Found 14th Jan 2009
"Sale Update

We are experiencing temporary issues with our January sale here on Boots.com and currently cannot offer this service.

We'd like to apologise for any confusion caused and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

To make the most of Boots fantastic sale offers we recommend you visit your local store where many products are still available at up to 75% off. To find out where your local Boots store is please use the store locator."

Link - boots.com/web…570

You would have thought they would have known the site would be busy and could have prepared for it!

44 Comments

Havent been able to use it all day, just kept crashing etc. :-(

The sale seems to have completely disappeared form here!

Original Poster

I love how they say to go in store where many products are 75% off, I went in to one of the Norwich stores today and it there was hardly anything left - hence why I wanted to order online!

kimbyanne;4067273

I love how they say to go in store where many products are 75% off, I … I love how they say to go in store where many products are 75% off, I went in to one of the Norwich stores today and it there was hardly anything left - hence why I wanted to order online!

same here!

Me & OH went to a real-life Boots today and there was loads of stuff at 75% off - gift sets, xmas stuff, No7 make up sets etc- she spent a bit but bought loads!!

Keeps er happy.

Got some good xmas prezzys for nxt year too!

Original Poster

karaokecolin;4067475

Me & OH went to a real-life Boots today and there was loads of stuff at … Me & OH went to a real-life Boots today and there was loads of stuff at 75% off - gift sets, xmas stuff, No7 make up sets etc- she spent a bit but bought loads!!Keeps er happy.Got some good xmas prezzys for nxt year too!

Yea, my Boots had lots of Christmas stuff but I wasn't interested in that. They also had quite a few No. 7 gift sets (smaller ones anyway) but again, wasn't interested. Anything half decent was long gone.

I did get a milkshake glass thing, a cat mug, a mister mascara set and a Jean Paul Gautier set.

Well, after being up since 6am trying to order online, i gave up at 8am and went to the store Got tons, then came home and managed to order online.....AT LAST!! I then went to another store and got more stuff, so i'm very happy, although £180 worse off, but think of the savings!!!

the boots website has remembered my shopping list from this morning, but is now charging me full price.

is it worth waiting? or shall i give up?

I went in store and go £200 worth of xmas/birthday presents for £50...yah

Original Poster

dmtuk;4070270

I wish I could do that!! I did get my boyfriend a Joop gift set for £15 for Valentines Day and my Dad a Hugo Boss Gift set for £20 for his birthday.

Unfortunately the people I buy for don't tend to want things from Boots - would be so much easier if they did.

I am getting really annoyed, the Boots site is still down with no sign of it going back up tonight.

dmtuk;4070270

Well done you :thumbsup:

Lulu'sMammy;4067670

Well, after being up since 6am trying to order online, i gave up at 8am … Well, after being up since 6am trying to order online, i gave up at 8am and went to the store Got tons, then came home and managed to order online.....AT LAST!! I then went to another store and got more stuff, so i'm very happy, although £180 worse off, but think of the savings!!!

OMG Lulu - do you think you have a problem ?? :w00t:

The website went down just as i was going through checkout, had over £40 pounds worth of good stuff so was a little annoyed!!! Headed straight over to Bluewater store where people were going mad for these items but luckly i got most of what i wanted, Hopefully the sale will be back online so i can get some more soon.

suze;4070679

OMG Lulu - do you think you have a problem ?? :w00t:

Yes.....i'm a serial shopoholic and need help!

Lulu'sMammy;4070936

Yes.....i'm a serial shopoholic and need help!

Me Too!!! Can't resit a bargin!!!

Its working!!!

This Boots site is driving me mad !!!!!!! :w00t:

me too - ive received the toys i ordered - just want make up etc... now (for the wife)

Grrrrrr!!!!!!!

I've had to give up- keeps on crashing, can't believe I got so close as to the bank confirmation page and then..........:viking:

What a total waste of over an hour !!!!

Phew.......site crashed but order went through successfully!!!!!

and have received confirmation e-mail

choc1969;4149060

Phew.......site crashed but order went through successfully!!!!!

How do you know ? Have you had an e-mail ?

choc1969;4149060

Phew.......site crashed but order went through successfully!!!!!and have … Phew.......site crashed but order went through successfully!!!!!and have received confirmation e-mail

Hehee ! Youo have just answered my question !

Try Ringing Them, The Order Should Still Be In Your Basket And They Can Do The Payment Bit Over The Phone
I Rang This Morning, Very Helpful Lady

Also remember to use the PHAM24 code if you're ordering over £50
500 points ......... they all help

which number did you ring please??

Thought you'd ask that!!
Sites totally crashed now, and I didn't write the number down as it was on the screen!!
Sorry!!!!!!!

Looked on my email confimation but there's no number there either!!!

when you rung up, did it have an automated message of something like:
we are having difficulties at the moment and are unable to process any orders?

Automated but gave you a choice of options and I choose 4
Was in a queue
Good luck, hope you get it sorted

but did it say that they were unable to process orders at this time?
Did they still do it for you even though it said this??

It didn't give that message when I rang
obviously they've had too many people trying that too!!

Ok, thank you..

Its working again!!!!!!

Nowt worth buying left... I think I will leave it (since my basket is saying -1 stock and not working.....)

A miracle just happened......after about 1-2 hours I got my order placed. Half stuff I wanted was gone but got most important St Tropez sets and No7 sets! Can't believe I got them they were out of stock like 1 hour ago now back in. I have order confirmation number but no email yet do you think this will go through?

Email came in. It better come or I'll go mad, I know some people had confirmed orders cancelled last week after the sale.

I ordered last week and still haven't received it!!
Checked with the lady on the phone this morning and she said I would get it
Who knows!!!
Bit of a lottery this sale shopping:thinking:

Original Poster

What a load of ****. I wanted some of the No. 7 Sets but they are all out of stock and now I cant even get on the site.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Krispy Duck;4153686

I ordered last week and still haven't received it!!Checked with the lady … I ordered last week and still haven't received it!!Checked with the lady on the phone this morning and she said I would get itWho knows!!!Bit of a lottery this sale shopping:thinking:

Well something very interested happened when I got home from work today. I had a letter waiting for me, it was from Boots. With a £25 gift card inside. It was an appology for cancelling an order before Christmas due to "technical difficulties". I did get the order in time for Christmas and all the points I should have and they still sent this, so I'm well happy I didn't even complain? So if you don't get your order you may get a gift card as an apology maybe for even more than £25!

Estimated delivery for mine is next Thursday so you might still get it. The last few times I've ordered it has come several days after estimation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up58
    2. Whey protien634
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!22
    4. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?33

See more discussions