Groups

Bought a Hannspree TV from ebuyer and then Problems.

I bought a Hannspree TV from ebuyer during the sales and found it to be a faulty one. ebuyer finally collected 3 weeks later promising to either replace or repair the TV.

Now, a month later they have advised me that there is no more stock available. I am currently arguing with them the following;-

When I reported the item faulty I was given 2 options by the CS Advisor 1. to send the item back to them where they would repair/ replace and 2. I can arrange a repair with Hannspree as it was under 2 years warranty with them.
    The reason I chose to have it collected by ebuyer was simply that they had more experience with Hannspree and would therefor make better arrangements with them. (ebuyer sell alot of Hannspree items regularly)

Now I am getting the cold shoulder and have missed out on most christmas/ january sales not to mention the christmas TV I have missed out on!

What can I do?
    I have already asked for them to send me my TV back so I can arrange a repair with Hannspree but they are saying that they are sent to the supplier as soon as they are found unrepairable.

I am absolutely fuming and need the help of you guys to help me put things straight.

6 Comments

Original Poster

Latest reply:

Thank you for your contact with our Customer Support Team.

As per my previous comment, regrettably we cannot send back your faulty TV, as these are sent to the
    supplier/manufacturer as soon as they are found unrepairable.

Please let me know if you would like me to arrange a full refund back to your account.

I apologise for any inconvenience or annoyance caused.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Ebuyer Customer Support Team

Just get a full refund and buy a new TV

You should not have to send it back to Hannspree for repair, it is up to the shop where you bought it to.

consumerdirect.gov.uk/aft…ts/

"Who do I claim a refund, repair or replacement from?
    Your contract is with the trader and not the manufacturer and you should always go back to them to make a claim under the Sale of Goods Act. However if you have paid for goods using a credit agreement like a Hire Purchase Agreement then your rights are different and you should call Consumer Direct for further advice."

Original Poster

birdyboyuk

Just get a full refund and buy a new TV

I will never find one for same price so I don't want a refund, I WANT THE TV!!!

yeahbutitsnotfree

I will never find one for same price so I don't want a refund, I WANT THE … I will never find one for same price so I don't want a refund, I WANT THE TV!!!

Why do you want a TV that cant be repaired?

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Why do you want a TV that cant be repaired?

It was to have Hannspree repair it for me instead of incompetant ebuyer. Hannspree have a 2 Years Warranty with Pick Up, Repair and Return Policy.

here's the one I bought Hannspree 25" Full HD

Edited by: "yeahbutitsnotfree" 13th Jan 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions