Bought a faulty item from ebay, what are my rights?

Bought some Blitz storm shin guards from ebay, they have arrived in very poor condition and I also suspect they are fake, now I've contacted the seller to return the item. I paid via paypal, am I expected to pay for return postage or does the seller pay for that?
Item number is 200506610620

11 Comments

Original Poster

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/263/sdc16563d.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1105/sdc16561.jpg
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 11th Sep 2010

Banned

The seller says returns excepted , your within your rights to return and the seller pay all postage if they are not as he said they were.

Paypal/Ebay do not enforce that the buyer pays return psotage, that is something you have to sort out with the seller ;-)

Original Poster

Really, so you could easily scam people from money? That seems ridiculous

Original Poster

These didn't cost that much it's just principle really.

Banned

you can return them under the dsr's and the seller has to pay the return postage as they havent stated otherwise.
In fact you can just tell them you are returning them and insist they collect, they have to refund you even if you havent returned them!

If you file a Paypal claim, stating the item is fake, they will tell you to dispose of it and give you a full refund (happened to me with a MP3 player and a Polo shirt).

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 11th Sep 2010

SUMMONER

If you file a Paypal claim, stating the item is fake, they will tell you … If you file a Paypal claim, stating the item is fake, they will tell you to dispose of it and give you a full refund (happened to me with a MP3 player and a Polo shirt).

Careful, they sometimes ask for a report on headed paper from manufacturer within 10 days and you will loose the claim as most wont do that

Original Poster

UPDATE emailed him, said I wasn't happy and he offered me a refund. Declined and he's yet to respond

Original Poster

sorry I'm being a mong he offered me a replacement. Glad you noticed that

Banned

if you want your money back then he should havr no rights saying no or offering replacements
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions