Bosch drill set

Posted 14th Apr
amazon.co.uk/Bos…8-1

Does this come with a drill piece to drill through tiles? I can't see one mentioned or see one in the pictures but I was told by a person who left a review that it does include one
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
deleted1080215
Looking at the image (assuming it is the correct image for the item selling - they're not always accurate) I would say no, it doesn't. The person who responded has probably used it a metal hss bit.
deleted108021514/04/2019 10:25

Looking at the image (assuming it is the correct image for the item …Looking at the image (assuming it is the correct image for the item selling - they're not always accurate) I would say no, it doesn't. The person who responded has probably used it a metal hss bit.

Ye that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Is it safe to use a metal drill bit as i'm thinking of paying Screwfix for a set of drill bits for tiles for £12.99. I've got some metal drill bits lying around somewhere
Edited by: "stevo6105" 14th Apr
deleted1080215
Looks like they could have had a different 70 piece set. Here's a Q+A.

37462066-urK7D.jpg

You can use a metal bit, but you are likely to get splintering. Not a neat finish. If you do want to use a metal bit, put some gaffer tape on the tile and drill through that. Slowly.
deleted108021514/04/2019 10:31

Looks like they could have had a different 70 piece set. Here's a …Looks like they could have had a different 70 piece set. Here's a Q+A.[Image] You can use a metal bit, but you are likely to get splintering. Not a neat finish. If you do want to use a metal bit, put some gaffer tape on the tile and drill through that. Slowly.

Cheers
What about using a drill bit through the grout and then switching to a masonry drill bit to go through rest of the wall?

Was thinking of using my wood bit to start as it's got that sharp tip to it and then switching to my masonry bit to finish the job
stevo610522 m ago

CheersWhat about using a drill bit through the grout and then switching to …CheersWhat about using a drill bit through the grout and then switching to a masonry drill bit to go through rest of the wall?Was thinking of using my wood bit to start as it's got that sharp tip to it and then switching to my masonry bit to finish the job

Mark the tile first and then put 3 or 4 pieces of clear tape over it to help you get grip when first drilling and you should be ok
I just buy quality bits in the sizes I want.. These packs aren't great imo.. You only ever need 5, 5.5 and 6mm masonry and 3mm for pilot holes. 10mm and 22 or 25mm for door latch, but most won't want that if you don't hang a door so buy the DeWalt Extreme bits or good quality ones, but cheapo 3mm in packs for pilot holes. I snap them all the way time when I put drill down
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Apr
deleted1080215
Who put the tiles up? Do you know how they were put up? If they were laid on a spread of adhesive you would possibly have no problem. If they were laid on 'dabs' of adhesive you could be drilling into a space. This would almost certainly crack the tile.
Can you not get a tile bit? Only a couple of ££, save you lots of grief.
deleted1080215
This type. Put gaffer tape down. Centre punch (just enough to mark) then drill slowly.
deleted108021514/04/2019 11:56

This type. Put gaffer tape down. Centre punch (just enough to mark) then …This type. Put gaffer tape down. Centre punch (just enough to mark) then drill slowly.

Yup they the ones I added to my basket. When you say centre punch is that when I hammer softly just to make a very tiny dent and then start to work with the drill bit?

What about doing this?

Saves me £12.99 or is it not worth the risk. Better to use tile bits instead of starting with a
wood one like in this video
deleted1080215
stevo61052 h, 2 m ago

Yup they the ones I added to my basket. When you say centre punch is that …Yup they the ones I added to my basket. When you say centre punch is that when I hammer softly just to make a very tiny dent and then start to work with the drill bit?What about doing this?[Video] Saves me £12.99 or is it not worth the risk. Better to use tile bits instead of starting with a wood one like in this video

You can do that. It's your choice. If it works, great. If it goes pear shaped you will have broken tile to replace or look at..

You have to balance the £12.99 cost against retiling a bathroom /kitchen. And also are you going to have to drill tiles ever again?

Personally, £12.99 is a small investment and the drill bits last for many, many uses.
deleted1080215
Centre punch is a fine tip chisel, usually used in metal work to provide an indentation so the drill bit doesn't skid.
deleted108021514/04/2019 14:03

Centre punch is a fine tip chisel, usually used in metal work to provide …Centre punch is a fine tip chisel, usually used in metal work to provide an indentation so the drill bit doesn't skid.

Mrty is there anything I can buy to check if there is any electrical cables before drilling into the tiles as I'm drilling near a plug socket and my oven
deleted1080215
You can buy a stud detector (not a bimbo in a short dress), but make sure you get a 3in1. Does metal, wood and electrical.

Theoretically wiring should go straight up and straight down, but best not to trust it.
deleted108021514/04/2019 18:06

You can buy a stud detector (not a bimbo in a short dress), but make sure …You can buy a stud detector (not a bimbo in a short dress), but make sure you get a 3in1. Does metal, wood and electrical.Theoretically wiring should go straight up and straight down, but best not to trust it.

cheers mrty
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions