Borrow Audiobooks, music, films, news papers, magazine & ebooks free on your devices. Just join your local library & download apps!

Posted 15th Nov
gov.uk/joi…ary

Not a ‘deal’ as such, it’s part of the library service but talking to friends and friends in my books club, so many were not aware of this.

You can borrow audiobooks, listen to music and get ebooks on your tablet or phone by joining your local library. Just like a library you borrow your ebooks or audiobooks etc for 3 weeks, you can extend your loan and return early when done for the next person!

First off find your local library via the above link and sign up. Some will give you a temporary ID for some services (like borrowbox) some will let you join online and send your library card in the post for the other services (such as Libby) some may require you to go in to your local library and sign up for your card, depending on your region.

Once you have your card enter your library card number on the following apps or site for the following:

meet.libbyapp.com - ebooks & eAudio, 3 week loan, 10 item limit.

borrowbox.com - audiobooks, 3 week loan, 6 item limit.

freegalmusic.com/home - Music, yours to keep. 5 songs per week & unlimited streaming.

pressreader.com/cat…log - newspapers and magazines, yours to keep, unlimited downloads.

kanopy.com - Classic & indie films and documentaries, 3 day loan, 10 films per months

The only downside at the moment is you can’t import books to a kindle in the UK yet, you’ll need to read on your tablet or phone. hopefully this will come in the future as it is a feature in America.

I hope this is of some use to the HUKD community who love reading and audiobooks etc as much as I!
Community Updates
GOV.UK DealsMisc

Groups

2 Comments
This works brilliantly. Our library uses the RB Digital app. It's so easy to choose, with search by name or genre, and with download, return and renew options - there are limits to what audio books you can get, for example you may only get the second part onwards of a series of books, but there is an amazing range. All free! I use an old phone just for this, with the house wifi, so no extra cost. Once downloaded you have the books for up to 28 days offline. It's good you brought this to everyone's attention, thank you. You can also get free magazines and ebooks.
aninginaneana16/11/2019 19:44

This works brilliantly. Our library uses the RB Digital app. It's so easy …This works brilliantly. Our library uses the RB Digital app. It's so easy to choose, with search by name or genre, and with download, return and renew options - there are limits to what audio books you can get, for example you may only get the second part onwards of a series of books, but there is an amazing range. All free! I use an old phone just for this, with the house wifi, so no extra cost. Once downloaded you have the books for up to 28 days offline. It's good you brought this to everyone's attention, thank you. You can also get free magazines and ebooks.

Yes it is a shame HUKD team moved this from a deal to a discussion, as this part of the site/app doesn’t get the same views. I think this is such a great thing that many don’t know about.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants