Groups

bought a 8month old car !!!!

bought an 8month old car yesterday and its been to the garage already because i couldnt get out the drivers door !!!! couldnt believe it !! fiat punto .....i will b punting it if anthing else goes wrong !lol

14 Comments

All you need now is for the engine to fail!! :w00t:

the curse of the punto strikes again..... :-D

I had a MK2 and it was the worst car i ever owned. They must have been put together by a drunk Stevie Wonder.

Shoulda got a panda. So James May would tell thee anyway :lol:

Had a Panda as a hire car and was quite impressed, although the car had less power than my old 1.1L Metro it seemed to be standing up to the hire car abuse.

With cars you have to accept they are going to cause problems at some point...I had an Octavia which seemed to be needing quite a few parts (hit the 100K mark) and I decided to sell it on before the next service/mot bill hit me. Amusingly it sailed through its service/mot with no faults, I guess that was a bit of a two fingers up to me for selling it

John

Johnmcl7;1421034

Had a Panda as a hire car and was quite impressed, although the car had … Had a Panda as a hire car and was quite impressed, although the car had less power than my old 1.1L Metro it seemed to be standing up to the hire car abuse.

ah the metro :w00t:.... cheapest dam car i ever had, bought a rover 100 (metro) for £250 ran it for 2 years with nothing needed apart from MOT which it passed both times with nothing needed and sold it for £100. Mechanically sound but the bodywork was like swiss cheese :-D

Metro RIP....

Still remember the day set off from the traffic lights turned left put my foot down then crunch and suddenly my 3 mates in the back were sitting a foot lower than before. Looked like a dog does when it drags its bum on the floor! So I phoned my dad 'Dad my cars broke' 'whats wrong' 'well the back wheels are now horizontal' 'I'll get the number for the scrap man then'
    He didn't even come pick me up I had to get the bus home with two carrier bags of all my stuff from the car. Took the stereo, tapes, car mats, jack, air freshener infact everything I could pull off the car.
    Was most annoyed as I had just put £5 of petrol in it! (was alot for me at the time!)

I had a metro VDP What a complete heap of rotten rusty **** :lol: Think I drove it twice before selling it on, being 6'6" it was like driving a bumper car :w00t:

Shengis;1421136

I had a metro VDP What a complete heap of rotten rusty **** :lol: … I had a metro VDP What a complete heap of rotten rusty **** :lol: Think I drove it twice before selling it on, being 6'6" it was like driving a bumper car :w00t:

ha ha another member of te metro appreciation society lol :-D

1982;1421057

ah the metro :w00t:.... cheapest dam car i ever had, bought a rover 100 … ah the metro :w00t:.... cheapest dam car i ever had, bought a rover 100 (metro) for £250 ran it for 2 years with nothing needed apart from MOT which it passed both times with nothing needed and sold it for £100. Mechanically sound but the bodywork was like swiss cheese :-D

It was an ex-demo Metro 1.1S I had, it spent its first year as a demo car and had all the luxury options..sunroof, proper stereo, five doors(!). Then an old lady bought it and in the seven years she owned it she did 3,500 miles. At eight years old it had done less than 8,000 miles and honestly felt like a brand new car.

It ran well for a few years but the swiss cheese body is what eventually killed it, mechanically nothing was really a problem as it was such a basic car with many Metros sitting in scrapheaps getting repairs was no problem. But once the rest started eating through it the bills went very high as the labour charges were huge. Its engine blew a gasket which apparently wasn't too big a problem for the above reasons but the amount of welding was the killer...poor little Esse broke down on the way to the scrapyard and had to be towed to its death. Near the scrap year it was tight and twisty and we were advised that we'd need a better two rope, however the little engine came back to life and it went to its death under its own power...*sob*

Admittedly these days it's nice to have a car which can do more than 80mph in almost silence, the Metro felt like it was going to enter hyperspace at much above 70mph. While I enjoyed the shopping trolley on ice handling, I do rather like having traction control and ABS!

John

1982;1421145

ha ha another member of te metro appreciation society lol :-D

I bought an Astra estate once and only drove it ONCE and that was the journey home. Worst car I EVER bought that was. Never bought a Vauxhall since and never will :lol:

At least the metro was fun for just scudding about like a loon, just a shame the windscreen was about 4 inches too low for me PMSL. Oh and for the record I once owned a Super Robin too :w00t:

was it the compulsory yellow

Psychadelic hippy. Dark blue base with multi coloured paint 'dribbled' all over it. Oh and a bloody great CND sticker :lol: I could live with that though as it sounded awesome. Like a ww2 fighter plane.....

Failure in Italian Automotive Technology
    Fix It Again, Tony
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764222
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711

See more discussions