Paracetamols

there won't be any paracetamol left anywhere so no point now. similarly toilet paper as boots also sell toilet paper but doubt they would have any in stock nowadays.

wonder what everyone is ordering from boots? i can't think …wonder what everyone is ordering from boots? i can't think of anything there that is worth stock piling except sanitary towels!

Well I just tried Asda and it’s same
They have put very strong measures in place
Misslovely25/03/2020 18:15

Well I just tried Asda and it’s same They have put very strong measures in …Well I just tried Asda and it’s same They have put very strong measures in place

My wife spent most the afternoon in a queue for the Asda site.

It's refreshing to see some decent online queueing systems though - and not just a totally dead website because of the amount of traffic!
miikeyblue25/03/2020 18:24

My wife spent most the afternoon in a queue for the Asda site.It's …My wife spent most the afternoon in a queue for the Asda site.It's refreshing to see some decent online queueing systems though - and not just a totally dead website because of the amount of traffic!

Did she find a delivery tho? I tried yesterday and nothing.
Misslovely25/03/2020 18:28

Did she find a delivery tho? I tried yesterday and nothing.

Yea, she had a slot booked, but it then crashed out and she had to queue again!
miikeyblue25/03/2020 18:28

Yea, she had a slot booked, but it then crashed out and she had to queue …Yea, she had a slot booked, but it then crashed out and she had to queue again!

Oh dam must be annoying
Misslovely25/03/2020 18:29

Oh dam must be annoying

Yea... for me too, had to listen to her moaning about it!
miikeyblue25/03/2020 18:32

Yea... for me too, had to listen to her moaning about it!

I understand the frustration. It’s like you missed out on a good glitch from here

I ordered 9x face powders before the lockdown officially started... I didn’t want to risk looking like a grizzly bear by the time we go back to normal!
Misslovely25/03/2020 18:15

Well I just tried Asda and it’s same They have put very strong measures in …Well I just tried Asda and it’s same They have put very strong measures in place

i guess as we are now in lockdown, people will be ordering online from everywhere so soon that will also be up the creek for most retailers as well as all the delivery drivers for online goods. they will be doing a huge yodel and DPD recruitment next.

superdrug site seems to fine though and they sell pretty much what boots does. can you buy your stuff from there instead? superdrugs is always my first port of call as i find boots more pricey than them.
I just joined the queue. There must be something good. My father used to say that if there is a queue there is something special to buy.
shelliebish25/03/2020 18:52

I ordered 9x face powders before the lockdown officially started... I …I ordered 9x face powders before the lockdown officially started... I didn’t want to risk looking like a grizzly bear by the time we go back to normal!

9 face powders? blooming heck that will last until the next pandemic!
especially as now you can't go out, so what's the point in wearing makeup as you got no where to go except to the supermarket.
mutley125/03/2020 19:00

9 face powders? blooming heck that will last until the next pandemic! …9 face powders? blooming heck that will last until the next pandemic! especially as now you can't go out, so what's the point in wearing makeup as you got no where to go except to the supermarket.

Have you seen my face???... I even sleep with it on so nobody has a scare first thing in the morning!
If you're concerned about a 10 minute wait I just hope you don't loose your job and have to call Universal credit, I was on hold for over 3 hours on Monday because the online application told me I needed to call them to prove my identity
Boots are struggling for delivery drivers and priorities lay with medication which is why the online system is slow.
Edited by: "ndyanem" 25th Mar
shelliebish25/03/2020 19:50

Have you seen my face???... I even sleep with it on so nobody has a scare …Have you seen my face???... I even sleep with it on so nobody has a scare first thing in the morning!

I wear it at day and hate it.

My greatest achievement this week was grabbing 6 boxes of Tampax for my other half from the Boots website at approx 5am before they disappeared out of stock again - this happened on the day of our 11th anniversary. No other website or shop in our local area appeared to have any. What a time to be alive.
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 25th Mar
joeydeacon25/03/2020 20:46

My greatest achievement this week was grabbing 6 boxes of Tampax for my …My greatest achievement this week was grabbing 6 boxes of Tampax for my other half from the Boots website at approx 5am before they disappeared out of stock again - this happened on the day of our 11th anniversary. No other website or shop in our local area appeared to have any. What a time to be alive.

We have loads in our boots store
Just try Ocado

40188300-mginQ.jpg
and that’s if you already have an order

My greatest achievement this week was grabbing 6 boxes of Tampax for my …My greatest achievement this week was grabbing 6 boxes of Tampax for my other half from the Boots website at approx 5am before they disappeared out of stock again - this happened on the day of our 11th anniversary. No other website or shop in our local area appeared to have any. What a time to be alive.

The romance is still alive I see
ndyanem25/03/2020 20:59

We have loads in our boots store

Remember Superdrug, savers and boots is still open.
Visit 30 mins before closing
Misslovely25/03/2020 21:07

Remember Superdrug, savers and boots is still open. Visit 30 mins before …Remember Superdrug, savers and boots is still open. Visit 30 mins before closing

Not in our store. We close at 1715 now during the week. You have to join the line regardless of prescription or shopping as only allow 3 in at one time. We have stock including paracetamol, codeine and Calpol coming in 3 times a week
rimalpatel00725/03/2020 18:02

Paracetamols

You'll be surprised.
I managed to secure two packets during the peak of panic buying from Lidl. Then walked across to Savers and secured another two.

i did worry the other day when i went into sainsburys to get sanitary towels and there was not much left but i went to another sainsburys store and they had loads in so it does depend on which store you go to.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants