Bosch or Miele Dishawasher

Found 29th Jan
Hi I’m after a Bosch or Miele dishwasher and really would like to get a 5 year warranty included. Searches have only found that 2 years warranty is included. Please can any one advise if they have found anything. Also preferably would like a made in Germany dishwasher. Not after any fancy options.

Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
If you can hold on there is likely to be another 5 year offer on Miele, their last one ended 31 Dec.

miele.co.uk/dom…htm

I've only had Miele and can't fault it. My current dishwasher is 15 years old. It still looks and works like new. I LOVE the cutlery tray on the top shelf, it means you get so much more room in the body of the dishwasher.
Edited by: "windym" 29th Jan
You can buy Bosch and then buy extended guarantee. Most of my house is with Bosch products.
No major problems except the current dishwasher stopped working after 10 months. Needed Bosch to come and replace
the heat pump. It was free and under the guarantee. 13 months later, all is fine <touch wood>.

Miele is usually out of my price range but if you can afford that, go for that as it has better reputation. Same company.
shabbird56 s ago

You can buy Bosch and then buy extended guarantee. Most of my house is …You can buy Bosch and then buy extended guarantee. Most of my house is with Bosch products. No major problems except the current dishwasher stopped working after 10 months. Needed Bosch to come and replace the heat pump. It was free and under the guarantee. 13 months later, all is fine <touch wood>. Miele is usually out of my price range but if you can afford that, go for that as it has better reputation. Same company.

They aren't the same company. Miele is Miele. Bosch is BSH which includes Bosch, Neff and Siemens.
I have 2 Miele dishwashers, 2 Miele ovens, one Miele warming drawer and one Miele washing machine (the second. Sold the first one for £100 after 20 years when we got a new bargain). All are perfectly good but all have required repairs under warranty. That's the trouble with Miele. I was fooled into thinking they don't go wrong. Turns out they do quite regularly and are expensive to fix outside warranty.

I have rented holiday cottages with the cheapest of cheap Bosch dishwashers and never failed to be impressed. A friend also has a cheap Bosch. It works hard and it does them proud.

Brand snob = Miele
Value snob = Bosch (and that's what we will be buying when one of these needs a repair - the cost will be about the same)
miele is a lot more expensive than bosch. bosch comes with 2 years warranty. they are decent machines.

i like bosch as they are good quality products and don't cost the earth like miele.

i would prefer machines that don't last forever as i like having new things so it gives me a chance to buy new stuff when the current ones break down. so i don't actually like the idea that having a miele machine means having it forever as I am told it lasts a life time but you end up paying for it.

i don't like machines that break down too early either as then that is poor value and you are forever looking for new machines.

the balance has to be right
windym1 h, 23 m ago

They aren't the same company. Miele is Miele. Bosch is BSH which …They aren't the same company. Miele is Miele. Bosch is BSH which includes Bosch, Neff and Siemens.

you are right. Always thought they were same company as the Bosch engineer van had Miele and
other brand names on his van. Could be just providing support for them. But you are right. Wiki says 2 separate companies.
ccnp54 m ago

I have 2 Miele dishwashers, 2 Miele ovens, one Miele warming drawer and …I have 2 Miele dishwashers, 2 Miele ovens, one Miele warming drawer and one Miele washing machine (the second. Sold the first one for £100 after 20 years when we got a new bargain). All are perfectly good but all have required repairs under warranty. That's the trouble with Miele. I was fooled into thinking they don't go wrong. Turns out they do quite regularly and are expensive to fix outside warranty.I have rented holiday cottages with the cheapest of cheap Bosch dishwashers and never failed to be impressed. A friend also has a cheap Bosch. It works hard and it does them proud.Brand snob = MieleValue snob = Bosch (and that's what we will be buying when one of these needs a repair - the cost will be about the same)

You sound like us! We have Miele washer, dryer, dishwasher, two ovens, microwave & oven and a steam oven. They've all been absolutely brilliant and are about the same sort of age 14-15 years. As they're stainless finish, they all still look amazing.

The only issue we have is with our inbuilt coffee machine. It's less than 2 years (the old one was a Siemens and died at about 12 years old) but the Miele has had more engineer visits than all my other appliances put together. Having said that, I am more than happy with the appliances I have, they look good and work brilliantly.

*Actually the dryer is about 4 years old. My daughter has our old one - I upgraded to a heat pump model.
shabbird9 m ago

you are right. Always thought they were same company as …you are right. Always thought they were same company as the Bosch engineer van had Miele and other brand names on his van. Could be just providing support for them. But you are right. Wiki says 2 separate companies.

A lot of people do think they're the same. BSH are a quality brand in their own right and offer a good market balance in their 3 price ranges. Neff are their economy range, Bosch their mid tier and Siemens their top tier. There is very little IME between Bosch and Siemens, but a lot between them and Neff.
Original Poster
As there is only two of us in the household, I don’t really require any thing that deals with a family load. Also I’ve been informed by the elders don’t go for anything to fancy with a lot of gadgets as they are more likely to go wrong. Ideally we just need an option for a quick wash and an option for a comprehensive wash. Timers and WiFi capability seem a little extreme. Thanks for all the replies I’ll keep a look out as a 5 year warranty is a must.
DealsRus11 h, 29 m ago

As there is only two of us in the household, I don’t really require any t …As there is only two of us in the household, I don’t really require any thing that deals with a family load. Also I’ve been informed by the elders don’t go for anything to fancy with a lot of gadgets as they are more likely to go wrong. Ideally we just need an option for a quick wash and an option for a comprehensive wash. Timers and WiFi capability seem a little extreme. Thanks for all the replies I’ll keep a look out as a 5 year warranty is a must.

Just get a beko for less than half the cost. If you look after it properly, there is no reason it shouldn't last 10 years+

amazon.co.uk/Bek…eko

Only 14% of dishwashers developed a fault within 10 years according to which

Mine is 15 years old and runs like new.

You an get appliance insurance for £4,99 a month after the initial years warranty (I think beko give 2 year warranties)
Edited by: "chocci" 31st Jan
DealsRus15 h, 37 m ago

As there is only two of us in the household, I don’t really require any t …As there is only two of us in the household, I don’t really require any thing that deals with a family load. Also I’ve been informed by the elders don’t go for anything to fancy with a lot of gadgets as they are more likely to go wrong. Ideally we just need an option for a quick wash and an option for a comprehensive wash. Timers and WiFi capability seem a little extreme. Thanks for all the replies I’ll keep a look out as a 5 year warranty is a must.

i was also told by people that you are better off not getting things that try to do more than one task as they are more likely to break earlier and end up doing neither task that well, like the washer dryer for example. you are always better off buying a separate washing machine and tumble dryer.

like yourself, i used to look for country of make on electrical appliances, like made in germany, made in japan etc rather than made in china for example, as stuff made in china do not last as long even if they are from the same manufacturer. but with globalisation, more things are manufactured in third world countries (although you can hardly call china third world these days ) so it is hopeless looking for country of manufacture any more, especially as the best value purchase are now made on line where country of manufacture is not disclosed in the items' specifications. a lot of electrical appliances are now made in eastern europe, where labour is cheaper.

i would not get too bogged up with 5 years warranty. i find 12 months manufacturer's warranty is sufficient for electrical products and if they break down between 2 years to 5 years, it is not the end of the world, an opportunity to buy a new one , but the likelihood is that they will last around 5 years whether they come with 5 years warranty or not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants