Bosch WIW28500 integrated washing machine - quick wash?

Found 25th Mar
Does anyone have a Bosch WIW28500 integrated washing machine? If so, could you please tell me what "quick wash" programs it has? ie can it do a full cotton load at 30/40 degrees in an hour or so?

I've downloaded the manual and emailed Bosch CS, but can't get a clear answer. I don't want a machine that insists on spending three hours or more per load.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You will find most modern machines take their time as it reduces energy use. That’s how thy get their A++ energy ratings. Washing quickly requires a lot more energy to heat up the water. This applies to tumble dryers too!

It’s also much better for the clothes and stops them shrinking so much following repeat washing/drying. Just stick the washing machine on when you go to bed or go to work and empty when you get up/come home. Do that over a few days and it’s easy to work around whilst saving you ££££.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 25th Mar
Look on page 36 of the manual re. the "Speed" button.

I don't have a Bosch but have a Siemens which has the same feature. On our model this reduces the wash time to about 1 hour without any apparent reduction in clothes cleanliness. We use it 100% of the time!
cmdr_elito14 m ago

You will find most modern machines take their time as it reduces energy …You will find most modern machines take their time as it reduces energy use. That’s how thy get their A++ energy ratings. Washing quickly requires a lot more energy to heat up the water. This applies to tumble dryers too!It’s also much better for the clothes and stops them shrinking so much following repeat washing/drying. Just stick the washing machine on when you go to bed or go to work and empty when you get up/come home. Do that over a few days and it’s easy to work around whilst saving you ££££.

I have always found most modern machines allow you to pick how you want to wash your clothes, but also have an eco mode. My Samsung it’s normal wash is 1:04 long, eco being about 1:45 and some of the heavy wash loads being 2:20.

Every one one I have seen have allowed decent customisation of temps and cycle times. Eco if you want...or don’t.

the manual of that model you are looking at States mixed load 1:15 at 40 degrees, and some quick washes for delicates at 3/4 of an hour
Dannyrobbo12 m ago

I have always found most modern machines allow you to pick how you want to …I have always found most modern machines allow you to pick how you want to wash your clothes, but also have an eco mode. My Samsung it’s normal wash is 1:04 long, eco being about 1:45 and some of the heavy wash loads being 2:20. Every one one I have seen have allowed decent customisation of temps and cycle times. Eco if you want...or don’t.the manual of that model you are looking at States mixed load 1:15 at 40 degrees, and some quick washes for delicates at 3/4 of an hour

I remember machines which 30mins was their wash time and that clothes used to come out feeling hot!
cmdr_elito32 m ago

I remember machines which 30mins was their wash time and that clothes used …I remember machines which 30mins was their wash time and that clothes used to come out feeling hot!

Yeah me too, limited cycles, shrinking clothes, colours that ran and not anywhere near as clean.
Thanks for the replies, guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants