Boots Policies & Help please x

Found 2nd Jun
Boots UK Limited
MIDDLESBROUGH -519
(01642) 249616

88- 90 Cleveland Centre
Middlesbrough
TS1 2JZ

I sat for 2 hours waiting for my dad to help me with me bargain finds, I had intended to use on my Mind fund raising and helping the hopeless mentally ill... I know that’s not making you a fortune BUT I’d have gave you more than enough promotion to stop you looking like petty 5p, strange workers.

75 x Mitchum 48 hour Ice Fresh Men’s (Travel Size) 35ml -
“Nathan...” (the CSA that should never be employed to help/ give customer service to other humans, animals or vermin. He charged me 20p and alloweded me to purchase 6 at 20p each of “ Femfresh - Intamate Skin care “ ,as with Mitchams Powder fresh for woman... I was allowed another 6.

He did not allow me to purchase 6 x Lynx Shower at 20p (for reasons unknown) Maybe he wanted it to store in his weirdly precise dwelling or he’s just a greedy kinda guy... Luckily “Tom” came to better explain (and he was the manager...)

2949004-cYorw.jpg

2949004-xV7hj.jpg

After my dad helping me carry my baskets of loot to the tills I was a abruptly informed its customer policy that each customer can only buy 6 items each...

He could not show me were this was displayed or even what to google as I sespect LIESSSS! Would just appear on my screen lol. Why wasn’t I informed Prier to this as allot of staff and customers came to speak to me...

Next to serve me was “Nicola” due to Nicola clearly being a man and me not wanting to come across predudase (I Will assume boots, in error.. Spelt Nikolaus wrong/wierd) anyway even tho he was blessed with a strange name, I found him to be most helpfelf and down to earth (willing to me me in the middle sort of thing?)

Anyway back to the complaint in hand..
I’m seriously peeved off about a store I spend allot of money in and go out of my way to pay their slightly higher prices to collect Reward Card Points and get the odd deal or two but the be lied to.... From a company I’d chosen to trust..

I remember my dad buying 38 He-She different self tans and that was under a year ago so we’re Wes the 6 products per customer then? I’ve spent my night searching for this policily that doesn’t seem to exist...

Boots, if you want to help a Mental Health charity and cling on to a piece on humanity (Ohh I have proof of my efforts to raise money incase that’s a issue) Them please let me but your surplus stock to make up hampers or even OMG possibly DONATE an item!?? - I think this may push tom into a better fitter career but does anyone have a Boots policy handbook? Is this discrimination?

Thank you for any help given!! Xxx
Community Updates
AskShoesBoots
Top comments
The shop could have easily have refused to serve you for no reason. Making up a limit of 6 was more polite than nothing.

Many good deals get listed on here, then the shelves cleared by single purchasers. If I’m honest I’m glad there was a limit imposed. In fact more stores should do so.

While your heart was in the right place, the store had no idea if you were lying or not. There are enough people out there that would.
If you were as rude in the store as you are in that letter, I'm surprised they didn't just kick you out.
16 Comments
Well done you for trying to do something for the greater good! Shame on Boots!
Why did they charge you 20p each when the ticket shows a lower price ?
As other stores. They consider 6 to be the break off point between consumer and bulk buying.

Tesco tried this on me in the past. They reduced their butchers dog food tins from £10 to £5 a box as a clearance. I took the gamble and bought all £200 worth of tins.

Got to the till in a trolley that struggled too move. The lady said this may not be allowed as it's considered as bulk buying.

I explained it's all reduced to clear and was told "we usually don't let people buy this many of the same items as we do want other customers to enjoy the same choice of purchase."

She then asked a manager who allowed me to make the purchase. As they wanted the shelf space and I was the one who cleared 2 or so shelves worth of space in a single buy.
This was around 10pm, so could've been a different answer if it was a busier time of the day.
It is not unusual for shops to restrict the number of purchase per person on promotional products as they don't want people to buy in bulk for resale and they want other customers to benefit from the promotion as well. They do this with alcohol promotion.

I haven't personally come across this, but sainsburys did restrict the number of lettuce that each person could buy at my local store.
The shop could have easily have refused to serve you for no reason. Making up a limit of 6 was more polite than nothing.

Many good deals get listed on here, then the shelves cleared by single purchasers. If I’m honest I’m glad there was a limit imposed. In fact more stores should do so.

While your heart was in the right place, the store had no idea if you were lying or not. There are enough people out there that would.
I think it’s also down to the discretion of the manager, whether they need the shelf space vs restricting sales so other customers could grab the bargains too.

When I worked in small stores, they are restricted in stock space out the back and we were encouraged to get rid of surplus stock as soon as possible. Larger stores were much more flexible with stock so normally aren’t in a rush to get rid of stock or surplus
Edited by: "geojo" 2nd Jun
Well done for what you are doing, I recently lost a 28 yr old friend and colleague to mental health issues. I know my local sainsburys does not have an issue, I got 48 packs of 20p kitkats, I donated 45 of them to the homeless and had no problem. Perhaps an e.mail to the head manager of boots might get some response, or at least train the staff on customer relations, gd luck with ur charity work x
Considering this is in the Cleveland Centre they'll be stolen by this time tomorrow so not worth worrying about.
MIDURIX6 m ago

Considering this is in the Cleveland Centre they'll be stolen by this time …Considering this is in the Cleveland Centre they'll be stolen by this time tomorrow so not worth worrying about.

Too many security cameras around the shopping centre
If you were as rude in the store as you are in that letter, I'm surprised they didn't just kick you out.
Darzen9 h, 54 m ago

Why did they charge you 20p each when the ticket shows a lower price ?

These are on 3 for 2 even at the reduced price , so I think she means she got 6 for 20p , not 20p each
Why do people think Boots are a good company. Its no longer boots, its just a name now, Jesse boots would turn in his grave the way company has turned out.
Ps i used to bulk buy clearance while working in boots with no issues. Restrictions are normally items that have high resale value they place restrictions.

I no longer shop at boots as most stuff is cheaper elsewhere where and boots card is a mental con to get u to come bk

Past employee
chrismc200504 h, 53 m ago

Why do people think Boots are a good company. Its no longer boots, its …Why do people think Boots are a good company. Its no longer boots, its just a name now, Jesse boots would turn in his grave the way company has turned out.Ps i used to bulk buy clearance while working in boots with no issues. Restrictions are normally items that have high resale value they place restrictions. I no longer shop at boots as most stuff is cheaper elsewhere where and boots card is a mental con to get u to come bk Past employee

I second you
I had a similar experience in Boots Romford buying some shower gel which were on clearance. I was politely told at the till that they restrict purchases of a single item to 6 for each customer. He did not make it clear if that policy was applied to promotional items. However he was willing to help and called some supervisor who said the policy did not apply to clearance items as they wanted to get rid of that anyway. To be honest, I heard about this policy from Boots for the first time though it is very rare I buy more than 6 units of a particular item in Boots. Sainsburys did cancel my online order when I ordered too many of Dover Shower Gel which was on promotion but never faced that restriction in store. All this vary from store to store.
Edited by: "varunadas" 3rd Jun
chrismc2005012 h, 36 m ago

Why do people think Boots are a good company. Its no longer boots, its …Why do people think Boots are a good company. Its no longer boots, its just a name now, Jesse boots would turn in his grave the way company has turned out.Ps i used to bulk buy clearance while working in boots with no issues. Restrictions are normally items that have high resale value they place restrictions. I no longer shop at boots as most stuff is cheaper elsewhere where and boots card is a mental con to get u to come bk Past employee

I only started shopping I'm boots after a protein powder clearance deal was posted. Got a few large tubs and bags for £5-7 each. Which usually sell for £18+. From then I go in every few days on way too gym to check the clearance section. Gotten few other bits like moisturizer, and that foam in a can shower gel for 90p each (good for after a workout).

But normally I wouldn't consider them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants