Posted 12th Jan 2022
thanks to whoever posted this deal it got removed within seconds but I managed to get some and there were more in stock at other stores. cheers
Community Updates
New Comment
Top comments
Being a natural pessimist, I thought it'll either be the wrong product, they'll have been used or the box will be bashed to bits, but couldn't have been more wrong, as the box was sealed and in perfect condition, so a massive thank you to whoever posted the deal initially 😁
46672872-KlNt0.jpg
Edited by: "Rick_Brick" 12th Jan
35 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Pretty common that mods remove the 'real' deals.
  2. Avatar
    dont see them available in any stores now. must be all gone

excellent deal if you manage to get it
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Azwipe12/01/2022 08:20

Pretty common that mods remove the 'real' deals.

It's an amazing price for these headphones
    Could probably make £100 if I wanted to sell them
  4. Avatar
    Only available in Kilmarnock I think.

I've had these for 2 years and apart from the earcups falling apart a little, they're great!
    Edited by: "dipsylalapo" 12th Jan
  5. Avatar
    None in stock anywhere. Maybe they pulled them after realising the misprice. Deal of the year if you manage to grab a pair. Unfortunately I missed the post due to getting pulled.

Bose 700 in midnight blue were also available for £100. Again, no stock anywhere now.
    Edited by: "theshabster" 12th Jan
  6. Avatar
    Author
    theshabster12/01/2022 08:57

None in stock anywhere. Maybe they pulled them after realising the …None in stock anywhere. Maybe they pulled them after realising the misprice. Deal of the year if you manage to grab a pair. Unfortunately I missed the post due to getting pulled.

They had them in a few places. Nearest for me was 10 miles but I don't mind that for a deal like this.
  7. Avatar
    Fergout12/01/2022 08:58

They had them in a few places. Nearest for me was 10 miles but I don't …They had them in a few places. Nearest for me was 10 miles but I don't mind that for a deal like this.

10 miles? I'd travel 50 for a deal like this
    Why did they pull the deal, yet the Aftershokz deal remained
  8. Avatar
    yea all sold out now, amazing find, no clue how this isnt a deal and then expired
  9. Avatar
    Luckily managed to grab a pair, as one about 30 miles away had stock. Going to pick them up at lunch.
  10. Avatar
    I always miss these deals

Congrats to those that got some
    Edited by: "Russ2626" 12th Jan
  11. Avatar
    Is it just me or is this happening a lot more lately, amazing deals get 'delayed' in hitting the main site or pulled into discussion, then when they do appear again everything is gone.
  12. Avatar
    Author
    tek-monkey12/01/2022 10:53

Is it just me or is this happening a lot more lately, amazing deals get …Is it just me or is this happening a lot more lately, amazing deals get 'delayed' in hitting the main site or pulled into discussion, then when they do appear again everything is gone.

I know. Seem happy to put a yellow sticker deal on in one Asda somewhere but this one for Argos which had the item in multiple stores got removed straight away. I saw it pop up. Ordered one. Went to thank op and deal was removed. I checked again at Argos and it was still in stock.
  13. Avatar
    Fergout12/01/2022 11:08

I know. Seem happy to put a yellow sticker deal on in one Asda somewhere …I know. Seem happy to put a yellow sticker deal on in one Asda somewhere but this one for Argos which had the item in multiple stores got removed straight away. I saw it pop up. Ordered one. Went to thank op and deal was removed. I checked again at Argos and it was still in stock.

Getting frustrating TBH, and they just remove any comments they don't like too. I once had a comment pointing out a price rise was due to brexit removed because we're not allowed to mention politics, so why allow a question where the answer is political?
  14. Avatar
    im sure theres a reasonable explanation as to why it was pulled... @Dan
  15. Avatar
    Thanks to the two members who posted the deals which were not accessible by the link. I visited Argos an ordered one for collection. Hopefully it’s there when I go!

Unbelievable deal.
  16. Avatar
    prexelor12/01/2022 11:32

Thanks to the two members who posted the deals which were not accessible …Thanks to the two members who posted the deals which were not accessible by the link. I visited Argos an ordered one for collection. Hopefully it’s there when I go! Unbelievable deal.

How did you manage to order when they're showing as OOS online and have been like this since around 8am? Did you get in early?
    Edited by: "theshabster" 12th Jan
  17. Avatar
    theshabster12/01/2022 11:39

How did you manage to order when they're showing as OOS online and have …How did you manage to order when they're showing as OOS online and have been like this since around 9am? Did you get in early?

I ordered just before 8.00am. I’ve never ordered something so fast in my life.

I will have click and collect journey to make.
  18. Avatar
    prexelor12/01/2022 11:53

I ordered just before 8.00am. I’ve never ordered something so fast in my l …I ordered just before 8.00am. I’ve never ordered something so fast in my life. I will have click and collect journey to make.

Fair play. Looks like you got in there just in time!
  19. Avatar
    tek-monkey12/01/2022 10:53

Is it just me or is this happening a lot more lately, amazing deals get …Is it just me or is this happening a lot more lately, amazing deals get 'delayed' in hitting the main site or pulled into discussion, then when they do appear again everything is gone.

The same thing happened with an iPad misprice at Argos last year. It was removed quickly but many people were able to get one.
  20. Avatar
    cache12/01/2022 11:31

Think we all know the reason Keep the best deals to themselves.
  21. Avatar
    cache12/01/2022 11:31

Azwipe12/01/2022 12:56

I just had a quick look - when the community support team reviewed the deals, the item was not available at any location according to the postcode search

Well done to anyone who got some, I'm jealous!
  22. Avatar
    Dan12/01/2022 13:25

I just had a quick look - when the community support team reviewed the …I just had a quick look - when the community support team reviewed the deals, the item was not available at any location according to the postcode searchWell done to anyone who got some, I'm jealous!

same! but shouldn't it have been expired not moved to discussions?
  23. Avatar
    Azwipe12/01/2022 12:56

Considering some of the rubbish that does get posted what reason do they have to pull them? If not a deal the votes will handle that, I can't think of any justification other than they don't want others to see them til they've had their fill.

cache12/01/2022 13:26

Yeah, loads appear that are OOS. Why delete some but not others?
    Edited by: "tek-monkey" 12th Jan
  24. Avatar
    Being a natural pessimist, I thought it'll either be the wrong product, they'll have been used or the box will be bashed to bits, but couldn't have been more wrong, as the box was sealed and in perfect condition, so a massive thank you to whoever posted the deal initially 😁
    46672872-KlNt0.jpg
    Edited by: "Rick_Brick" 12th Jan
  25. Avatar
    cache12/01/2022 13:26

tek-monkey12/01/2022 13:26

Considering some of the rubbish that does get posted what reason do they …Considering some of the rubbish that does get posted what reason do they have to pull them? If not a deal the votes will handle that, I can't think of any justification other than they don't want others to see them til they've had their fill.Yeah, loads appear that are OOS. Why delete some but not others?

The difference is that if a deal has been live, seen and confirmed by the team as available, and then goes out of stock, we mark it as expired.

However, if at the first moment we see the deal (likely to be soon after it was posted), there is zero availability, then we don't know if it ever was a deal. Also, Rule 5 here explains where availability is very minimal (as it seems to have been here), deals don't get activated in the first place (hotukdeals.com/pub…les)

That all said, we know it can be hard to follow and get the thinking behind our rules at times - we wish it could be made simple, but the complex nature of deals spanning 100s of product types do make this difficult. We try our best and continually try to improve this clarity.

What this definitely isn't about is hoarding deals for staff or a select group of members only. In everyone who works here, I see every day their passion for the community - I believe that's the drive for pretty much all staff wanting to work here. In fact this rule about minimal/zero availability items is to help protect the community from disappointment/bad experiences - after all if you came to hotukdeals and the first 2 or 3 deals you clicked through to were not available despite being marked as Active, that would be pretty rubbish and you probably wouldn't bother coming back.
  26. Avatar
    Dan12/01/2022 14:31

The difference is that if a deal has been live, seen and confirmed by the …The difference is that if a deal has been live, seen and confirmed by the team as available, and then goes out of stock, we mark it as expired.However, if at the first moment we see the deal (likely to be soon after it was posted), there is zero availability, then we don't know if it ever was a deal. Also, Rule 5 here explains where availability is very minimal (as it seems to have been here), deals don't get activated in the first place (https://www.hotukdeals.com/publication-rules)That all said, we know it can be hard to follow and get the thinking behind our rules at times - we wish it could be made simple, but the complex nature of deals spanning 100s of product types do make this difficult. We try our best and continually try to improve this clarity.What this definitely isn't about is hoarding deals for staff or a select group of members only. In everyone who works here, I see every day their passion for the community - I believe that's the drive for pretty much all staff wanting to work here. In fact this rule about minimal/zero availability items is to help protect the community from disappointment/bad experiences - after all if you came to hotukdeals and the first 2 or 3 deals you clicked through to were not available despite being marked as Active, that would be pretty rubbish and you probably wouldn't bother coming back.

as i suspected ^_^ thanks for the info for the thread
  27. Avatar

The difference is that if a deal has been live, seen and confirmed by the …The difference is that if a deal has been live, seen and confirmed by the team as available, and then goes out of stock, we mark it as expired.However, if at the first moment we see the deal (likely to be soon after it was posted), there is zero availability, then we don't know if it ever was a deal. Also, Rule 5 here explains where availability is very minimal (as it seems to have been here), deals don't get activated in the first place (https://www.hotukdeals.com/publication-rules)That all said, we know it can be hard to follow and get the thinking behind our rules at times - we wish it could be made simple, but the complex nature of deals spanning 100s of product types do make this difficult. We try our best and continually try to improve this clarity.What this definitely isn't about is hoarding deals for staff or a select group of members only. In everyone who works here, I see every day their passion for the community - I believe that's the drive for pretty much all staff wanting to work here. In fact this rule about minimal/zero availability items is to help protect the community from disappointment/bad experiences - after all if you came to hotukdeals and the first 2 or 3 deals you clicked through to were not available despite being marked as Active, that would be pretty rubbish and you probably wouldn't bother coming back.

Understood, but also understand the frustration of posting things then having them removed despite you knowing you helped a few people. If you just expired them with a message saying no stock everyone would be happy, as people know that an expired deal isn't available. Your last sentence therefore wouldn't be relevant as they wouldn't be active, as it takes the same time to delete a deal as expire it and most people look at the hot section where it'd never reach?
  28. Avatar
    I missed out.
  29. Avatar

ive had ebay deals pulled that went out of stock after posting. To prove it was a deal you can check the sold link to show the items were bought after the deal was posted. Then it could be expired instead of removed. Deals always go out of stock anyway. But thanks for explaining Dan
  30. Avatar
    Author
    46675453_1.jpgThanks to the op
    Edited by: "Fergout" 12th Jan
  31. Avatar
    Thanks to the OPs who posted the deal. I picked up my QC35 fully sealed. Fantastic deal!
  32. Avatar
    Rick_Brick12/01/2022 13:42

Being a natural pessimist, I thought it'll either be the wrong product, …Being a natural pessimist, I thought it'll either be the wrong product, they'll have been used or the box will be bashed to bits, but couldn't have been more wrong, as the box was sealed and in perfect condition, so a massive thank you to whoever posted the deal initially ?[Image]

I posted this deal did u get them from Argos ?
  33. Avatar
    Daniel_Kartel16/01/2022 15:59

I posted this deal did u get them from Argos ?

Yes I did. Birkenhead store had them in stock so managed to get a pair. Thank you very much, best bargain I've ever scored on here
Post a comment
Top Merchants