Found 20th Nov 2009
have been asked to bring a bottle of port to xmas day feast, i am not a drinker as its bad for my skin so have no idea whats good/bad etc, any drinkers like to recommend ?

6 Comments

Go for a quality brand name rather than a supermarket own label, but look out for a good deal and you'll not pay more that you need to.

Morrisons are still running the half price deal on Cockburn's Acclaimed Port - £5.95 a bottle. It is a very good port , a very good price and from a well respected brand so you couldn't go far wrong with that. Otherwise a bottle of Taylor's is always very good, although usually expensive. Tesco currently have Taylor's First Estate port for £7.99 a bottle which is a good price and I'm not sure but I think Asda may have an offer on Taylor's port as well at the moment, although I don't know what the offer is, sorry.

Original Poster

Thankyou beccajay rep left, no morrisons here in n.ireland but will check out tescos later for the taylors brand

If its for a 'port lover' try a crusted port.

My wife got her boss one last year (ex RAF, the real port exports... they say), and he loved it.

I love port and my favourite is taylors not a big lover of cockburns.

Original Poster

thanks for the comments, appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?45
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769651

See more discussions