Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Bosch dishwasher problem

Posted 27th Apr 2019
Been googling for a bit, have a rough idea what the issue is but wondering if the wise folk of hukd have dealt with this b4.

I originally had the tap symbol flashing and the washer would not work, but read to tip it to drain water. Now it works great.

But now i have the brush symbol flashing and also the sun kind of light flashing. I understand that relates to the filter or something being blocked but ive washed it (the one inside).

Any suggestions what it may be?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Tried running dishwasher cleaner through?
If the above don't work its likely a clog in the drain pump or a clog in the drain line going to the sink trap.

You can get to this on a Bosch by turning it on it's back and removing access panel at the bottom the drain pump usually just turns one way and comes off it does quite often have an anti turn bit of plastic that a flat head screwdriver will snap this tiny bit of plastic then it comes off easy then you could rod the drain hose if needs be too it's all quite easy with a Bosch tbh.
Exactly like this guy says in the video
deleted1410297
oh silly me, the brush means washing and the sun means rinising. So it's working fine. The check water tap symbol flashing was fixed by tipping it by 60-70 degrees and getting water out. It works all fine now.

Just hope it does not give any further problems!
deleted1471098
deleted141029727/04/2019 21:05

oh silly me, the brush means washing and the sun means rinising. So it's …oh silly me, the brush means washing and the sun means rinising. So it's working fine. The check water tap symbol flashing was fixed by tipping it by 60-70 degrees and getting water out. It works all fine now.Just hope it does not give any further problems!

Stick some dishwasher cleaner in anyway.
deleted1410297
deleted147109827/04/2019 21:20

Stick some dishwasher cleaner in anyway.

yep will do. But I think Ive found another issue with the dishwasher out. The dishwasher drain pipe seems to splash water up it whenever it is sending water back. Haven't a clue from the plumbing side of things why, could it be due to a problem within my kitchen sink?
deleted1471098
deleted141029727/04/2019 21:23

yep will do. But I think Ive found another issue with the dishwasher out. …yep will do. But I think Ive found another issue with the dishwasher out. The dishwasher drain pipe seems to splash water up it whenever it is sending water back. Haven't a clue from the plumbing side of things why, could it be due to a problem within my kitchen sink?

Do you have the bend in the waste pipe as you should have to stop backwash.

37545161-ci7xI.jpg
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 27th Apr 2019
deleted1471098
deleted141029727/04/2019 21:32

Comment deleted

Yes probably get some 1l mr muscle plug unblocked and put down plug hole and leave overnight (ignore 15 minutes) and then in morning wash through with hot water

tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/299160398

If your in a house close the kitchen door overnight and if flat then keep the window open as it will create fumes (chlorine smell) and close door
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 27th Apr 2019
deleted1410297
deleted147109827/04/2019 21:34

Yes probably get some 1l mr muscle plug unblocked and put down plug hole …Yes probably get some 1l mr muscle plug unblocked and put down plug hole and leave overnight (ignore 15 minutes) and then in morning wash through with hot watertesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/299160398If your in a house close the kitchen door overnight and if flat then keep the window open as it will create fumes (chlorine smell) and close door

Are the pipes set right? Thats exactly how it is from the install.

I took the pipe out to remove water and then put it back in to the sink main pipe. It went all the way down but doesnt fit into anything just loosley inside the hole. Is that how it is normally?
deleted1471098
deleted141029727/04/2019 21:38

Are the pipes set right? Thats exactly how it is from the install.I took …Are the pipes set right? Thats exactly how it is from the install.I took the pipe out to remove water and then put it back in to the sink main pipe. It went all the way down but doesnt fit into anything just loosley inside the hole. Is that how it is normally?

It looks ok just make sure you push the pipe down a bit.
deleted1410297
deleted147109827/04/2019 21:51

It looks ok just make sure you push the pipe down a bit.

alright but are they supposed to lock in somewhere?
deleted1471098
deleted141029727/04/2019 21:52

alright but are they supposed to lock in somewhere?

Not on that type of fitting. If you had a fixing onto the u bend of the sink then it would clip on
deleted1080215
Your pipework looks OK, but I would be a bit concerned about that power socket underneath the pipework in your picture.
Tipping the dishwasher gets the water out of the tray and tests the float micro switch, it doesn't resolve the problem. It will happen again. If you take the side off the machine (plenty of videos on the Espares site) there is a large plastic array of tubes in a plastic moulding. This is attached to the inlet solenoid. Look at this. The usual cause is mould in this causing water to run out and drop into the drip tray at the bottom. This in turn lifts the float on the micro switch and you get the light cube on.
To fix this Remove the clips and take the plastic moulding out and clean it. To do this drain off whatever water is in it and propping it on its side, pour some Mr muscle drain cleaner in so it sits on top of the mould. Leave overnight then drain and rise. Wash through with water until clear. Refit and you're done. Now you've got it running again I would wait until the light comes on again. It sounds more difficult than it is. It's very easy to do really. I've got a 10 + year old Bosch, and had to do this twice. Other than that it's a fantastic machine, used almost every day and never let us down apart from the water light coming on.
deleted141029727/04/2019 21:32

Comment deleted

Does that grey waste eventually feed into a trap? if it doesn't it needs one on the standpipe to stop sewage fume.

If it was mine, I would fit a slightly longer standpipe and leave the minimal space below the worktop needed to work the flexible waste pipe into it. The higher it is, the less likely it is to overflow when there is a partial blockage.
The other issue that you might find is having a clogged-up water inlet valve filter... mine was full of lime and stopped the d/w working. working... btw, you might want to move the power socket; it is against current building regs and potentially invalidates your home insurance in the event of a fire.
deleted1080215
37547604-DL521.jpgGreen is the plastic tray to clean.

Red is the micro switch and float. Just make sure it moves freely.

May not be exactly the same on your model, but should be similar.
deleted1410297
Splodger10128/04/2019 11:50

The other issue that you might find is having a clogged-up water inlet …The other issue that you might find is having a clogged-up water inlet valve filter... mine was full of lime and stopped the d/w working. working... btw, you might want to move the power socket; it is against current building regs and potentially invalidates your home insurance in the event of a fire.

deleted108021528/04/2019 12:22

[Image] Green is the plastic tray to clean.Red is the micro switch and …[Image] Green is the plastic tray to clean.Red is the micro switch and float. Just make sure it moves freely.May not be exactly the same on your model, but should be similar.

thanks for that. Yes I've been informed by a friend who came and had a look. Will definitely be changing it out soon, with most of the kitchen.

Yes i see that plastic part on the side of mine, but it seems to work fine now so will leave it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants