Bought a game from mduffy789 but never receive it

I bought a game from mduffy789 and paid him by paypal gift on 30-10-08. Still not yet receive the game and he is not reply any emails. I can't make a claim from paypal as it is a gift payment.

I think I've make a loss on this one as I didn't have any contact details from him

23 Comments

Banned

oh no, not another one who failed to follow the fs/ft rules. Hopefully someone can help and you get the matter resolved, but a hard way to find out.

ring him/her

Banned

No contact details :w00t:

[SIZE=3]SUGGESTED GUIDELINES FOR BUYERS [/SIZE]

(1) Check the traders HUKD trading feedback. Please read details posted here: ]HUKD FS/FT feedback

(2) Outside of this you can use the poster's eBay feedback to establish some kind of trust level. If you do so make sure you contact the user through eBay to make sure the account they state as theirs is indeed theirs.

(3) Use PayPal. We would recommend only buying from Verified PayPal Members. You can see this status on the second PayPal screen when you go to make a payment, you do not have to complete the payment to view this. PayPal is far from perfect but at least it gives you the chance of recourse if things go pear shaped.

(4) Receive and validate the following information:[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=Red]Landline telephone number Make a CALL to check out the area code and number are correct too![/COLOR]
[*]Name and address including postcode
[*]Valid e-mail address.
[*]Make a small payment to and from each other to validate the PayPal e-mail address.[/LIST]*PayPal Advice:
If paying by PayPal's 'Gift' option to save on fees, you won't be able to raise a regular dispute with PayPal if a transaction goes wrong. For protection make a normal payment and pay the fees...

(5) If possible, collect and pay for items in person.

Caveat Emptor. Do NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself. This forum is equivalent to a newspaper's classified section, HotUKDeals is not responsible for and does not vouch for any listings or sales/trades in this forum! Use your head, follow the guidelines, evaluate the risk and make your own decision.

:thumbsup:

Banned

well they havent been on since the 5th, so maybe an internet connection problem, maybe they are ill, maybe they have not had time to come online to check, maybe you have been ripped off

Banned

mduffy789 only offered two games for sale and no sales were agreed.

dont tell me you communicated via pm only in which case you broke every FS rule going!!

Banned

csiman;3429881

mduffy789 only offered two games for sale and no sales were agreed. dont … mduffy789 only offered two games for sale and no sales were agreed. dont tell me you communicated via pm only in which case you broke every FS rule going!!

had you checked the ops threads you wouldnt have needed to say that - lol

csiman;3429881

mduffy789 only offered two games for sale and no sales were agreed. dont … mduffy789 only offered two games for sale and no sales were agreed. dont tell me you communicated via pm only in which case you broke every FS rule going!!

Incorrect.

Banned

sassie;3429887

had you checked the ops threads you wouldnt have needed to say that - lol

I check mduffy789's FS threads of which there are only two and no sale agreed :thumbsup:

Banned

thesaint;3429890

Incorrect.

whatever pal! :roll:

csiman;3430040

whatever pal! :roll:

lol. :-D

Maybe check the OP's threads Sherlock?

Banned

csiman;3430033

I check mduffy789's FS threads of which there are only two and no sale … I check mduffy789's FS threads of which there are only two and no sale agreed :thumbsup:

mdduffy isnt the op :thumbsup:

Original Poster

csiman;3430033

I check mduffy789's FS threads of which there are only two and no sale … I check mduffy789's FS threads of which there are only two and no sale agreed :thumbsup:

The sale was not agreed from Mduffy789 FS threads but he offer me on my "wanted" threads and we agreed the sale on the forum. I didn't broke the rule.

Original Poster

sassie;3429848

well they havent been on since the 5th, so maybe an internet connection … well they havent been on since the 5th, so maybe an internet connection problem, maybe they are ill, maybe they have not had time to come online to check, maybe you have been ripped off

He did email me on the 3th said that he will post the game next day. I know he just moved place maybe this is the reason.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3429785

Ah the joys of HUKD FS/FT:w00t: As with everything in life you should … Ah the joys of HUKD FS/FT:w00t: As with everything in life you should have followed the rules, sorry! Been caught out myself on here, so I understand you're frustration, but just put it down to a lesson learned and don't do it again!!:-D

I think I am a newbie to buy stuff off from other people here, I am okay to be a seller but not a buyer :-D I definately learn the lesson this time.

minnie77;3430224

I think I am a newbie to buy stuff off from other people here, I am okay … I think I am a newbie to buy stuff off from other people here, I am okay to be a seller but not a buyer :-D I definately learn the lesson this time.

Seller or buyer, it makes no difference follow the guidelines and this won't happen.

csiman;3430033

Wanted thread ]here

Banned

choc1969;3430251

Wanted thread ]here

So all seems in order, apart from following the guidelines.

Hardly worth scamming at that price, although contact beforehand eould have helped. Paypal gift is an atrocious idea, unless you feel like risk taking.

aScottishBloke;3430296

So all seems in order, apart from following the guidelines.Hardly worth … So all seems in order, apart from following the guidelines.Hardly worth scamming at that price, although contact beforehand eould have helped. Paypal gift is an atrocious idea, unless you feel like risk taking.

Indeedy :oops:

This thread reminds me of one from a few days ago, about the 13 year old girl who got raped and, as per the terms of the local law, was subsequently stoned to death by a mob. Punishing the victim, mob lynching, anyone else see the connection my little mind's making here?

Nevermind all this "It's your own fault for not following the rules, here they are IN REALLY BIG TEXT" nonsence. What can be done now to help the lass get her games?

dxx;3430318

Nevermind all this "It's your own fault for not following the rules, here … Nevermind all this "It's your own fault for not following the rules, here they are IN REALLY BIG TEXT" nonsence. What can be done now to help the lass get her games?

The OP gifted the "Accused" £8, and has no contact details to pursue it.

Banned

dxx;3430318

This thread reminds me of one from a few days ago, about the 13 year old … This thread reminds me of one from a few days ago, about the 13 year old girl who got raped and, as per the terms of the local law, was subsequently stoned to death by a mob. Punishing the victim, mob lynching, anyone else see the connection my little mind's making here?Nevermind all this "It's your own fault for not following the rules, here they are IN REALLY BIG TEXT" nonsence. What can be done now to help the lass get her games?

Extreme to the max :w00t:

Banned

dxx;3430318

This thread reminds me of one from a few days ago, about the 13 year old … This thread reminds me of one from a few days ago, about the 13 year old girl who got raped and, as per the terms of the local law, was subsequently stoned to death by a mob. Punishing the victim, mob lynching, anyone else see the connection my little mind's making here?Nevermind all this "It's your own fault for not following the rules, here they are IN REALLY BIG TEXT" nonsence. What can be done now to help the lass get her games?

Very OTT :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047134
    2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.811
    3. What would be HELL to you?2839
    4. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1922

See more discussions