Borders Gift Cards

Found 29th Nov 2009
Went into Borders bookstore today with my borders gift card of £25. They will accept the giftcard ........... BUT you have to spend DOUBLE the amount !!!. So i had to force myself to purchase £50 of items!!!!!, Just to use the £25 giftcard. This applies to all borders giftcards!!!!!

6 Comments

Oh my! Well at least you getting something - still waiting fro Zavvi voucher refund!

Can't do that legally lol

You've been had!!!

choc1969;7047932

Can't do that legally lolYou've been had!!!

Why?

The gift card is worthless as the company is in receivership. So, the gift card holder could make a claim in any subsequent liquidation. The chance of getting anything is probably about zero so, if they're offered a goodwill gesture of £25 off £50 worth of books, they're probably better off than they would be with nothing.

you sure they are allowed to do that?!

tony_s1;7048373

Why?The gift card is worthless as the company is in receivership. So, the … Why?The gift card is worthless as the company is in receivership. So, the gift card holder could make a claim in any subsequent liquidation. The chance of getting anything is probably about zero so, if they're offered a goodwill gesture of £25 off £50 worth of books, they're probably better off than they would be with nothing.

The company have appointed administrators and are not in receivership. Don't get them confused. They are still trading with the hope to sell so can not legally change the T&Cs of their gitft cards.......just yet :thumbsup:

choc1969;7048448

The company have appointed administrators and are not in receivership. … The company have appointed administrators and are not in receivership. Don't get them confused. They are still trading with the hope to sell so can not legally change the T&Cs of their gitft cards.......just yet :thumbsup:

Sorry, you're right. Borders is only in administration. However, the point of administration is to protect a company from its creditors, i.e. the creditors can only enforce their debt by formal liquidation. A gift card holder is a creditor so there is nothing they can do to force the company to honour its obligation, other than trying to get it put into liquidation.
Post a comment
@
    Text