Found 29th Apr 2010
Hi guys and girls, just wondered if anyone had seen/heard any news on gearbox coming up with the next dlc for Borderlands.

Ive seen the articles from one of the gearbox guys saying 'we will continue to support the title' and I know that the reason for its delay is that gearbox are focusing on colonial marines (very happy about this!) but just wondered if anybody had any other news?

Thanks alot

Jim

17 Comments

Noooooo, no more! I've had enough of Borderlands now, Mad Moxxi's Underdome really sapped my will to live lol... I didn't realise there would be any more DLCs and I got rid of my copy a couple of weeks back!!

Original Poster

cookiemonster83;8486519

Noooooo, no more! I've had enough of Borderlands now, Mad Moxxi's … Noooooo, no more! I've had enough of Borderlands now, Mad Moxxi's Underdome really sapped my will to live lol... I didn't realise there would be any more DLCs and I got rid of my copy a couple of weeks back!!

lol i and everyone i know agree that MM was absolute rubbish but apparently the only reason they made it was cos loads of people were asking for them to do a horde type mode on the official forums.

as for the other 2 i thought they were absolutely brilliant. the armoury is by far the best value dlc on the marketplace. 800ms points for god knows how many extra hours of gameplay, loved it!

lol bring on no. 4!!!!

The last DLC was pretty poo as well it was FAR too hard to be enjoyable and was a real grind, the zombie one was v good though

I bought it on the 360 but have only played it once.
Really should sell it and purchase the PC version as I am far more likely to spend time playing it (i'm not a fan of FPS using a pad).

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;8486656

The last DLC was pretty poo as well it was FAR too hard to be enjoyable … The last DLC was pretty poo as well it was FAR too hard to be enjoyable and was a real grind, the zombie one was v good though

I thought it started off slow and hated the fact that there was no fast travel but I didnt find it hard at all and I did the majority of it (except crawmerax) on my own. Once I got past the first few dull missions I really got into it.

manchesterjim;8486878

I thought it started off slow and hated the fact that there was no fast … I thought it started off slow and hated the fact that there was no fast travel but I didnt find it hard at all and I did the majority of it (except crawmerax) on my own. Once I got past the first few dull missions I really got into it.

I absolutely agree about the Armory DLC, that represented the kind of value I'd expect from paid content but so rarely get. The lack of fast travel was a serious irritation to be honest, but aside from that I couldn't really fault it (well, besides it being ludicriously difficult to honestly obtain any pearlescent weapons). Because I did Moxxi's last though (I did one of the long challenges and then resolved to leave the other two till last), it really left me with a sour taste and being glad it was all over! I've got the full 1500G now and I guess I'll wait with any future DLC to see what other people think of it before rushing out to get it.

Original Poster

cookiemonster83;8487302

I absolutely agree about the Armory DLC, that represented the kind of … I absolutely agree about the Armory DLC, that represented the kind of value I'd expect from paid content but so rarely get. The lack of fast travel was a serious irritation to be honest, but aside from that I couldn't really fault it (well, besides it being ludicriously difficult to honestly obtain any pearlescent weapons). Because I did Moxxi's last though (I did one of the long challenges and then resolved to leave the other two till last), it really left me with a sour taste and being glad it was all over! I've got the full 1500G now and I guess I'll wait with any future DLC to see what other people think of it before rushing out to get it.

yeah same I did Moxxis last for the 1500g but went back to the armoury to do the crawmerax exploit to get pearl weapons. Ive got tonnes of em now lol. I heard the 4th dlc might have the claptrap from the end of the man storyline (the one who gets electricuted or whatever by the satellite and turns evil).

I played the last dlc with another person on second playthrough and it was near impossible

iNSOMANiAC;8489482

I played the last dlc with another person on second playthrough and it … I played the last dlc with another person on second playthrough and it was near impossible

Really? You must not have levelled up enough, I did the whole thing solo except for Crawmerax!

Banned

manchesterjim;8486878

I thought it started off slow and hated the fact that there was no fast … I thought it started off slow and hated the fact that there was no fast travel but I didnt find it hard at all and I did the majority of it (except crawmerax) on my own. Once I got past the first few dull missions I really got into it.

There is fast travel :? I think like any RPG you need to get used to the menu's and how to play it. I also didn't like it at first but once I started playing it on co-op with a mate, it became one of my best games. Yet to play the DLC recently completed first playthrough, from the sounds of it though MM is very , hopefully zombie island is better

ryman1000;8490465

There is fast travel :? I think like any RPG you need to get used to the … There is fast travel :? I think like any RPG you need to get used to the menu's and how to play it. I also didn't like it at first but once I started playing it on co-op with a mate, it became one of my best games. Yet to play the DLC recently completed first playthrough, from the sounds of it though MM is very , hopefully zombie island is better

There's no fast travel in The Armory, you can only fast travel from the main game world to the first section of the DLC. All the other areas from then on have to be travelled to 'manually', via annoyingly long highways usually.

Gearbox have actually said they are not currently working on another atm - it was Take-2 in an earnings call that mentioned further DLC.

cookiemonster83;8490329

Really? You must not have levelled up enough, I did the whole thing solo … Really? You must not have levelled up enough, I did the whole thing solo except for Crawmerax!

We were both level 50, the game is a lot harder with more people

iNSOMANiAC;8491102

We were both level 50, the game is a lot harder with more people

Yeah, but things are a lot easier once you've levelled up to 61.

still not completed it yet, no DLC either, dont have the time atm with uni :-( looking forward to exams finishing so i can get properly stuck into it again

Original Poster

ryman1000;8490465

There is fast travel :? I think like any RPG you need to get used to the … There is fast travel :? I think like any RPG you need to get used to the menu's and how to play it. I also didn't like it at first but once I started playing it on co-op with a mate, it became one of my best games. Yet to play the DLC recently completed first playthrough, from the sounds of it though MM is very , hopefully zombie island is better

No theres not :thumbsup:

Original Poster

alternate;8491092

Gearbox have actually said they are not currently working on another atm … Gearbox have actually said they are not currently working on another atm - it was Take-2 in an earnings call that mentioned further DLC.

ahhh that could mean even better things for colonial marines if gearbox have put borderlands to one side. I would love to see the 4th dlc soon but Im more than happy knowing that colonial marines might be being focussed on, which looks brill!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769503
    2. word association Game74244922
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889

See more discussions