Boots - save up to 70% sale starts next week

Top comments
Just so you know .. DFS are also having a sale soon, ta.
I have to be honest, even at 70% off I just don't care this year. It just looks like a load of tat.

On the plus side, it seemed like there was still a lot of stock online and in some of the stores nearby, so those who do care may do well.
Confirmed on MSE - starts this Friday.
Any updates on the confirmation from staff yet?
50 Comments
And
I have to be honest, even at 70% off I just don't care this year. It just looks like a load of tat.

On the plus side, it seemed like there was still a lot of stock online and in some of the stores nearby, so those who do care may do well.
And the speculation begins
Last couple of years been so rubbish not gona bother this year
Dfs have permanent sale. There as bad as dreams!
Last year it’s was on Friday 20th?
Does anyone know if you get a notification on the boots app to let you know on the day or will we have to head to Boots everyday until we strike lucky
As a recovering addict to the once 75% sale now 70% Boots sale, its all potluck unless you go on other forums MSE and wait for a Boots employee to announce the night before! Last years sale was also on 20 January.
Depending on which store you go too, prepare for a scrum!
Some Colgate's go for £6+, even the cheaper ones are priced up, I have access to a 2nd user staff discount and still never buy anything form there (well that's a lie....only meal deals, sometimes). Usually buy toiletries from savers/ B&M
I was at my local Boots at a retail park for opening at the sale last year. I told myself never again. It’s a small store but people took trolleys from the next door M&S Simply Food In with them and it was a crush. Some of them were literally knocking stuff off the shelf into their trolley so they could look at it whilst in the queue and decide whether they wanted it or if they would dump it on a random near by shelf. It was a disgrace. I was in an aisle looking for one thing and had to shout at people to calm down as someone was going to get seriously hurt or crushed and they stopped, looked at me like I was a weirdo and carried on Someone dropped a big gift set on my head whilst others bashed me with their trolley. I got out of there as quick as I could.
@Caveman2014 Hey, cheers for this - As this is currently speculation, I have moved this to Misc until we get a solid date. If you report the thread once the date has been confirmed, a Mod will pop it back in the deals section. Thanks again.
hotmik2 h, 18 m ago

I better start camping out now to be 1st in the queue
So you can pick up the dregs no one else wanted...
Boots over arni had loads left including soap and glory sets!!!!
Hopefully I can get some of these at 15 quid..... bloke said he thinks it was next weekend at checkout
I have been an avid fan of this Boots sale for many years but like lots of others will not be returning this year - as it was a most unpleasant experience last year. Some people have no manners or consideration for others. I really do not think it is worth it.
My understanding is that staff don't even get told until the day before so this would be speculation, based on the fact the 70% off sale ( previously 75% off) was always the third Wednesday in January. Apart from that year it snowed! Anyhow , last year they threw a spanner in the works and moved it to the Friday and didn't do it online at all. Follow the MSE thread and storck always seems to get the date right . Its always busy but friendly in my local with loads of stock left .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 12th Jan
Last year's was a total waste of time. I went to 2 branches and there was little on offer. But thanks for the heads up anyhow.
tinkerbellian18 m ago

My understanding is that staff don't even get told until the day before so …My understanding is that staff don't even get told until the day before so this would be speculation, based on the fact the 70% off sale ( previously 75% off) was always the third Wednesday in January. Apart from that year it snowed! Anyhow , last year they threw a spanner in the works and moved it to the Friday and didn't do it online at all. Follow the MSE thread and storck always seems to get the date right . Its always busy but friendly in my local with loads of stock left .

Staff don't officially know but managers and supervisors know the Monday prior to the date so usually most staff will know two days in advance. One look at the staff rota is a total give away!
It was flippen chaos in Trafford centre, I was into get a prescription and thought I might as well go have a look whilst I wait. People with buggies (with the child in them) using them as battering rams it felt like. Others literally falling over each other. Practically got squashed because people think you if they push hard enough you will part the people in front of you like the red Sea... Fml never again. And the security guards just stood there like idiots. You'd think they could que people up and let a few in at a time
Do they discount perfumes or no?
MiniMissyMoo4 h, 23 m ago

I was at my local Boots at a retail park for opening at the sale last …I was at my local Boots at a retail park for opening at the sale last year. I told myself never again. It’s a small store but people took trolleys from the next door M&S Simply Food In with them and it was a crush. Some of them were literally knocking stuff off the shelf into their trolley so they could look at it whilst in the queue and decide whether they wanted it or if they would dump it on a random near by shelf. It was a disgrace. I was in an aisle looking for one thing and had to shout at people to calm down as someone was going to get seriously hurt or crushed and they stopped, looked at me like I was a weirdo and carried on Someone dropped a big gift set on my head whilst others bashed me with their trolley. I got out of there as quick as I could.

It was the same in our store too, they were taking trolleys from b&m. The aisles are tight as they are.
TheUser12312th Jan

Do they discount perfumes or no?

Yes they did last year at least
I went to a small local one last year and it wasn't too bad actually in comparison to the bigger one near me, I managed to go in get what I wanted and was back out within 20 mins
Any updates on the confirmation from staff yet?
Have anyone find out when the boots sale?
Any news yet? Could it be tomorrow? I think most likely Friday as word has usually got around by now by the day before
This thing is last year it was only instore and not online. The best way was to wait for the internet page to go down then you know its on. But if they are doing it instore only again this year then we will all have to wait for people to actually go in and then report back that its on. which is such a pain. there is no other way of telling.
Or people that live nearer to a boots store can pop in before or after closing...
scubapaula7 m ago

This thing is last year it was only instore and not online. The best way …This thing is last year it was only instore and not online. The best way was to wait for the internet page to go down then you know its on. But if they are doing it instore only again this year then we will all have to wait for people to actually go in and then report back that its on. which is such a pain. there is no other way of telling.

Other sources are stating it definitely will not be tomorrow as they have a baby event starting and will not run 2 at the same time
lynZ269 m ago

Other sources are stating it definitely will not be tomorrow as they have …Other sources are stating it definitely will not be tomorrow as they have a baby event starting and will not run 2 at the same time

Please can you post when you read it
GirishGowreesunkur1 h, 13 m ago

Please can you post when you read it

Moneysavingexpert site. Forum. Lots of chat on there
Just been past liverpool store still showing 1/2 price sale, looks like 70% sale will be possibly Friday 19th*
tracybarlow37 m ago

Just been past liverpool store still showing 1/2 price sale, looks like …Just been past liverpool store still showing 1/2 price sale, looks like 70% sale will be possibly Friday 19th*

Thanks
Most of the good stuff has gone in the 50% so does the 70% sale really matter this year?
Just been past a boots store still showing 1/2 price sale too
Just seen a tumble weed
Does anyone know what the stock levels are like in Meadowhall please?
Confirmed on MSE - starts this Friday.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants