Groups

Bose vs Bose vs Zeppelin?

I can get either the sounddock 2 for £199.99 or the Zeppelin for £351 or the bose soundock portable for £315...
    The speaker is to go in my bedroom, and then university halls room come september.. I don't mind spending the £350 on the BW but it will cause me some pain lol!

Is the £150 extra really really worth it?
    Also is there any sound difference between the soundock 2 and the portable?
    Also I've heard the zeppelins have abit of a reputation of breaking is that true?
    Thanks
    Jack

17 Comments

Banned

Bose have a terrible reputation amongst those in the know.

Original Poster

master_chief;8420645

Bose have a terrible reputation amongst those in the know.

My girlfriends dad has one, and it sounds brilliant to me

Banned

I like my bose 321 system.
    bose have a good name in audio in terms of "What brand have you heard of? " "bose?"

But I think in terms of proper good quality sound, there are better alternatives..

Banned

Thread HiJack on the way...

Anyone got comments on the Sonos S5 stuff?

vibeone;8420870

Thread HiJack on the way...Anyone got comments on the Sonos S5 stuff?

Amazing bit of kit. Maybe that is what you should spend your spare cash on.

Only way to tell is to audition both with your fave tunes. I went for the Zep.

Although I did get thrown out of currys for blasting Hot Chip on their Bose system.

Banned

mr.potato_head;8420899

Amazing bit of kit. Maybe that is what you should spend your spare cash … Amazing bit of kit. Maybe that is what you should spend your spare cash on.

Yeah I'm tempted - not that expensive really!

How are they for sound quality and the iphone app?

Original Poster

DKLS;8420975

Only way to tell is to audition both with your fave tunes. I went for the … Only way to tell is to audition both with your fave tunes. I went for the Zep.Although I did get thrown out of currys for blasting Hot Chip on their Bose system.

Lmao
    Just had a look at the sonos, don't really like the look of it to be honest.. i want a iPod dock as well..

spikeyjacko;8421000

Lmao :pJust had a look at the sonos, don't really like the look of it to … Lmao :pJust had a look at the sonos, don't really like the look of it to be honest.. i want a iPod dock as well..

Well you have to test the audio quality dont you? Despite the lack of humour displayed by currys staff, the other customers liked it a few of them were dancing in the aisles!

I recently used the Zep at my wedding as a replacement for a DJ, I was skeptical that it would do the job, but it was fantastic cracked up and filled the room with sound.

So should be good for a few student parties.

Original Poster

DKLS;8421329

Well you have to test the audio quality dont you? Despite the lack of … Well you have to test the audio quality dont you? Despite the lack of humour displayed by currys staff, the other customers liked it a few of them were dancing in the aisles!I recently used the Zep at my wedding as a replacement for a DJ, I was skeptical that it would do the job, but it was fantastic cracked up and filled the room with sound. So should be good for a few student parties.

I remember you saying on my other thread actually about using it as a replacement DJ

Original Poster

Bump

Banned

Just one article on Bose among many internet sites/forums saying a similar thing - intellexual.net/bos…tml

But seeing as you already like Bose then it's a case of convincing you the Zep is better. Well it's an award winner, considered the best dock a year or so ago when I last looked into them and it is a design classic, guaranteed to get people talking.

Have you thought about the Logitech stuff too? I have the Squeezebox radios dotted around and while they may not be suited to you they do some iPod docks. They are well regarded in a price to quality ratio.

Bower and Wilkins make good audio equipment.
    Bose make good marketing.

You decide what you want from a speaker system.

Banned

sven256;8422816

Bower and Wilkins make good audio equipment.Bose make good marketing.You … Bower and Wilkins make good audio equipment.Bose make good marketing.You decide what you want from a speaker system.

They advertise in newspaper magazine supplements along with Elvis plates and Lord of the Ring chess sets. What more do you need to know about them.

My brother had the Zeppelin for three days and then it went back. Apparently the sound wasn't very good.....

Banned

kimbyanne;8423125

My brother had the Zeppelin for three days and then it went back. … My brother had the Zeppelin for three days and then it went back. Apparently the sound wasn't very good.....

What did he go for in the end?

master_chief;8423151

What did he go for in the end?

Bose Sound Dock. Apparently the sound is much better on this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764265
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions