Groups
    EXPIRED

Bought a football shirt from eBay, turned out to be a fake, can I get a refund without paying return postage?

I bought a new footy shirt, the guy said it was located in Devon, turned out to be Bangkok. I want a refund but don't wanna have to pay postage to return it.

Can anyone suggest what I could do? Will rep helpers.

Thanks, Happysteveo.

53 Comments

As far as I know if it's counterfeit you shouldn't have to return it...

Banned

Report the seller.

REPORT them

I think you will need some sort of report to back up your 'fake' claims. i.e a letter from the club to agree it's fake.

Open a dispute with paypal and make sure you take lots of pictures to prove it's fake. Shouldn't have any problems getting a full refund.

defo report them, what shirt was it out of interest?

How do you know it's fake?

Original Poster

Flodd;7995491

Oh right, have you known of a similar case?

Original Poster

greg_68;7995520

How do you know it's fake?

Its in a transparent non branded selaed packet, got an "M"(for medium), circular sticker on it.

Flodd;7995491

But surely you need to be able to prove it's fake, otherwise you could order loads of stuff from overseas, claim it's all fake and get you money back...can't see that happening.

Original Poster

smithyp1;7995518

It is a Spain Fabregas size medium with WC 2010 sleeve patch.

Happysteveo;7995539

Its in a transparent non branded selaed packet, got an "M"(for medium), … Its in a transparent non branded selaed packet, got an "M"(for medium), circular sticker on it.

How much did you pay for it, and apart from the bag is it obviously a fake?

greg_68;7995543

But surely you need to be able to prove it's fake, otherwise you could … But surely you need to be able to prove it's fake, otherwise you could order loads of stuff from overseas, claim it's all fake and get you money back...can't see that happening.

Yeah but if you can prove its fake, ebay will do a straight refund. You'll usually get to keep the item too...

Original Poster

I had already reported him a weekago for the postal delay and not replying to my eBay messages as well!

smithyp1;7995518

Aston Villa Carling Cup Winners commemorative... :thumbsup:

Original Poster

greg_68;7995562

How much did you pay for it, and apart from the bag is it obviously a … How much did you pay for it, and apart from the bag is it obviously a fake?

Paid just over £16, it had free postage.

Flodd;7995573

Aston Villa Carling Cup Winners commemorative... :thumbsup:

What's claret and blue and goes beep beep beep .............. ?

Flodd;7995565

Yeah but if you can prove its fake, ebay will do a straight refund. … Yeah but if you can prove its fake, ebay will do a straight refund. You'll usually get to keep the item too...

Yes I understand that but as I stated earlier I think the OP will have to get proof it is a fake, the earlier replies tend to imply all he has to do is complain and they will automatically get a refund which I don't think will be the case unless the seller doesn't want any hassle and refunds without questioning the issue.

Happysteveo;7995576

Not knocking you but were you really expecting the latest Spain shirt with patches and a name for £16 delivered?

Is it obviosly a fake (apart from the bag)?

Happysteveo;7995576

Then you should have realised it was not genuine. The fake shirts are usually very good quality and that's about a quarter of the price you would pay for a shirt like that with name and WC badge.

Original Poster

greg_68;7995562

How much did you pay for it, and apart from the bag is it obviously a … How much did you pay for it, and apart from the bag is it obviously a fake?

I paid just over £16 for it, inc free post. Gonna post pics, just a min.

greg_68;7995604

Not knocking you but were you really expecting the latest Spain shirt … Not knocking you but were you really expecting the latest Spain shirt with patches and a name for £16 delivered?Is it obviosly a fake (apart from the bag)?

davelfc;7995609

Then you should have realised it was not genuine. The fake shirts are … Then you should have realised it was not genuine. The fake shirts are usually very good quality and that's about a quarter of the price you would pay for a shirt like that with name and WC badge.

+1

Original Poster

davelfc;7995609

Then you should have realised it was not genuine. The fake shirts are … Then you should have realised it was not genuine. The fake shirts are usually very good quality and that's about a quarter of the price you would pay for a shirt like that with name and WC badge.

It wasn't buy it now.

Just because it comes from Bangkok doesn't neccessarily mean it's a fake, the originals could be made there too. As above some of the fakes are as good as the originals.

If it is not obviously fake then take it on the chin, at the end of the day unless you are willing to pay proper prices for this shirt you aren't going to have one...you have one at the moment.

Original Poster

greg_68;7995639

Just because it comes from Bangkok doesn't neccessarily mean it's a fake, … Just because it comes from Bangkok doesn't neccessarily mean it's a fake, the originals could be made there too. As above some of the fakes are as good as the originals.If it is not obviously fake then take it on the chin, at the end of the day unless you are willing to pay proper prices for this shirt you aren't going to have one...you have one at the moment.

I was thinking that but I would have paid more if the auction had bumped my highest bid up, and I don't want the lettering and patch to go funny in the wash either!

Did it have official in the title, and Did it have a picture of the shirt in the ebay item?

If it didnt have official and it did have a picture you dont have a chance of getting refund, the fact it says fabregas spain shirt means it could be anything with fabregas on the back

If it says official spain shirt then you have a chance

Original Poster

Damn, it didnt say official. And did have a stock pic.

Original Poster

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/steveaitken/DSCF0118.jpg

Original Poster

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/steveaitken/DSCF0116.jpg

Original Poster

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/steveaitken/DSCF0114.jpg

Original Poster

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/steveaitken/DSCF0112.jpg

Original Poster

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/steveaitken/DSCF0110.jpg

Happysteveo;7995690

Damn, it didnt say official. And did have a stock pic.

I still think you'll get somewhere if you raise a paypal dispute... The spanish crest and the adidas symbol are registered trademarks so it doesn't matter a fig if it's listed as 'official' or 'one I knocked up in my spare room' - ebay are petrified of fake goods, you've nowt to lose...

Original Poster

okay, thanks. I'll make the claim.

Are you unhappy with the shirt?

greg_68;7995849

Are you unhappy with the shirt?

I would be... it's quite clearly counterfeit and you couldnlt wear it for more than five minutes without your mates ripping the ....

Straight in wardrobe 101 then...

bbc.co.uk/ins…tml

Original Poster

Yeah as I am dubious about it.

I've purchased copy shirts and it's almost impossible to notice the differences when you hold them side by side with an original. I doubt anyone would know the difference if you wore it.

But hey, you should go and pay £50 + for the benefit of you knowing it's real.

it looks alright from what I have seen but obvs for that price it wasnt going to be legit

BRB buying a 32gb iphone 3gs on ebay, someones selling one for £50....

Banned

looks an ok top for £16

what were you expecting for that price

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. word association Game74044563
    4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions