Boots "WISHLIST TRICK" no longer possible on new website

6 replies
Found 25th Jan
I am sure I am not the only HUKDer that loved the Boots "Wish List" feature for identifying when out-of-stock deals came back into stock more easily than on the main Boots website. Often items would show in the Wish List and could be added to your basket and purchased, that were still showing out of stock elsewhere on the Boots site.

Well, bad news folks.... Boots revealed their new website overnight and the Wish List feature has totally gone. All my existing wish list items seem to have ended up in the "Purchase Later" area under the basket, but it's no longer possible to add anything to a Wish List.

My "Favourites" list has all disappeared too, although the Favourites feature is still there and items can be re-added to a new list.

The "Reorder" feature in Orders History has gone too. I personally found that super useful for quickly checking out deals.

The site now (IMO) looks awful, and now lacks some of the best features for deal-hunters.

If you agree, join me in sending Boots Customer Service some feedback, hey? The new site is so hard to navigate and shop, and I find it's really hard to look at - "busy" with lots of moving banners and lots of stark white space! (maybe it looks better on a mobile device?) but I'd mostly love to see them reinstate the Wish List feature!

6 Comments

boots mobile it's just as bad, my initial reaction

The new site is horrible

This seems to be a common complaint, on the forums I read, supposed website improvements and redesigns that in reality reduce functionality and make it harder to use or read.

Wow, that is quite the eyesore. Had a look out of curiosity. Doesn't fit on my screen and the categories don't work either. I bet they're going to have some fun with that

moneysavingkitten

Wow, that is quite the eyesore. Had a look out of curiosity. Doesn't … Wow, that is quite the eyesore. Had a look out of curiosity. Doesn't fit on my screen and the categories don't work either. I bet they're going to have some fun with that

I am guessing this is another 'mobile friendly' update ?

thewongwing101

I am guessing this is another 'mobile friendly' update ?

Yeah, it does look better on mobile. I haven't got anything against responsive websites per se, but why do they always make the desktop ones so massive? They only very just fit on an HD screen and many people use less than. Feels very sloppy to me.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wireless earphones11
    2. Gatwick Airport Parking33
    3. Domain renewal34
    4. Xbox one s22

See more discussions