Boots.com problems

Having ordered a x-trainer on boots website just after xmas, they delivered a £20 exercise bike instead. I called them up and they apologised, said they would collect the item and deliver a new one (via different couriers) yesterday. I had the old one collected, and about 3pm called them to confirm that they were wtill delivering the new one. They confirmed it was on the back of a lorry and that it will be delivered by 6pm.

Guess what, 6pm came and no delivery. Called customer services to be told that there wasnt the order for a new one!

Today we have now been told that they are out of stock.

The question is that the price was about £75 cheaper through boots than elsewhere. Can i hold Boots to pay the extra £75 to supply the goods? Especially as they have charged our card! Is this a contract?

7 Comments

Nope I don't think you can. They'll refund you & probably pop 5000 points on your advantage card as an apology but I don't think you'll get anywhere if you ask them to pay £75 to supply it...

i dont reckon you can either

Original Poster

sadiebabes;1439920

Was it this one? … Was it this one? http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1081464&classificationid=1047396&slmRefer=

no...it was a reebok series 3. Now found it on gym world for about £20 more...guess i should accept a 'generous' offer from them!

Original Poster

Thanks for your comments!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3061083
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764578
    3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1832
    4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1939

See more discussions