Boring but - Wireless doorbell recommendation please

Found 6th Feb 2012
Ok, I need a new doorbell. Needs to be wireless, stuck onto uPVC with stickytape and plugs into mains (simple). I also want a visual indicator on the bellpush to say it's been activated.

This could either be a light going off when pushed, or a light going on when pushed. Seems simple I know but I can't see any on Amazon or anywhere else that confirm this in the listed spec. I'm sure loads of them do but they don't specify it. If I include "light" or" LED" it just results in light functioning for the receiver, not the sender.

Any suggestions/recommendations appreciated.

Also I don't mind paying a bit more for one that lasts longer than 13 months.

Ta in advance.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

B&Q do loads of bells. Have you tried there?

How about these:

This one obviously has a bell that lights up (although doesn't mention it)

This one also looks like it has a light

As for this one, maybe?

Edited by: "Shebani" 6th Feb 2012

This one is wireless
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01358/raid1_1358360a.jpg

And it normally leaves a sign that someone has called

Original Poster

WoolyM

This one is wirelessAnd it normally leaves a sign that someone has called

I'm amazed he could pick it up!

I paid £6 for one in wilkinsons.
It has a green light to show it is working, has a battery operated box that is portable

I bought one from Argos some years ago but found that they eat batteries like there's no tomorrow.

i have had two wireless ones and had nothing but probs with em , my poor mum who is 81 said to me the other day she has seen a nice one i said make sure its not wireless she replied no its not wireless has no wires thought bless her lol

i looked into replacing a broken electric door bell recently and got put off at all the wiring detail as apparently it connects to the consumer unit.

why so difficult? would be better if it had a spur.

Our last wireless one was a nightmare , when someone rang next door but one;s bell ours rang and when someone rang our bell the kids joke 'fart box' went off oO

shopstilldrops

Our last wireless one was a nightmare , when someone rang next door but … Our last wireless one was a nightmare , when someone rang next door but one;s bell ours rang and when someone rang our bell the kids joke 'fart box' went off oO

ha ha. this is funny.

mutley1

ha ha. this is funny.

Haha, best was our poor dog would jump up and look sheepish with a ' wasnt me ' look every time it happened X)

Original Poster

Well, thanks for the suggestions but nobody has recommended a mains one that they have actually installed which is what I really wanted. I'l just chuck a couple of quid at this and see how I go.

amazon.co.uk/met…1-7

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions